“Texas Rangers game”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dallas West
Ranked #97 of 205 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed 22 July 2013

The room was nice and clean. My only issue was the smell of lobby. This hotel is close to the Texas Rangers stadium. I would stay again. Close to fast food restaurants, Wal-Mart, stores. I felt the price for the room was reasonable. Great if want to stay close to the stadium.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BettyBoop4930
HIEDallasWest, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dallas West, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2013

Dear Bettyboop4930

Thank you for the great comments on the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Dallas West. I am not sure of what the smell in the Lobby was however I will personelly looking into it. Thank you again and we hope that you will stay with us when your back in Dallas.

Mark Shook

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dallas West

Reviewed 15 July 2013

I recently stayed one night at this hotel. The price was reasonable. The room was beautifully appointed with tasteful decorations and attractive colors. The hallways were also the same. This was the best Holiday Inn I have ever stayed at, and one of the best hotels I have ever been to in this class. I'm guessing the hotel is new. The bed was comfortable and I heard no noise from any room or from I-30 which is very near. The breakfast was tasty and included scrambled eggs, bacon, cereal, bagels, and a banana. The hotel is not only conveniently located off of I-30 not far from downtown ( I could see the skyscrapers from my room on the 4th floor), but right across from a Golden Corral, Whataburger, and a taco place. Slightly further away I saw additional stores like Best Buy. The immediate neighborhood around the hotel consists of restaurants and what appears to be warehouses/ an industrial park. The neighborhood was quiet and felt safe.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
HIEDallasWest, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dallas West, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2013

Thank you for the great review of our hotel. we want to make every guest and every stay great for you.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

Stayed overnight for a Doctors appointment at children's hospital. Rooms were nice, but walls are super thin and I could hear what I later found out were a bunch of teenage girls playing around all night. That makes it hard when you have small children who sleep in the dead of silence. Overall would stay again, but would request a room further away from others to make sure my children can get a full nights rest.

• Stayed: July 2013

Dear Rachel W

Thank you for the review of our hotel. The Holiday Inn Express & Suites Dallas West welcomes all reviews so that we ca grow and learn from them. I understand that there was some noise issues with the guest around you. We strive to make our guest as comfortable as we can. The hotel staff wants let you know that we apologize for the noise but the review helps in placement of sport teams in the hotel and outher guest around them.

Reviewed 23 June 2013

We were placed at the very top> 4th floor which was a good. The rooms were quite large, warmth, clean and comfortable beds. Hallways were wide- and elevator can hold several people and luggage. The best things were, we had free wifi and free parking. (We tried to avoid downtown because everything cost.) The staff were friendly and they greeted us as we walked in and out. Convenient to downtown and to six flags. I would stay here again and recommend to all my friends.

Room Tip: Always ask for the top floor.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 June 2013

Our family of four stayed here for 5 nights in March 2013. Pros: Staff was very nice, the free breakfast was a nice service to grab something quick on our way out in the morning and for us the hotel was very conveniently located. Cons: bathroom fixtures were all very cheap so they hardy worked (shower head coming out of the wall, etc) and while our room seemed to get cleaned well, the rest of the hotel was not always very tidy. For a newer hotel, this was surprising. For example, there was a dirty papertowel on the floor of the elevator one day and not one of the staff bothered to pick it up all day despite riding up and down a million times. Obviously not a big deal, but it says a lot. Also, the picture of the pool on their website it VERY deceiving. The picture makes it look large and beautiful. It is very small and nothing special at all. And by about 10am, kids have ransacked the place leaving wet towels all over the pool area, chairs and bathroom that's connected. Again, the staff should see this and clean things up. So overall, the staff was very friendly, but the housekeeping and management maybe don't seem to be going out of their way by any means to make sure things are clean and maintained. And despite the location which was very convenient, I don't think we'd stay again. If they can make some relatively minor improvements, that would really help.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
HIEDallasWest, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dallas West, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2013

Dear GAYTZ
Thank you so much for your comments on trip advisor. We do appreciate all responses so that we can take these and work to insure that we maintain a high quallity hotel. I do apologize for the issues you had at the hotel and will take them up with our entire hotel staff. Again we strive to maintain a Great Hotel that Guest Love everytime they stay here.

Reviewed 30 April 2013

This was an excellent trip to Dallas Texas. Everything was clean and the staff was professional. If you want to grab something to eat stay away from the IHOP nearby. That was the worst IHOP I've ever visited!

