“Great Value”

Inn of the Dove
Inn of the Dove
Ranked #141 of 212 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed 22 February 2011

If you're looking for a clean, safe place to lay your head at night - and you're not one of those people who stays in their hotel their entire trip - this is the place for you. At $65/night - we couldn't beat the rate - and it was quiet, clean & close to everything. I especially appreciated the garage that each room has. It snowed the entire time I was in Dallas, but my car was protected from the ice accumulation, due to the garage.

I was very happy, having stayed in Dallas for Super Bowl - to pay 1/3 of what my friends were paying at nearby hotels - and I slept just as well as any of them. :)

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
5  Thank hillarybanks

Reviewed 13 September 2010

My recent trip to Dallas was made on an extremely limited budget. I arranged for my stay online and wanted to pay cash for all I could. I was able to do that at this little Inn. The price was right and that sealed the deal for me. Never having been to Dallas, I had no idea what I was in for other than what little info I could find online. I must say, I was more than pleasantly surprised.
The route my GPS told me to take from DFW was blocked by road construction and I ended up in what seemed a questionable area. I called the hotel and found it difficult to understand the woman on the phone but did get direction enough to get re-routed on my GPS. Still skeptical, I arrived at the Inn to check in.
It is very clean, cute and easily accessible once I figured out the work around. It took me about 7 minutes to reach downtown from my room. When I arrived the aroma of home cooking was amazing! The proprietors were obviously having dinner in an area near by the office.
I was the only guest at the time of my check-in. My bonus! Too bad for all the rest of my group staying at one of the upscale hotels in downtown. My bed was very comfortable. The sheets were crisp and clean. The A/C unit worked well and was much quieter than almost any other hotel I have ever stayed in in the hot, humid south! My room was large. Very comfortable. The fridge and microwave were brand new. My room was cleaned and made up every day.
This little Inn is a gem. There is a market and gas station near by, fast food and upscale restaurants. I couldn't have asked for more. Especially at the price I paid.
If our National Convention is in Dallas again next year I will be encouraging all my associates to book rooms at the Inn of the Dove. They slept 3 to a room at the Hyatt and each paid more to split one room than I did for my privacy and comfort.
I highly recommend taking a chance on this little place.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business