“This place is dangerous!”

Royal Inn Dallas NW
Ranked #153 of 205 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

First experience i had here was some guy yelling from across the parking lot asking if i needed help. I only had a small bag so i told him no. He came over anyway, but just to look inside my car. The room stank of smoke and animal urine. Ancient tv's. A guy claimung that he was "joking" said something about a gun and not to call the cops. Couldnt stay. After leaving i saw the place in the news, two people had been shot, one killed. Stay away! Your life may depend on it.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Rain Y
There are newer reviews for Royal Inn Dallas NW

Reviewed 25 June 2014

A friend & I spent 1 night here as we were going to visit some friends in the area.

When we got there after 6pm, the parking lot was close to capacity already. There were a few men coming and going throughout the place.

Check-in was smooth but the attendant could have been a little bit more friendly. We got a room w/ 2 double beds on the 1st floor and we paid about $50 for it. So that should give you an idea of the price range for the motel. Once inside, the room was very basic with no frills. My friend has stayed here before and she did warn me that the towels are pretty thin. So I brought my own. If you don't mind thin towels, then you'll be ok. If you like plush towels, then may I suggest that you bring your own. The room also had a large tv set, mini fridge, & microwave. The bed was comfy.

The only issues were: the toilet had no lid; the slot where the toilet paper is usually placed seemed broken-so the roll was placed on the top of the toilet tank; there was only 1 the hand towel & that had 2 weird black tar like stains on it; there were small holes on the bed sheets-in my bed there were 2 on the fitted sheet and 1 on the flat sheet. My friend and I don't usually get bothered by stuff like this-so we could live w/the issues since we were only staying there for the night.

The motel is located near the highway(I'm sorry I forgot which 1) and is also near some strips joints. It's also close or in the Little Mexico area. There are small eateries near the place-some local places but also McDonald's, IHOP, and Waffle House.

This motel is good for your very basic needs-if you need a bed, a place to stash your luggage, & a place to freshen up, this motel is good for that.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 October 2013 via mobile

I wish I could rate this terrible hotel less then a 1! DO NOT STAY HERE! The facility is filthy and run down and the
staff are even more disgusting! On my wedding night I had booked a jacousi suite and my parents booked a double
queen room for themselves and my brothers. We arrived to a crazy drunk RUDE man yelling that my parents
could only have a double room with full beds. (Obviously full beds for 4 people would not be big enough) He screamed
that since they booked for 2 people they reserved them a 2 full bed room. When Though they PAID FOR A
QUEEN BED ROOM they only had a double full bed room. But the interesting piece of information was that the number of quests didn't raise or lower the price. This ridiculous man just decided that they would only get a double full bed. He also refused to refund anyone. Since it was all of us staying or none. What a HORRIBLE
double full bed. He also refused to refund anyone.
Since it was all of us staying or none. What a HORRIBLE experience!

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank msurdyk33385
Reviewed 12 January 2013 via mobile

place fine for putting your head down for the night. Easy checkin. Booked through booking.com didnt have any problems. Had a microwave. .free wifi and tv in room. Towels were clean but worn. So wasnt keen on using them.
room was dirt cheap so cant expect a palace. However fine for one night.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank alicia_brown19770
Reviewed 17 February 2012

It is definitely a hotel that makes me think of hookers. Sure it is close to Dallas Love Field airport but that is about the only good thing. It is on a street where everyother building was a strip club. Would rather have paid more money for somplace better, but did not know the city.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family