“Dishonest Front Desk Staff”
Review of Omni Dallas Hotel

Omni Dallas Hotel
Ranked #4 of 203 Hotels in Dallas
GreenLeadersGold level
Dallas, United States
“Dishonest Front Desk Staff”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

The hotel lobby is very attractive and I was looking forward to my stay. My room was not ready and the front desk staff offered me an "upgrade" to a junior suite with a queen bed rather than the kng on my reservation. My upgrade was to a living room of a suite with a murphy bed, which was a full size. The bed was terrible. I got a very poor night's sleep. Be very careful about what the front desk says and the reality of your room at this property.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Stephen S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (615)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Houston, United States
Reviewed 3 May 2014

The finest Omni I've ever stayed at! Wonderful hotel and located adjacent to the Dallas Convention Center. Amazing staff - friendly, polite and courteous. Outstanding room and phenomenal pool! Excellent food at the hotel restaurants.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Stayed in a panoramic room. Great view of the skyline. Comfortable seating/laying couch. Room was amazing! Wish the TV was more centered for better viewing, however not much TV was watched. I would def stay there again and plan on it very soon!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo

Dallas, United States
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Love the Omni Dallas, gorgeous Suites and you can't beat Bobs Steakhouse. We went for our anniversary and upgraded to the two room suite with floor to ceiling windows throughout the entire place. LOVED IT! Sports bar great for games and patio time, but for food I'd head to Bob's or Texas Spice (great buffet)

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

San Antonio, United States
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Awesome stay at the Dallas Omni Hotel. Each staff member I encountered was courteous, helpful and kind. My business was valued. The comfort and availability of service was excellent and consistent. Wonderful price for this 4 star hotel!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends

Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 2 May 2014

I was only here for one night on a business trip. There was a lot of construction around the property so it was a little difficult to actually get to the front of the hotel. Pulling in there are several clearly marked aisles for traffic (valet, taxi etc...) but it was still kind of mayhem out there. That could have been a little better organized in my opinion. It was very easy to accidentally get in the wrong lane and get stuck there. I was relatively early arriving, but they checked me in & let me know that they would give me a call when my room was ready. I checked my bags with the bell stand and went in search of food. One thing I really liked was that once you got the call that your room was ready, you just grabbed your key envelope off the wall instead of having to wait in line again to get it. I appreciated that. The wait for a room was shorter than the amount of time it took me to eat. The room itself was nice & clean. The layout was very crisp & sleek. The window was floor to ceiling so the view of down town was great. There were a ton of power outlets, all conveniently located and operational which I appreciate. The bathroom was spacious with a huge walk in shower stall. The light in the bathroom was great and there was a wall mounted & lit makeup mirror as well. I hate a hotel with horrible overhead bathroom lighting that makes me look like I haven't slept in days. Additionally, there was a TV built into the bathroom mirror. The bed was comfortable with lots of pillows and the climate control was property functioning. The one weird thing that I noted with the room was that the water from the faucet in the bathroom was cloudy and smelled like perfume/sun tan lotion. I checked multiple cups/bottles to make sure that it wasn't just residue from the container but it was the actual water.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Holly B
Manassas, VA, United States
Reviewed 2 May 2014

I recently stayed at the Omni Convention Center Hotel in Dallas and had a wonderful experience. I was able to secure a reduced rate at the hotel and the Reservations Department was very helpful with registering me for the Rewards Program which included free internet (typical), but also included a free morning beverage - what a wonderful perk! You do have the option of adding small food items at a reasonable charge and without the normal additional room service fees. The room was large and very clean. One of my favorite items was the in mirror TV in the bathroom.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business