“Omni Dallas”

Omni Dallas Hotel
Ranked #5 of 206 Hotels in Dallas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 18 December 2013

Great place, great location, well decorated and clean. We were there for a fencing tournament in the convention center, so it was the most convenient hotel to the center. The rooms were very nice, the lobby area was lovely as well. Overall a great experience!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 18 December 2013

The rooms are spectacular. Nice amenities like a TV embedded in the bathroom mirror. Very comfortable bed. Great floor to ceiling view of downtown Dallas. Long walk to convention center but all indoors and clean. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 December 2013

This is an amazing hotel. We were there for a competition in the adjoining convention center. The hotel is new, gorgorgous, and high end. The rooms were large enough. The bathrooms were very clean and modern. There was a great restaurant in the lobby, Texas Spice, where we ate 8 times and it was wonderful. It has a separate gluten free section which was amazing. I found all the staff at the hotel to be extremely helpful. Love the hotel. Can't wait to go back. There is a lovely outdoor pool area that we couldn't really use because it was way too cold

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 December 2013

The Omni in Dallas gets a definite A+ from me. My stay at the hotel was absolutely wonderful & the staff was superb. Would definitely stay here again. Texas Spice is a great restaurant with great service. Owner's Box could use some minor improvements, but overall it was a great experience & the best I have had in a long time.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 December 2013

Any time I'm up in Dallas to see the Cowboys play, I like to stay at this Omni Hotel. It is just a few minutes from the stadium while still being in downtown Dallas. The rooms are big with great views of the city and parks. The food here is excellent too, so I don't have to go far for breakfast or a quick meal before heading out.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 December 2013

We stayed at the Omni for a sporting event at the Convention Center and found it to be an incredible improvement from having to stay at other hotels further away. We only had a few bumps at the Omni and almost all were resolved above our expectations
Check in: We were warmly and promptly greeted and given our request for a high floor. Unfortunately it was next to an elevator and Ice room. As a light sleeper, I prefer to be at the end of halls for less foot traffic. The front desk clerk was happy to accommodate my room change request and I was very happy with my room on the 20th floor towards the end of the hall.
As a member of their loyalty program I received welcome gifts and free Wi-Fi. That was awesome. The hotel is only a couple of years old. The room was spacious with two comfortable queen beds and cozy bedding. The HVAC was quiet and worked well, though I can never figure out how to program them. There was a fridge in the room, also completely silent and working well. The bathroom was very spacious with large tub/shower and nice amenities (lighted magnified mirror, really good one).
I was surprised that such a newly build hotel did not have more outlets or even USB chargers. The clock radio was supposed to support iPhone, but it didn't really work for me, though a nice idea. I received a message from the front desk - to be sure I liked my new room. Nice.
Unfortunately what I didn't' check (and wasn't' discussed at check in, but should have been), was how long my stay was. It was for two nights, but the little card with the room number I received had only one. I only figured out it was wrong when I received the invoice under my door the next morning. I went to the desk to resolve the issue and had to show them my confirmation email saying two night (good thing I had it, but a bit annoying it came to that). After getting help from a manager, it was resolved. However, unbeknownst to me, somehow $15 a night was added to my room (the wrong invoice under my door with only one night showed the room $15 less than what I was actually charged). I tried to explain at checkout, but was told I had a room with a view for $15/night. interesting - I was only in the room to sleep and didn't really care about a view (I care about quiet and comfort).
We ate at the owners box and were served very raw, double cheeseburgers, when we expected just a regular cheeseburger, but should have been suspicious when we were not asked how we like them cooked. However, both the server and the manager immediately apologized, changed our order, and comped our meal. The chicken quesadilla was delicious and we appreciated the hospitality.
The lobby is pleasantly decorated and we really loved relaxing by the lobby bar with the fire going.
We used the skywalk to get to the convention center and were happy not to deal with cabs, waiting or cold.
Since we were part of a group we had very reasonable rates, so that is also a factor.
Overall we were very pleased with our stay and would definitely stay there again, especially if we need to be at the convention center.

Room Tip: away from the elevators - if view of the city important, you will pay more for it, so I don't th...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank familytraveler11
Reviewed 16 December 2013

We were very impressed with this hotel. The lobby, corridors, rooms, etc. were all quite beautiful and exceptionally clean. The room was nice & large with a good view although I'd recommend asking for an odd-numbered room so your view is of downtown and not looking back down the interstate. Be forewarned that there are no vending machines in the hotel meaning that once the little coffee shop in the lobby closes (which is rather early at 9 PM) your only options are room service or walking around downtown. The TV built into the bathroom mirror was a neat touch. The only downside, and it's a major one, was that the bed was terrible. We have a memory foam mattress at home so maybe we are biased but we both woke up with significant back pain. On the upside the room was quiet and the curtains were able to block out the light well.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple