“Beautiful”

Aloft Dallas Downtown
Ranked #65 of 203 Hotels in Dallas
“Beautiful”
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

It's a beautiful place, close to the convention center. Service was very good. We generally stay at the Omni adjacent to the convention center but it was booked. This was a pleasant alternative. The bar/restaurant was fun. We would stay here again.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Guelph, Canada
Reviewed 22 April 2014

the hotel staff was great. hotel location was good. very close to the convention center. so that worked. the only thing i think they should have is a breakfast area or better variety in their food area. the rooms were huge. they had this cool interior which took me back in the 90s.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Rye, New Hampshire
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

Though concrete and hard lines are not my style, I can live with anything. However, I can't tolerate dirt. The tiles on the floor in bath area were visibly dirty for all 3 days of my stay. The floor of the shower felt 'filmy' which is not a good thing to someone who travels all of the time. This hotel needs some serious attention. That said the two "Justins" at the desk were fabulous...friendly and helpful!

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Elizabeth S
Grace H, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Dallas Downtown, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We apologize that the room you stayed in did not meet your expectations. I will pass these concerns to the management and housekeeping team. Please feel free to reach out to our General Manager, Scooter Yates, at scooter@aloftdallasdowntown.com, if you're open to sharing more details with us. We truly appreciate your feedback.
London
Reviewed 10 April 2014

I recently attended a conference and the Aloft was one of the recommended hotels. It's not the sort of place that I would usual stay, preferring something more traditional, but I I was looking for something close to the convention centre. I was very happy that I made this choice - the hotel was not only convenient for back-and-forth trips to the convention centre (walking), but was clean and quite (in the rooms, although the lobby/bar was lively sometimes). The modern decor didn't bother me. The room that I had (single king) was plenty spacious for a single occupant with a large shower and a good sized desk. I didn't have time to use the fitness facilities, although they looked modern and in good condition. The weather was too cool to try the "pool", but it was also rather small.

Super shuttle to the airport ($19) was convenient, but you have to be prepared to leave at least 3hr before your flight. It's much better if you have a friend that can pick you up!

There was not much selection for restaurants/food within a short walking distance of the hotel, but the convenience to the CC outweighed that consideration for me.

The staff at the "Aloha" desk were friendly and helpful - a nice combination. I enjoyed my stay and wouldn't hesitate to go back should need to be near the convention centre.

Room Tip: Higher floors provide a view and less noise from the lobby....
Dear London_ON_Traveller,

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Aloft Dallas Downtown and appreciate you writing such a positive review. We hope we can welcome you back for you next trip to Dallas.
South Hadley, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for a convention I was attending at the Omni as the Omni was sold out.

It was an alright stay. When I checked in I was welcomed by two very pleasant staff members, Nicole and Justin. My room wasn't ready but I had arrived early. They gave a few recommendations for food that were nearby, so I went and grabbed some good. When I came back I was told that they had no more standard king rooms and that I would be upgraded. This was a nice surprise.

The room was quite large. With a king bed, office area, and living area. The decor is very odd as the building used to be a factory. There are giant columns in the room which take up space. Overall the furniture appeared a bit dated. There was also little room in the closet to hang clothes. Lighting in the main part of the room with two giant windows was nice, however in the "office" section of the room there were two lamps but they were not very bright.

Overall an alright stay, but not the most amazing rooms. The lobby did have a free pool table that was a nice touch.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear Darrell T,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We're glad Nicole and Justin could welcome you to our hotel and you had a nice stay in Dallas. We would love to welcome you back anytime.
new york city
Reviewed 21 March 2014

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. I walked in exhausted from a long flight but Meredith at the front desk was very nice. {management: Give her a raise! Too few people in the so-called hospitality industry understand the word 'hospitality'.) I got my room and was amazed at how large it is. Yes, I know it says [A]loft but, really, what do names mean any more? It was large, quiet, and with huge windows looking to the convention center. Quiet is my #1 concern, it was quiet, so I have no complaints. There is a small food area to buy things like packaged salads so I didn't eat there but I enjoyed Jimmy John's sandwiches nearby. McD's is also a short walk away as is 7-11, Subway and CVS. (You can always have Subway; try Jimmy's). Oh, and they have cable for the internet, not only WiFi - which is good since the latter wouldn't connect quite a few times but the cable connection always worked. Enjoy!

1 Thank NewYorkCityAlex
Kevin K, Manager at Aloft Dallas Downtown, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Dear NewYorkCityAlex,

Thank you for review! We're so happy you enjoyed your stay with us. We will certainly pass on the comments to Meredith, and we're happy that you found our location to be ideal.

We hope to see you again soon. Take care!
San Diego, California
Reviewed 19 March 2014

I stayed here three night while attending a convention. The convention center is just a block away. My room was clean and well furnished, except there was not an easy chair or couch, just a desk chair. No where to sit and read comfortably. Glass shower wall was part of wall into living area. Guess they expect that if you are sharing a room it's OK to see the other one taking a shower. The breakfast area was rather primitive but functional ... essentially breakfast is free if you elect to skip maid service (you get a $5 voucher and a hot sandwich is $4). I'd stay here again because the location is great for the convention center. Also, no one would make a reservation for a return trip to the airport.

2 Thank happycamper690
Kevin K, Manager at Aloft Dallas Downtown, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Dear NewYorkCityAlex,

We hope to see you again soon. Take care!