“Business trip”

GreenLeadersGold level
Sierra Madre, United States
“Business trip”
Reviewed 26 June 2013

Very good location (close to Federal Courthouse where I worked). Good friendly staff except for concierge who was on the phone in the day time and continued talking on the phone and could not care less about a hotel guest waiting simply to get a walking map from him. He did not seem to be impressed with a guest who wanted to walk two miles rather than using a cab.

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

ldakis, Executive Assistant at Omni Dallas Hotel, responded to this review, 2 July 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding the Omni Dallas Hotel. I have forwarded your comments to our Director of Guest Services, as it is only through the feedback we receive that we can consistently improve our services to valued guests. We hope that you will choose to stay with us again, and we can make your next stay more pleasant.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (632)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Krakow, Poland
Reviewed 26 June 2013

By far the best hotel in Dallas, I have stayed at many other hotels in Dallas, this one by far exceeded my expectations. The staff were super friendly and super nice. Rooms were clean and modern. Amazing!!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for your review of the Omni Dallas Hotel. We are thrilled to hear that we exceeded your expectations and you had such a positive experience during your stay. Please come back and see us again soon.
Frisco, United States
Reviewed 25 June 2013

Overall Excellent service and the Hotel appearance was superb. The only issue I incurred was the toilet did not flush well and backed up. The price of the hotel was in line with the type of services and the quality of the hotel. The employees were very courteous and willing to help with questions etc.

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for your review of the Omni Dallas Hotel. We love hearing compliments about our staff, and we are happy to hear that they were so helpful to you. Please come back and see us again soon!
Gordon, Texas
Reviewed 25 June 2013

Beautiful hotel with excellent amenities. Sophisticated is a good word to describe it. Loved the TV inset in the bathroom mirror. Super comfy bed/pillows but smallish size room. Sports bar was fun and packed on a Saturday night. Great location to all things in downtown D. Valet parking is high, as it is everywhere in downtown. Only negative was the hotel car service was outrageous for a 3 block ride (high heels and late arrival for a wedding limited the ability to just walk). Much cheaper option would have been to take a taxi.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your review of the Omni Dallas Hotel. We are happy to hear that you were able to enjoy our amenities and our sports bar. We hope that you will come back and stay with us again.
Edmond, United States
Reviewed 25 June 2013

The most romantic getaway you could have. Texas Spice restaurant a must for the view of Downtown while enjoying wonderful food. The view of downtown Dallas from our 13th floor room was breath taking. the Exercise facility is wonderful with a great view of the city as well. Overall perfect experience. This was our second time to stay here..but won't be our last..

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for your review of the Omni Dallas Hotel. We are so happy that you were able to enjoy the spectacular views our hotel offers and some of our amenities. Please come back and see us soon.
Waco, United States
Reviewed 25 June 2013

This hotel has left a lasting impression on me. I purchased a top floor room with a downtown view for a weekend getaway with my girlfriend and the staff went out of their way to make it great. We were sent a complimentary bottle of wine and cheese platter with a hand written note wishing us a great weekend. The rooms were clean and the amenities were amazing. We spent alot of the time at the rooftop terrace enjoying the infiniti pool and bar. We will definitely be returning very soon. Thank you so much to the staff of the Dallas Omni Hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for your kind words regarding the Omni Dallas Hotel. We are so happy that you were able experience the rooftop terrace and enjoy your weekend getaway with us. We hope that whenever your travels bring you back to Dallas, you will choose to stay with us.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Where do I start? I've been to my fair share of hotels and this one is by far, the BEST one I have been to. I stayed June 21-23, 2013 for a weekend trip to visit family and friends and let me just say, the look sells itself!

My boyfriend gets a government discount we didn't know Omni offered (he is a police officer), so we got a premier room with 2 queen beds and a panoramic view for a very good deal directly from the Omni website. I requested the highest floor available with an excellent view and they delivered! We arrived around 11pm Friday night to no line at check-in. A really tall, nice man named John assisted us and got us checked in rather quickly. The lobby has such a beautiful ambience I was drawn to the design of the place. The hotel has a very pleasant smell throughout. We arrived to our top floor room (Room 2327) which to had an incredible view! When we booked online thru Omni hotel website, we joined their loyalty club which was free. I'm glad we did because when we got in, we were greeted to free bottled water and vouchers for 2 refreshments each morning, a morning paper, and other perks like free shoe shine and 2 free iron pressing (we didn't use them all but it was nice to know it was there), The room smelled fresh and to our surprise it had a tv in the bathroom mirror! Also, the front TV had a nice greeting saying welcome and our name. It was so spacious too! We enjoyed the fitness center. It is nicer than some other ones we have seen. Also, the pool is a bit small and it was packed this past weekend so we bypassed that, but nonetheless beautiful.

I took away one star because I wasn't too pleased with the room service. I requested extra water glasses and we had to call 3 times before we got them. Also, the amazon movie feature wasn't working right and we requested a technician that never showed up. But, the checkout girl, I forget her name, was really nice and she fixed a couple of billing errors with regard to the parking and she was very friendly. The service would have merited 3 stars but the hotel as a whole just looks so gosh darn beautiful I bumped it up to 4! The mediocre service was overlooked cuz they were silly minor things. But I was able to entertain my guests (father, sister, and friend) very nicely. Speaking of which, Papa Johns does deliver to this hotel, just FYI.

This place was a winner in my book. You just have to call a couple of times for minor things you may need.

Room Tip: They were really good with giving me my preference in room type. I wanted a view and top floor and...