“Atmosphire - good, food - good, service unexceptable.”
Review of Fireside Pies

Fireside Pies
Ranked #459 of 3,882 Restaurants in Dallas
Price range: US$15 - US$25
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed 21 June 2013

I call it STEALTING! This happens too often. I am the customer and I should be the decision maker on how much tip I leave (it is my money). Don't get me wrong, I feel I am a good tipper. Bue when the server takes your money and never returns with your change, THAT IS UNACCEPTABLE!

I was at Fireside Pies Thursday evening, 6/20/13, about 9 pm. The resturant was busy but relatively light. My bill was $17.32 (about), I gave the girl $25, expecting change and planning to leave a $4 to $5 tip (23 to 28%). She kept my change ($7.68) and went on with serving other tables. After waiting 20 minutes for her return (I wanted to give her the benefit of double), I left and chose to write this review.

Reviewed 12 June 2013

Four of us stopped here for a late night bite. A casual atmosphere with an open "kitchen" area what I would call "neighborhood" friendly. We had an appetizer, two salads, two pies, three desserts and two non-bar drinks and the tab averaged $23 per person. Salads were great with lotsa cheese and goodies. Pizza toppings were meager with lots of grease on the top. Desserts were good and the chocolate salted caramel brownie was the best part of the night. Someone once told me, "you pay for quaint!" and I think this applies here. Our server was helpful, attentive and friendly, but it sure didn't make up for the pricey food. If I was hungry for pizza again, I think I would go elsewhere.

Reviewed 9 April 2013

Wife and I went to Fireside Pies with daughter who really likes the restaurant. To be fair to the concept, we had all had a late lunch, and weren’t ravenously hungry when we got here for dinner. The 3 of us split an appetizer (Molten Meatballs) and a huge salad (Fireside Cheese) so by the time we got around to order a pie, we just decided to compromise and all settle for a single pie, something that we wouldn’t have chosen individually. Consequently, I don’t think any of us really “loved” the pie. I am pretty sure we left a piece and it isn’t that large of a pie. That’s really unfortunate because if it had been my choice I would have chosen among several other good sounding pies.

The service was excellent, so I am giving it an a very good rating. We probably wouldn't return.

Reviewed 9 November 2012

Though there are many, many, many Pizza joints in the Big D - this is a Top 5er for sure! There are multiple locations, I think the one on Knox-Henderson is the best. After dinner or before dinner, there are 15-20 solid bars up and down Henderson - so it's a lively area. It is near-ish to SMU but is not full of SMU douches.....one of my favorite areas to kick it in Dallas.

Reviewed 28 October 2012

Tried it a few times, but every time we go, I promise not to return. We have tried multiple pizzas here and they are far too greasy for me. They get soggy almost instantly. They don't taste bad, but just make you feel like you have lathered in grease by the time you leave. Just not my place.

Been to Fireside Pies? Share your experiences!