“Great salads!”
Review of Fireside Pies

Fireside Pies
Reserve with OpenTable
Fireside Pies is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #464 of 3,690 Restaurants in Dallas
Price range: US$15 - US$25
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

We stayed at a hotel on I35E at Inwood exit for a football game and didn't want to fight West End crowds and didn't have reservations downtown. Friends recommended this place as upscale pizza. Four of us shared a fantastic Harvest Salad, and a couple of pizzas. (Oven fired.) Very satisfactory for the two college students and two adults. The students devoured warm brownie topped with vanilla bean ice cream. Did not have to wait for a table, was not so noisy we couldn't visit. Nice and reasonably priced wine list. Great find!

Reviewed 3 July 2013

I saw an article that listed Fireside Pies as one of the top 5 pizza joints in Dallas, so we decided to check it out. We thought the pizza was delicious with fresh, high-quality ingredients. It's a thin crust with a big crusty edge. We ordered two pizzas (for two people) -- the Triple Roni and the Beef and Sausage (think it has a different name). I thought the sausage was better, but my son liked the Triple Roni which the waitress said was the most popular. My son had a root beer float and allowed me a sample -- it was delicious -- again, high quality ingredients.

We sat inside near the bar. It was interesting to watch the bar and the cooks, but I think it would have been better to sit outside on the patio. The air conditioning was a bit colder than I like.

Two pizzas, glass of cabernet, and a root beer float with tip totaled about $52, I think.

Service was friendly and efficient.

I'd go back. But I'd sit outside on the patio.

Reviewed 21 June 2013

I call it STEALTING! This happens too often. I am the customer and I should be the decision maker on how much tip I leave (it is my money). Don't get me wrong, I feel I am a good tipper. Bue when the server takes your money and never returns with your change, THAT IS UNACCEPTABLE!

I was at Fireside Pies Thursday evening, 6/20/13, about 9 pm. The resturant was busy but relatively light. My bill was $17.32 (about), I gave the girl $25, expecting change and planning to leave a $4 to $5 tip (23 to 28%). She kept my change ($7.68) and went on with serving other tables. After waiting 20 minutes for her return (I wanted to give her the benefit of double), I left and chose to write this review.

Reviewed 12 June 2013

Four of us stopped here for a late night bite. A casual atmosphere with an open "kitchen" area what I would call "neighborhood" friendly. We had an appetizer, two salads, two pies, three desserts and two non-bar drinks and the tab averaged $23 per person. Salads were great with lotsa cheese and goodies. Pizza toppings were meager with lots of grease on the top. Desserts were good and the chocolate salted caramel brownie was the best part of the night. Someone once told me, "you pay for quaint!" and I think this applies here. Our server was helpful, attentive and friendly, but it sure didn't make up for the pricey food. If I was hungry for pizza again, I think I would go elsewhere.

Reviewed 9 April 2013

Wife and I went to Fireside Pies with daughter who really likes the restaurant. To be fair to the concept, we had all had a late lunch, and weren’t ravenously hungry when we got here for dinner. The 3 of us split an appetizer (Molten Meatballs) and a huge salad (Fireside Cheese) so by the time we got around to order a pie, we just decided to compromise and all settle for a single pie, something that we wouldn’t have chosen individually. Consequently, I don’t think any of us really “loved” the pie. I am pretty sure we left a piece and it isn’t that large of a pie. That’s really unfortunate because if it had been my choice I would have chosen among several other good sounding pies.

The service was excellent, so I am giving it an a very good rating. We probably wouldn't return.

Been to Fireside Pies? Share your experiences!