“Nice Place”
Review of TopGolf Dallas

TopGolf Dallas
Ranked #4 of 38 Fun & Games in Dallas
More attraction details
Owner description: Topgolf takes all your favorite leisure activities - bowling, darts and golf - and fuses them with great food and drinks to form a truly unique game. Topgolf takes all your favorite leisure activities - bowling, darts and golf - and fuses them with great food and drinks to form a truly unique game and outdoor entertainment facility. Topgolf requires no golf experience. What makes Topgolf so revolutionary? Each ball contains a microchip that awards points by hitting targets that look like dart boards. The further the target and the closer you get to the center, the more points you are awarded.
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Went there with friends on a Tuesday. The price was cheap for what we received. We did have a little troubl with the balls recording our score at our bay. We did order lunch and I was surprised at the portion of food we received. Food tasted great and overall we were very satisfied with the service, food and golfing we did.

2  Thank SRA4
There are newer reviews for TopGolf Dallas

Reviewed 28 July 2014

As an introduction, I'm not a fan of golfing, but I do love going to the driving range. The preciseness of golf throws me off and I hate chasing my wild shots all around. I enjoy driving ranges because I don't have to do that and can just get a good thrill by smacking the balls as hard as possible and watching them fly.

On to Top Golf specifically: I love the concept of using a tracking technology to turn a driving range into a more strategic game. You shoot at giant targets on the range to get points which makes the driving range experience feel a bit more like actual golf, or perhaps darts if you prefer that analogy. It makes each shot more important than just giving the ball a good whack, but if you get one awful shot (like I do often) it won't completely ruin your score as it might in on the golf course.

A final note on cost: we went before noon on a weekday when they were running a discounted rate of $10/hr. This was extremely reasonable for the amount of fun had, but the nighttime rate of $40/hr would definitely change my mind about the value of the experience.

Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I choose to spend our date night at "Top Golf" and what a date it was. It was a Friday night so we expected a crowd but definitely didn't expect a 2 hr wait. The cashier explained how we needed a membership which cost $5. She got our cell phone number so we could be notified via text message when our bay was ready. While waiting we went to the bar area and immediately found a table. It was hot in this place and of course the open doors didnt help much. A waitress came by and took our drink order. She was helpful in explaining the popular drinks. She quickly returned with our drinks but then disappeared and we couldn't find her. She reappeared long enough to take our food order but then disappeared again. Within an hour I received a text saying our bay was ready. We had to go find our waitress so we could let her know we were going upstairs to our bay. We arrived at our bay and this other waitress came and showed us how to setup our game. She explained that the balls have micro chips inside so your ball is tracked. ONE HOUR COST $40. I'm not a golfer but we had fun just hitting the balls out into the field, we were both trying to hit our target in the field. There was golf balls flying from every direction but it was fun. Our food arrived and looked delicious. My husband ordered the STEAK SANDWICH w/sweet potatoe fries. I ordered the GRILLED CHICKEN SALAD. Everything was as good as it looked. DELICIOUS! !!

1  Thank HaveUBeenHere
Reviewed 26 July 2014

We went with a group of friends (18 total) and had a lot of fun. The staff was amazing.....especially Cliff! They worked to make sure our group had fun and were very accommodating to a couple of our requests. The atmosphere is family friendly and the game is a blast! We will definitely go back again in the near future!

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Disclaimer: I've never hit golf balls at a driving range before. The extent of my golf career has been situated on various miniature golf courses.

Despite not being an experienced golfer, I had an amazing time! I put to use the knowledge I've acquired through watching various movies over the years, and was surprised to find out that the tips work. :-)

They charge you a fee for becoming a "member," which is pretty minimal. This basically gets you a member card, but more importantly, tracks all of your play history in their system. I think you can access the game data online, too, but I haven't tried it yet. Then, they charge you $20/hour for the bay they assign you (you can have up to six players). They have servers who will come and take food and drink orders (awesome!! beer and golf!) while you spend your time playing.

The bay includes men's and women's golf clubs, clearly labeled with the type of club, the distance in yards they typically hit, and color coded to let you know which holes you can aim for with each. To clarify, instead of just being a plain old driving range, they have a variety of VERY large holes you can aim for. The balls have RFID tags in them, and the computer system tracks your balls for you. If you hit a ball into a hole, it will tell you how many yards your drive was. If you miss a hole, the system marks it as a miss when you request your next ball.

The computer system allows you to just practice or to play a variety of games. You use the touch screen to let it know when you're switching players, and it tracks everything else. It's pretty damn awesome.

I saw guys playing, girls playing, and even a family from grandma to grandchild. It's a very comfortable environment and I can't wait to go back! Thank goodness they're opening one in Colorado soon (Centennial in Spring 2015).