“Great Value”

Ranked #69 of 201 Hotels in Dallas
Houston, Texas
“Great Value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2012

Have stayed here twice this summer. Both times my platinum status was recognized and I was assigned large suites. Both times my sleep was good and it was quiet. Front desk staff were friendly. Had drinks in bar. Bar help was also very friendly. Is my SPG hotel of choice in downtown Dallas area.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2012

My girlfriend and I have now stayed here twice, and not sure we will be back.

The good: The staff has always been very accommodating and helpful. The first time we stayed here was November 2011, and when we checked in they had upgraded us to a suite, which was a very nice surprise. The suite was very spacious and comfortable, as was the standard room we stayed in this July. We asked for a late checkout and they gave us until 1pm at no cost, so we were happy with that. The hotel itself is very cool, we love the loft feel and the decor. Both times we have stayed here our rooms have been very clean. The bathrooms have been very nice and the showers were large and luxurious. Also, good value for what you get.

The bad: Both times we have stayed here, we have been kept awake until 3am by people yelling in the halls.... and most recently, our room was directly above the pool and even though it closes at 11pm, we were kept awake by people yelling in the pool area. Not impressed! We know that this is probably a nightly occurrence in the Aloft, since it has happened both times we have stayed here. Bed was a bit uncomfortable.

Room Tip: Ask to be on a higher floor for a nice view of downtown dallas! And NOT above the pool.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Champaign-Urbana, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2012

I had a fine one night stay at the Aloft in Dallas. The hotel had a cool design concept and the rooms were very clean and modern. I booked via Priceline and expected to not have a room with a view as a result, but I had an awesome view of the Reunion Tower & Bank of America Plaza. The hotel was home to some very loud/questionable guests. I had just gotten to sleep around 3AM and was awoken by a woman screaming and yelling at another guest in the hallway. I was glad to be staying with a friend, at least--if I had been staying alone I wouldn’t have felt super safe in the outdoor parking lot or in the hotel. Also, as others have mentioned, the A/C never got as cool as I had wanted and the lighting in the room was awful at night.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
Tulsa, Oklahoma
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2012

While the design of this hotel is nice and trendy, the overall experience and atmosphere is lacking.
We chose to stay at Aloft Downtown Dallas because of the modern design. Once we arrived I was impressed by the overall layout of the hotel, however, I was not impressed by the crowd the hotel draws in. Once we were checked in, we made our way to our room. Again, I was impressed by the design, although I don't feel it warranted the cost. The bed was incredibly uncomfortable! If you like sleeping on a hard block then you should love the beds! After driving all day we were looking forward to a good nights rest. Due to the sound of people yelling/fighting, doors opening and closing, and the loud music down the hall until 5 am, that did not happen. The lighting our room was absolutely horrible. It's almost unusable at night, and very difficult during the day. The bathroom was small and the shower had mold around the corners. The pool was nice, but does not have a lot of light. I expected so much more from this hotel. Never again will I stay at this hotel or any of the ALOFT hotels. Also, I would NEVER recommend this hotel. SAVE YOUR MONEY!!!

3 Thank KL648
Edmond, Oklahoma
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2012

Took my 2 boys and wife to Dallas for a long weekend. We stay 2 nights, Friday and Saturday, at the Aloft Downtown Hotel. Overall experience at the hotel was very poor, however there were a couple good aspects.

The Bad:
A/C did not work good in my room, asked for a fan but the hotel didn't have one.
Bed was not comfortable and pillows were over stuffed resulting in a stiff neck each morning.
Very Loud at night. The hotel is marketed to the 21 to 32 yr old, therefore loud, late nights are inevitable. We returned from dinner Saturday night at 9:30pm to a base pumping, girls screaming, wall pounding, full on pre-party. They eventually left for the evening, but returned for post party at 2:30am. Room doors opened and closed throughout the early morning hours. I felt like i was back in the frat house. Did not get much sleep.
TV only worked at times and you couldn't rent movies in your room.
$18 per night for uncovered, unsecured, high traffic volume parking was not a good peace of mind for my car.
After searching hotwire for a good deal and booking on the Aloft website I actually found a better deal on Aloft website. I called the hotel directly to see if they could change the rate but they we unable to. We agreed to a $48 house credit. When I received my bill they pre-charged me for the $48 instead of giving me a credit. Too pissed and a long line at checkout to fight it.
Concession stand style dinning was less than desirable. Pancakes were premade heat and go and eggs were liquid from a bag eggs. Not fresh and cheaply made.

The Good:
Hotel and Loft style room was unique.
Room was clean.
Pool and fitness area was nice.
Staff removed loud neighbors at 3:30am, but wish I didn't stay at a hotel that attracted such the cliental that required being removed.
I WILL NOT STAY AT AN ALOFT AGAIN OR RECOMMEND ALOFT

Room Tip: Looking to party then your at the right place. Go elsewhere if you want anything besides a party.
1 Thank KDub1417
Darlinghurst
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2012 via mobile

We booked the biggest room available which was an ultra king suite for $170 including tax. It was cheaper than most 4 to 5 star hotel king size room.

Personally, I've no problems with the deco or style of the hotel. It's sort of designed like a funky warehouse conversion bachelor pad with high ceilings.

The room was clean when we checked in. Shower is a bit small with no bathtub.
Nice office area with TV and a separate lounge and bedsit with rotating TV cabinet.

The worst part of the whole experience was the Internet. The Internet was very slow and keeps disconnecting my device from the wifi network. It's frustrating and you eventually give up.

We are SPG gold and requested late checkout @4pm. No problems.

Overall good value, clean, friendly staff and bad Internet.

• Stayed August 2011
Texas, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2012

This was the second time I stayed at an Aloft hotel. The first time was in Irving, Tx with my husband and two boys. We loved it so much that when I came back to Dallas for a concert I booked a night at the downtown location. I have my son and nephew with me for a Big Time Rush concert. They LOVED it! We were on the 6th floor and booked the queen suite. Very spacious and had a wonderful view! We could see the lights of downtown. I would highly recommend staying in this hotel. If you want room book a suite. The normal rooms are a little on the smaller side so if you are staying with more then two ppl it can get a bit cramped. We had the suite and had room to spare! The boys thought this hotel was so cool and I was very pleased with everthing. I know we will probably stay at this hotel again!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 611 and the view was great!! If you want the best view the higher up you stay the...