“Conference Venue”

Omni Dallas Hotel
Ranked #5 of 212 Hotels in Dallas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Hotel was site of a financial services conference. Great venue for conference. Good food and drinks at all onsite locations. Top notch sports bar for Kentucky Derby and NBA playoffs during the stay. Area around hotel left a bit to be desired. We had a car so we could get around, but would have preferred to walk. A local friend advised us not to walk around hotel after dark and he was right. Overall I would be happy to return to this property.

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts
Write a ReviewReviews (7,370)

Reviewed 12 May 2014

I have stayed at this hotel on two occassions and have been very pleaseed with the cleaniness and friendliness of the staff. The process of checking in and out is extremely fast and the rooms are very nice.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

My husband and I chose to stay here for our 7 year wedding anniversary based on recommendations from friends of ours to come to this hotel. Our experience was positive and we will be returning to this hotel in the future.

We chose to valet our vehicle upon arrival for the first day ($28 per day, but you can park in the parking garage for free). Valet asked us if we wanted baggage assistance and we said yes, but he became distracted and forgot to notify the bell hop. We waited for a minute and then decided we would roll our own luggage in once we realized he had forgotten. The bell hop (Sergio) just inside the door immediately recognized this and came to our assistance by opening the door and taking our luggage from us to be delivered to the room.

I chose to check us in online and found this is incredibly worthwhile because I simply approached the early check in area next to the front desk and picked up our room keys. This whole process took 2 seconds and we were able to avoid standing in line to check in. The best part was I discovered that we had been granted an upgrade to a city view room, which was a great bonus to add to our anniversary vacation.

Sergio met us at the room and explained amenities of the hotel and how the rooms worked. He also made sure we had everything we needed before he left the room. He was absolutely fantastic and really made the check-in experience that much more elegant.

We checked out the scene at The Owner's Box for a drink and it is definitely the place to be on a Saturday night. Very neat set up and we visited this location twice during our stay. Next time I will be sure to order food, but we were in and out this time as we had other plans to attend to that day.

Sunday afternoon we laid out by the rooftop pool and enjoyed the pool side grill. I ordered the Kale Caesar Salad. I love kale, so I was not disappointed in the meal. The only downside here was the winds were sustained at 24 mph and it became challenging to enjoy the pool because we were busy chasing our belongings around. We opted to call in early and I stopped by the spa to see about getting in for a pedicure. I wasn't sure I would be able to get in as it was mother's day, but they were able to work me in immediately and I walked away with a fresh new coat of toe nail polish.

On Sunday night we stopped by Texas Spice for a night cap and we were treated to the best Old Fashioned I've ever had at a bar. My only regret is I cannot for the life of me remember the name of the bartender who made it.

The Omni in downtown Dallas is now an absolute favorite of mine, and I chose to become a select member for future stays. We will absolutely be returning to this hotel in the future.

Room Tip: You will have to pay a little more, but the city view offers a spectacular view of downtown Dallas t...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 May 2014

This is an excellent hotel with lots of amenities. Rooms were very nice and there is complimentary car service within a two mile radius of the hotel. The bathroom includes a TV and a walk in shower. There is self parking under ground. Every one was helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 May 2014

We chose to stay at the Omni based on online reviews. Somehow we decided to go with Valet Parking since there was a lot going on and it just seemed a lot more convenient to drop of your car. The people who are in charge of valet parking are very friendly and helpful. (Simply make sure you dont drop off or pick up your car when they have a big party leaving/arriving). The front staff was extremely friendly and helpful, especially Hunter, Amos, Zar and Laura. I've rarely come across such good front desk service. You felt very welcomed and well taken care of. Check-in was quick. The room had a good size and a nice design. Bathroom was clean.

Another highlight is the breakfast at the texan grill, the staff is very friendly and professional. The buffet is simply perfect and if you have a gluten intolerance there is a whole shelve with gluten free bread, cupcakes etc.

The only issue we had whilst we were staying there was housekeeping, certain shelfs had a lot of dust and one of the bedside lamps didnt work. The main sheet was not put on correctly so you had your feet touching the mattrass, the halls were filled with roomservice tray leftovers (for more than a day) etc. even if you complained housekeeping didnt react. The housekeeping department really needs to step up their game.

1  Thank Picky T
Reviewed 11 May 2014

This one is just ok. Parking does suck. Room service is ok, food ok. All the Omni's should take note of the food at Barton Creek Resort especially the breakfast. My main complaint was they brought be cream with coffee and it was actually chunky, eeww.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Laura was excellent! We told her it was my daughters 16th birthday and she had the valet call her by name as he opened the car door. He also said "Happy Birthday". Laura met her at the curb with 3 long stem roses and welcomed her personally to the hotel. The rest of the hotel staff was great too! Bed were comfortable and the pool is awesome. The pool does need more seating areas though. Better get a chair reserved by 9 AM or prepare to sit on the concrete. Service is impeccable!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family