“Simply Wonderful”

Perry's Steakhouse and Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Perry's Steakhouse and Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 3,656 Restaurants in Dallas
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Olive
Description: There are two Perry's restaurants in Dallas. The one that I am writing about is "Perry's Steakhouse and Grill" (the other one is called "The Place at Perry's" ) 214-855-5151
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Came here on the hotel recommendation and enjoyed every morsel. I started with the signature fried asparagus: tender inside and crispy outside, topped with jumbo lump crabmeat. The flavors were spectacular. I don't normally eat fried food, but I would choose this dish again. The special of the night was the pork chop, so for $25, I had a salad and dessert along with their 32 oz. pork chop. The spinach salad was fantastic. I loved the warm bacon dressing. The portion was generous, and I probably should have stopped at salad, but I continued on to the pork chop. There are no words to describe the slab of meat that came to the table. The server skillfully carved the slab into three sections: the eyelash, ribs and loin. I was able to eat about 3/4 of the entire chop, getting thru all of the eyelash & ribs, and part of the tenderloin. Accompanied with applesauce, the flavor combinations were stunning, with a lovely combination of salt & sweet. Round it all out with their creme brulee. I was not disappointed.

2  Thank Jenn C

Reviewed 16 June 2014

My wife and I decided on Perry’s after reading good reviews on TA. As first timers in Dallas we wanted to experience some great steak and Perry’s did not disappoint! The 32oz pork chop is a must. I still dream about that meal a month after dining there! The starters, entrées and desserts were all excellent, along with our waiter EJ who was amazing! Definitely the best meal we experienced during our visit to Dallas. Wish Perry’s would open in Sydney!!!!

1  Thank woofiedo
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Great restaurant, great steaks, great service and their signature Pork Chop is enough to feed a family of Four. Don't tell anybody about the special deal they have Sunday PM because it is starting to get to popular. Weekends are fun to sit on the deck and grab a late night drink or listen to some live entertainment

Reviewed 7 June 2014

Seven of us went here, four of us from out of state, because one of our party wanted to go to a real Texas Steak House. This is rated the number one in Dallas and it might be. The restaurant has a very cool look from the entry with the individual wine lockers behind glass to what appeared to be a Murano glass chandelier. Seated in the lower dining area with the wall of wine behind us and music drifting in from the piano player in the bar, we were lulled into a ready to spend money mode.

Our waiter, Daniel, was very helpful with steering us to some great drinks and appetizers. When we got down to ordering our main course, I found it to be a unique touch to order individual steaks with separate family sized sides--- not what you'd expect from a swank place like this. I liked it though because it gave us a chance to share among all of us. The Au Gratin Potatoes and the Macaroni & Cheese stood out from our side selections. Although everyone else seemed to enjoy their steaks, my wife and I did not find our perfectly cooked New York Strips to be very flavorful---we have raised beef and if I had to guess, I'd say these were not aged long enough. At these prices I expected better. We were all too full try try any of the tempting desserts but they did sound good.

We really enjoyed our dining experience here and for a special occasion I'd say it's a really fine place to go. The waiter did try to steer us to the pork chop and from all the reviews, I'd say that might be a good choice.

1  Thank chevybb
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

This is the greatest value meal in all of Dallas. Not an overstatement. Amazing 3 finger high chop for $11.95. Make reservations a week in advance. It's worth the trip to uptown Dallas. Service is the same as if you were there to spend $35 a plate. Free valet also. The side of applesauce for your pork is amazing.

Been to Perry's Steakhouse and Grill? Share your experiences!