“Horrible. Save your money and just sleep in the car.”

Motel 6 Dallas Fair Park
Ranked #167 of 206 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed 18 June 2011

I went in to inquire if they had any accessible rooms available and the receptionist, told me that the owner does not allow anyone to use the accessible room. He said he has no authority to make decisions on that room and it would get him in trouble. I asked if I could speak to the manager to explain the situation that I needed an accessible room and he said the room he was booking me in would be fine for a wheelchair. He said the rooms were really big. The width of my girlfriend’s wheelchair is 23 inches so it is a pretty small wheelchair. Unfortunately, my girlfriend could not fit through the bathroom door.
Therefore, I went back to the front desk to please ask if we could have the accessible room or a refund. The receptionist said he could not change rooms because we had already been inside of room 114. We were in room 114 for maybe three minutes. After telling the receptionist that we either needed an accessible room or a refund he refused both. He got very angry at us. I kept asking politely to speak to the manager in which he refused. Finally, after comments from the receptionist like “I can’t give this room out because disabled people tear it up and the boss does not want anyone staying in it. The last time an elderly man stayed in it he wet the bed.” Later he said, “ok, I’ll call my boss but he’s not going to like this. I mean she is in a wheelchair so technically she does qualify.” He called his boss(but he did not dial any numbers, he just picked up the phone) and said the boss said we could stay in the room but he would have to charge us $5.75 extra. I asked for the phone to talk to the manager but the receptionists refused to let me. I told him that it’s unfair to charge us extra, try to deny us a room, and not give us a refund because my girlfriend is in a wheelchair. He was very angry with me. Since I could not get a refund, which is what I really wanted because of how horrible he made us feel, because we were so tired we paid the extra $5.75. I decided not to press the issue any farther because the receptionist was getting very angry. I never raised my voice. I decided I would call Motel 6’s corporate number. They told me he would forward the complaint on and then they would contact me by mail in 15 days. While on the phone with corporate, Receptionist and another customer got into an intense argument in which the police were called. After the police situation, the receptionists called my room and threatened me by telling me if I called corporate he would deny everything and told me we were lucky he let us stay in the room. Just not good people. Very shady.

Room Tip: Please go somewhere else
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank taddugan2002

Reviewed 4 May 2011

My friend and I stayed at this location on Monday night, May 2, 2011. As we were leaving to check-out we received a phone call from the room phone from the "manager" frantically informing us to stay inside of our room and that there was a man outside claiming we stole his wallet. The "manager" proceeded to throughly frighten my friend and myself by telling us that if we didn't either return the wallet or knock on the door and tell this "man" that we didn't have it, the man would come into our room, rape and kill us. Needless to say, we were panicked and scared for our lives. We hadn't spoken to anyone that night, let alone take anyone's wallet. The "manager" was yelling that the man would kill us, repeatedly and asked if we could defend ourselves, the whole 9 yards. I wish I was merely making this up, as it was unbelievably traumatic. He informed that he had already called the cops, but my roommate decided to call herself, as the man on the line, though he had the same accent as the man I had spoke to at the front desk the night prior, I was unsure if it was him at all. He kept asking for us to beat on the door and ask the man to leave, but I refused as he'd just informed that the man had a gun. Why would I go to door? He then proceeded to tell that if we wouldn't comply he would give the man the key to our room so he could rape and kill us. I was beyond frightened, but a part of me was confounded as I didn't hear any commotion outside, yet I wanted to be safe rather than sorry and my friend and I hid in the bathroom speaking to the 911 operator. The police arrived evacuated us to the front, yet to our surprise no one else was under the same distress. A team of officers checked the motel, but nothing or no one was found. And oddly the cops never officially took down our story, but merely offered that the hotel was known for a lot of prostitution and drug trafficking, and that perhaps the hotel was attempting to run a scam, but there wasn't more to be investigated. And strange enough, a manager wasn't offered to speak to us, or anything of the like. My friend and I were thoroughly afraid. And I felt little was done to alleviate the distress we went through. I'm assuming they didn't understand the severity of the call we received, but I would have hoped more could have done. Don't stay at this hotel. I'm not sure what they're running there, but something was very fishy. I will be contacting their corporate headquarters, along with the BBB as a lot of things aren't adding up with this situation. And unlike the cop, I don't think this was just some random call from anywhere in the world. Thanks.

Room Tip: Don't.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
5  Thank pasiap
Reviewed 2 August 2010

Next time I'll pay the $30+ for Holiday Inn across the street.

1  Thank highseven
Reviewed 6 July 2009

We stayed three nights. Two of those nights we had to change our own sheets because they had someone else's hair and body fluids in the bed. The last night--in a different room that we had to be moved to because water began pouring from the bathroom light--there was hair in that bed also.

The Internet didn't work correctly.

The door to the pool will not let you back in because the handle has been broken off along with the hotel key reader.

The entry way smells like really srong B.O.

The ceilings are only 7 feet high.

I got the impression that the majority of rooms are filled with Middle Easterners living in the hotel.

Parking lot almost empty on the July 4th weekend in Dallas!!!! I should have read the reviews first.

Oh, and we killed a big bug in the room.

It really got to be a comedy of errors.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank bethchrist10
Reviewed 8 April 2009

The same car alarm kept going off all night - obviously it was being used as a doorbell for drug purchases. Unsavory characters in the laundry room looking like pimps. Homeless people coming in off the street to help themselves to the continental breakfast (which looks nothing like the picture they have on the wall). The rooms are small but do come equipped with a fridge and microwave. The scene at night is way different than it is during the day. I suggest that you stay in your room after hours!

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank Stardaisy
Reviewed 4 March 2009

This hotel was great for me and my wife. They have a wonderful breakfast and best of all a beautiful outdoor swimming pool. We stay at this location when we are in town we love it because of the friendly service.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 October 2008

Smells as you walk into the motel. Stayed in rm 105. It was so disgusting! Stains on the chair and carpet. Bad smells came from the air conditioning. The window only opened 2 inches. Help! Feces on the wall in the bathroom. Mold all over the ceiling in bedroom and bathroom from something leaking prior. I dropped a pen. I had to look by behind the disgusting chair and no one has cleaned there for years! Big burn spots cut out on the blanket in a no smoking room! Fuzzy tv stations. When I went to the desk to complain and see what they could do, I was told I had to wait until the Manager, Sunny was avail the next day at 9am. When I returned again the next evening (my training was 7:30 am to 7pm) I was again told the manager would only be avail in the morning at 9am. I checked out at 7:30 am. I got no sleep because it was so disgusting. I already paid $190 for 2 nights and the cost of getting there, so I didn't have more money to pay someplace else. There was also a bug trap on the floor in the bathroom.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank skypaint
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dallas
Hotel Balch Springs
Days Inn Mesquite Rodeo TX
#12 of 19 in Mesquite
La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas - Hutchins
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Dallas Fair Park

Been to Motel 6 Dallas Fair Park? Share your experiences!