“Location - great; Food - OK”
Review of Sfuzzi - CLOSED

Sfuzzi
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Routh
Transit: There is a Dallas Area Rapid Transit system stop and Trolley car system that run right in front of our restaurant.
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Nice uptown location to hang out for drinks/food. We went there late so there was only Pizza available. nothing great about it. Service was average as well. Next time i would try some of the other bars on the street

Reviewed 6 July 2013

We went there a huge party of us. What I ordered was terrible. When the food arrived I thought they gave me the wrong order, I did not eat my dinner and they did not even clue in that the meal was terrible. They didn't not even ask how my meals was. Automatically added the tip even though there was only 3 people at my table. Pretty pricy for terrible food.

Reviewed 5 July 2013

In spite of a great people watching scene the food and service does not measure up to a high standard.

Reviewed 9 June 2013

Was just visiting Dallas for a night and out hotels courtesy car dropped us off at Sfuzzi as the after 9pm dinner options are extremely limited in Dallas on the weeknights. This place was packed when we were dropped off. We requested a table outside on the terrace above McKinney Street and were told to wait at the bar until one opened. Couple beers at the bar waiting I notice that a bunch of tables are now open outside and the hostess seems to have forgotten about us. I had to go over and remind her we were waiting and she apologized and sat us down to eat.

Table was great and the nighttime weather was perfect for outside dining. Found it odd that they put down rock gravel on the ground under the table. This was quite annoying as the dust clung to my fresh shined shoes and my date ended up with rocks inside her sandal's. My advice to management is get rid of them immediately. It's a bad look and they are annoying.

Food review: the calamari appetizer was very salty and we did not really care for it. The margarita pizza w/ artichokes was delicious. We really liked it and did a pretty good number on it. the larger size is good for two people and you will have a few remaining pieces to take home for that late night snack or breakfast.

Overall it was a good visit. It's a casual pizza place and it's not fine dining. Would I say it was the best pizza I ever had, no. Would I go again, yes.

Reviewed 20 May 2013 via mobile

We spent an entire week in Dallas and we really liked a lot the restaurants around McKinney Avenue. The city gets an European flair in this area, mainly because you can sit outside, enjoy the nice weather and have good food.
We travel a lot to Italy and I seldom dare eating a pizza in some other country. But I must say that the pizzas here are simply delicious. Try them!