Room Tip: Top floor is quieter.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 April 2013

I had high hopes for this hotel... It must be rather new and at first glance it looks nice and is well decorated with modern color schemes. The location is pretty convenient to both downtown Dallas and Six Flags, which is why we chose this particular location. My parents are rewards members there and were traveling with us to help with the kids and so they booked both rooms under their name. They arrived about 15 minutes before us and checked in, but were not able to check in for our room even though it was in their name with their credit card used to reserve it. They had no issues with check-in though. And (this is important later) there were two people there, a man AND a woman, working the front desk. We arrived, as stated about 15 minutes later. When we arrived there was no one at the front desk to greet us, but I didn’t think too much of that… Until 5 minutes passed and still no one came out. My 3 year old started whining and crying. I was feeling persnickety so I took out my cell phone and called the hotel, thinking the super loud phone ringing would bring someone running. I let the phone ring (which echoed throughout the entire hotel it was so loud) about 30 times. Nothing. We started looking around, knocking on doors that appeared to be employee areas. Nothing. I tried calling again, same story. A full 20 minutes had passed and suddenly my husband stumbled across the MAN working the front desk coming out of the laundry area, adjusting his clothes and belt. No sign of the woman, ever. Ew. He never apologized for making us wait. NEVER. We had to give a credit card to check in to our room (even though, again, the reservation was not in our name and neither was the card used to hold the room). I was the only one who had a credit card handy so I handed over mine along with my ID, willing to do anything to get the now very upset 3 year old up to the room. He did not look at me, did not speak to me. Instead, after running the card, he gave the paperwork to MY HUSBAND who was standing further back from the desk than I was, to sign the paperwork. Um… what? I have a very sour taste in my mouth by this point, but the hotel looks nice enough, so I try to shake it off. We get up to the room and the kids both use the bathroom while hurriedly changing to go down to the pool. The toilet clogs. I assume the 3 year old just used too much toilet paper and figure we’ll give it time to dissolve and try flushing when we come back. We go down to the pool, which is indoor and the water temperature is literally so cold that I couldn’t go in more than the tips of my toes. (It was April, 70 degrees outside and sunny. The pool is indoors… I am disappointed.) But, hey no big deal, we’ll just get in the hot tub. Within about 5 minutes of being in the hot tub, my eyes were burning so badly from the chemicals I had to get out. I assumed the chemicals were chlorine. However my husband made it about 5 minutes longer than I did, and was wearing a dark blue t-shirt into the hot tub. When he got out of the hot tub, from his chest down on his t-shirt had turned a weird brownish-pink color. THERE WAS A TON OF BLEACH IN THE HOT TUB!!!!! Well, now I’m really unhappy. We go back to our room, toilet still won’t flush. My husband calls down to the front desk and asks for a plunger to be sent up (not for someone to come DO the plunging, mind you, JUST for the plunger itself so he can take care of it. We watch a movie and eat takeout in our room with the kids. Still no plunger. Husband calls again and is told “I can bring it to you or you can come get it.” My husband says “uh…ok… well, I don’t know where you are.” “The front desk.” So, he goes downstairs and gets the toilet. We plunged that toilet the entire stay (2 nights) and it became glaringly obvious (especially after reading the other reviews) that it was not OUR fault. It must have been like that when we got there. We left a closed bottle of apple juice and a half eaten apple on the counter overnight on night one. They were COVERED in ants by morning. The icing on the cake of our stay was that on our last morning there my husband took the kids down to eat breakfast (which by the way, the breakfast was OK, no real complaints about it) while I packed up the room. This was about 9am on a Sunday morning and there were other FAMILIES in the dining room. TV’s were playing the show Fringe and so as my kids (ages 3 & 6) were eating breakfast they got to watch a dead body on TV with roaches crawling out of it. Oh, and there was no one around to change the channel. Suffice it to say I will NEVER stay here again, possibly never at ANY Holiday Inn if this is how they allow their employees to treat customers.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else. Anywhere else. Sleep in your car if you have to.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Briana R
HIEDallasWest, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dallas West, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2013

Dear Guest. First I would like to apologize for the issues you had during your stay. Can you please send me more details to my email of when you stayed and what rooms so that i can better assist you.
mark @qhotels.us