“Must be nice in INDIA...”

Motel 6 Dallas Fair Park
Ranked #165 of 203 Hotels in Dallas
Cookville, Texas
“Must be nice in INDIA...”
Reviewed 9 August 2012

Stay here one nite was supposed to be three. but just couldnt take it .. the rooms were hot, batrroms nasty sheets on the bed were very old. and the front desk staff was very good at texting and ignoring customers right infront of them.. The place smelt like top raman .. had to go... couldnt take any more...

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank Roy P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed 23 April 2012

We stayed at this hotel one night so that we could take the trolly to Six flags. Once we drove up I immediately thought the pictures seen online are VERY deceiving!! The rooms were okay and the breakfast was good but it's very run down and noisy!!! It is very much worth paying the extra $20 or $30 to stay at the holiday inn or hyatt!! They are all in the same area and have access to the Six Flags trolly. I would never stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank SouthernKris2012

Travellers are raving about these Dallas hotels

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 26 October 2011

My husband and I stay at various motels/hotels on our frequent road trips and this Motel 6 has to be one of the worst!! We have stayed in several Motel 6 and Studio 6 's where some have been better than others because of minor problems such as lack of soap or whatever but here is my take on this $60.00 room (not at all worth it!).

When we got there at about 9:00 pm, the guy behind the counter was very courteous and helpful (over the phone and in person) and let us in the room promptly. I told him thank you a couple of times. As we went down the hallway, there was a very strong incense smell. The carpet was worn and the room looked OK until I used the sink. The whole faucet unit was broken and wiggled a full inch when turned on or off. The TV was very blurry and off-color and looked as if it was about to go out. Then, I discovered a HUGE wet spot by my bedside table that I stepped in a couple of times...YUCK!

I told the front desk about these problems and also filled out their comment card. They have yet to contact me. I would expect this from a $20-$30 motel but not at $60. Shame on them for letting out a room like this!!

Room Tip: Just don't stay at this place!!
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank runningcow
Lakewood Ranch, Florida
Reviewed 13 October 2011

I have stayed at various Motel 6 during this year because of 2 road trips around the states. I can say this is one of the worst kept up. The room was 'clean' if we can call it like that, but it smelled too much of cigarettes.So much that my boyfriend ended up with allergies. Also, the sink was stained with what it looked like hair dye. There were also a numerous amount of 'shady people'.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed 18 June 2011

I went in to inquire if they had any accessible rooms available and the receptionist, told me that the owner does not allow anyone to use the accessible room. He said he has no authority to make decisions on that room and it would get him in trouble. I asked if I could speak to the manager to explain the situation that I needed an accessible room and he said the room he was booking me in would be fine for a wheelchair. He said the rooms were really big. The width of my girlfriend’s wheelchair is 23 inches so it is a pretty small wheelchair. Unfortunately, my girlfriend could not fit through the bathroom door.
Therefore, I went back to the front desk to please ask if we could have the accessible room or a refund. The receptionist said he could not change rooms because we had already been inside of room 114. We were in room 114 for maybe three minutes. After telling the receptionist that we either needed an accessible room or a refund he refused both. He got very angry at us. I kept asking politely to speak to the manager in which he refused. Finally, after comments from the receptionist like “I can’t give this room out because disabled people tear it up and the boss does not want anyone staying in it. The last time an elderly man stayed in it he wet the bed.” Later he said, “ok, I’ll call my boss but he’s not going to like this. I mean she is in a wheelchair so technically she does qualify.” He called his boss(but he did not dial any numbers, he just picked up the phone) and said the boss said we could stay in the room but he would have to charge us $5.75 extra. I asked for the phone to talk to the manager but the receptionists refused to let me. I told him that it’s unfair to charge us extra, try to deny us a room, and not give us a refund because my girlfriend is in a wheelchair. He was very angry with me. Since I could not get a refund, which is what I really wanted because of how horrible he made us feel, because we were so tired we paid the extra $5.75. I decided not to press the issue any farther because the receptionist was getting very angry. I never raised my voice. I decided I would call Motel 6’s corporate number. They told me he would forward the complaint on and then they would contact me by mail in 15 days. While on the phone with corporate, Receptionist and another customer got into an intense argument in which the police were called. After the police situation, the receptionists called my room and threatened me by telling me if I called corporate he would deny everything and told me we were lucky he let us stay in the room. Just not good people. Very shady.

Room Tip: Please go somewhere else
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank taddugan2002
Waco, Texas
Reviewed 4 May 2011

My friend and I stayed at this location on Monday night, May 2, 2011. As we were leaving to check-out we received a phone call from the room phone from the "manager" frantically informing us to stay inside of our room and that there was a man outside claiming we stole his wallet. The "manager" proceeded to throughly frighten my friend and myself by telling us that if we didn't either return the wallet or knock on the door and tell this "man" that we didn't have it, the man would come into our room, rape and kill us. Needless to say, we were panicked and scared for our lives. We hadn't spoken to anyone that night, let alone take anyone's wallet. The "manager" was yelling that the man would kill us, repeatedly and asked if we could defend ourselves, the whole 9 yards. I wish I was merely making this up, as it was unbelievably traumatic. He informed that he had already called the cops, but my roommate decided to call herself, as the man on the line, though he had the same accent as the man I had spoke to at the front desk the night prior, I was unsure if it was him at all. He kept asking for us to beat on the door and ask the man to leave, but I refused as he'd just informed that the man had a gun. Why would I go to door? He then proceeded to tell that if we wouldn't comply he would give the man the key to our room so he could rape and kill us. I was beyond frightened, but a part of me was confounded as I didn't hear any commotion outside, yet I wanted to be safe rather than sorry and my friend and I hid in the bathroom speaking to the 911 operator. The police arrived evacuated us to the front, yet to our surprise no one else was under the same distress. A team of officers checked the motel, but nothing or no one was found. And oddly the cops never officially took down our story, but merely offered that the hotel was known for a lot of prostitution and drug trafficking, and that perhaps the hotel was attempting to run a scam, but there wasn't more to be investigated. And strange enough, a manager wasn't offered to speak to us, or anything of the like. My friend and I were thoroughly afraid. And I felt little was done to alleviate the distress we went through. I'm assuming they didn't understand the severity of the call we received, but I would have hoped more could have done. Don't stay at this hotel. I'm not sure what they're running there, but something was very fishy. I will be contacting their corporate headquarters, along with the BBB as a lot of things aren't adding up with this situation. And unlike the cop, I don't think this was just some random call from anywhere in the world. Thanks.

Room Tip: Don't.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
5 Thank pasiap
Louisiana
Reviewed 2 August 2010

Next time I'll pay the $30+ for Holiday Inn across the street.

• Stayed May 2011