“Incredible STAY!”

GreenLeadersGold level
Dallas, Texas
“Incredible STAY!”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Whether you are in town for a meeting or an overnight event, CHOOSE OMNI! This place is great! The staff is super-friendly, the rooms are spacious and beds are extremely confortable. Don't miss out an opportunity to dine at Bob's Chophouse and brunch at their Texas' themed restaurant! If you are there for the summer, the infinity pool is the place to be with price-to-sell drinks that taste incredibly great!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (614)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
providence

Cool lobby bar – Check
Organic local hip restaurant – check
Shiny chandelier and hip lobby furniture – check
Mint aromatherapy infusers – check
Totally unprofessional hotel management – check

This hotel has all the trappings of a five star experience, except for the only thing that ever makes one five star, which is superior service. I will make this short, but basically I was booked for a large convention, where my company had at least ten people staying at the hotel and probably spend over $100k for our booth, travel, etc. The selling point to staying here is that is connected to the convention center, so it was supposed to be super convenient to go to and from meetings, meals, etc. Anyway, upon check in I was told that my reservation had me checking in the previous night. No big deal right, worse case charge me for the lost night, as our booking person had my arrival date wrong. Well guess what they did charge me, then cancelled my reservation and gave it to someone else, for the next two sold out nights. Anyway, they were totally not sympathetic and didn’t even offer to help me find another hotel. I asked for the highest ranking manager on duty, who the front desk manager informed me she was. Really on a Sunday night at an oversold five star hotel, the most senior person on staff also checks people in to their rooms at the front desk? I swear you get better service at the YMCA check in desk. Anyway, after half heartily offering to book me in a hotel 2.5 miles away, I left the front desk to book one on my phone.

When I arrived at the Sheraton, I left a voicemail for the GM and received a call back the next day from his assistant. He was apparently travelling in Europe on business and would follow up with me when he returned. I guess Europe does't have phone service or internet to check on pressing customer issues! She did refund my one night, but I never heard back from the GM, even after leaving additional voicemails. I guess bad service starts at the top! The next two days, I had to take cabs to and from the hotel, lug boxes back and forth and sit in the lobby and come back to meet clients for dinner. Not convenient at all. Glad this convention is moved for next year and I will lobby not to have additional ones held here in the future for any industry trade shows.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank kingatom
Bri B, Manager at Omni Dallas Hotel, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Thank you so much for sharing your experience in regards to your March (attempted) stay. Please accept my sincerest apology in regards to how we handled the situation. There is no excuse for the unsympathetic response you received from our team during your efforts to check-in. Here at Omni, we do pride ourselves in our Guest Services, and I am so sorry this was not conveyed to you. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me, via message, in order for us to discuss this matter further, off line. Thank You.
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We enjoyed a lovely getaway in downtown Dallas at the Omni! My hubby needed to be in Fort Worth for business and was flying in late the night before to Love Field. Hotels in downtown Fort Worth were almost double the cost as downtown Dallas so we chose the Omni because of its proximity to the train to Fort Worth. 2 block walk and a $5 ride on the TRE. Our room had an incredible view of downtown and the room was immaculate. Very impressed with Omni. The only imperfection on our stay was that we are new Omni Select Guest club members and registered our preferences online ahead of time (no feather pillows, quiet room, etc.) and none of those preferences were acknowledged. A disappointment but we didn't let it affect our stay. We had dinner at Bob's steakhouse and it was one of the best dining experiences we've ever had. Our server Jennifer was incredible! The rooftop pool, hot tub and bar were gorgeous. Beautiful at sunset. Really enjoyed our time there. Would definitely recommend this hotel and would stay here again!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

United States
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We love staying at the Omni! They have the most friendly staff! They give you a 'welcome home' feeling every time you enter their doors. We will definitely be back. Also, the restaurants are wonderful. The food & service is outstanding. It is also a very convenient location to downtown.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Bri B, Manager at Omni Dallas Hotel, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
“Feeling at Home” is the best compliment we could ever receive from our guest. Thank you for not only acknowleding our friendly staff, but our restaurants too. It was our absolute pleasure to host you!
Atlanta, United States
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Extremeley helpful staff made me feel appreciated. The room I was in was very quiet, extremely clean and wonderfully comfortable. Other hotel accommodations are top notch, with excellent meeting rooms and indoor connections to the Convention Center. I ate at three Hotel Restaurants and all were best in class -- but Bob's deserves special mention. A delightlful place to stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

LAKE CHARLES, United States
Reviewed 9 June 2014

would def stay in hotel again, pool was amazing, construction going on around hotel, staff was very nice, walking distance from a few different resturants- Texas Spice for breakfast had a great buffet.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Memphis, United States
Reviewed 9 June 2014

The pool was glamorous, the staff were very friendly and accommodating, and it was hard to leave that comfortable bed. I really liked how the hotel was filled with art from local artists. Also it Omni Dallas is a short walk to almost anywhere in Downtown. Go to the concierge for a recommendation and he will most likely give you some coupon or card for a free something at a restaurant.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo