“High end customer service”
Review of Omni Dallas Hotel

Omni Dallas Hotel
Ranked #5 of 204 Hotels in Dallas
GreenLeadersGold level
Plano, Texas
“High end customer service”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stayed at the Omni in Downtown Dallas for birthday celebration and a convention. The restaurant menu offered delicious Southwestern cuisine. Being that the hotel is a couple of years old, the decor is modern contemporary and very beautiful. The service was absolutely impeccable from the valet to the front desk to the bellmen to the restaurant servers to the housekeeping to the room service. By the way, the pool overlooking the park was relaxing and pleasant and there is quality top-notch equipment in the workout facility. We're looking forward to our next trip to Dallas and will try out the spa, too. We highly recommend staying at the Omni if you're visiting Dallas.

Room Tip: Absolutely beautifully decorated hotel - fun to walk around and admire the lobby.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank HappyCouple301
Bri B, Manager at Omni Dallas Hotel, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Thank you, tremendously, for sharing your incredible experience spent with us! What we enjoy even more than providing this wonderful guest service, is hearing that guests, such as yourself, appreciate it. Thank you so much for recognizing our efforts. I too agree that you should try out our Mokara Spa during your next visit. It would be my pleasure to assist; message me at any time to make this happen. :)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (632)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Indiana
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Our group stayed here during the NDA Nationals All-Star Cheer and Dance competition. Chosen specifically for the proximity to the Convention Center and the ease of everything being connected through enclosed walkways. We really enjoyed the rooms: comfortable beds, hot water, nice decor and quiet. Beautiful pool area didn't disappoint. We enjoyed the atmosphere on the outside terraces and sitting by the fire tables after dinner. The concierge arranged a car for us to take us to dinner after suggesting a few locations. The hotel is within walking distance of the Book Depository and the Memorial and the historic district. I look forward to returning here again!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Everyone was nice and friendly stay on 24 floor with city view. We ate at both restaurants, if you wanting beer go to the sport bar, the bar tender in lobby is lil rude. Then we ate at the steak house. Ooo dear that was delicious. The Rooms clean and cozy you will never close curtin. Room lights are operated by the room key, there is a tv inside the mirror of restroom. Differently try this one we love to stay downtown. Try on expida for a better rate and book the day of for the best rate!

• Stayed August 2014
Dallas, United States
Reviewed 5 August 2014

The Omni Dallas is a beautiful hotel in an ideal location, but neither the beauty nor the location make up for the dismal service. Service is what distinguishes good hotels from great hotels. To say the service left a lot to be desired is a gross understatement. If quality service is important to you, stay some place else.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends

Bri B, Manager at Omni Dallas Hotel, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Although I do not know any specifics from your stay to properly address, please do know we are genuinely sorry for the lack or service you had received. Here at Omni, we do pride ourselves in Guest Service, and I am so sorry this level of service was not shown to you. If you would like to discuss your stay further, please do not hesitate to message me. It would be our pleasure to invite you back!
Duncanville, United States
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I always stay at The W for special events but I have had a change of heart after staying in your hotel...I would say the only thing that could be better is the valet not that those guys wasnt doing their jobs I think that a better system could be put in play to make things run smoother.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dallas, United States
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I stayed here for a convention and found the service lacking. For a hotel connected to the convention center, it should not be making excuses for being full. I preregistered and requested no feather pillows and all I had was feathers. They said they gave out all the others. I spent the entire conference with red eyes and sleeping on my airport neck pillow. The maid service was severely lacking and always late. They didn't even take out the trash the first day! We never received our complementary paper and were given 2 glasses and 2 coffee cups for 4 people.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business

Pottsboro, Texas, United States
Reviewed 4 August 2014

The hotel was nice but no one greeted us or offered to help with bags. We stood in line forever to check in and it was rude and rushed. We went out for the evening and upon arriving back to our room there were 2 security guards on the floor and they started questioning me like I was not supposed to be there. They asked names and all kinds of information. When asked if there was a problem they said if everything checked out then there would not be a problem. I don't know what was going on but it was rude and they were not nice at all! I could understand if I looked threatening but I am 5' 6" and only weigh 120 lbs. I am very respectable looking and own a business. I was questioned like I was a criminal and I have never in my life ever experienced something like that. I have stayed in numerous hotels in the Dallas area because I enjoy checking all of them out and I was looking forward to this stay. $250 a night for a basic room and then to be treated and interrogated like I was at a police station was something I have never experienced before. I should have chose the Magnolia instead. I went to the hotel manager and basically he just apologized for the security but never did anything to make me want to ever come back here again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends

2 Thank Shaunda T
Bri B, Manager at Omni Dallas Hotel, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
On behalf of our hotel, along with our security, let me sincerely apologize for the treatment you have received. We do have a priority to protect our guests, but not to the point of making guests feel the way you have. I truly hope this does not keep you from returning to our property, or any Omni property. If there is anything I can do to welcome you back, please message me at any time. Thank you for sharing your experience and I do hope to hear from you soon.