“Not Bad”

Ranked #111 of 201 Hotels in Dallas
Lawton, Oklahoma
“Not Bad”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

We had a very plesant experience at this hotel. From the beginning the front desk attendant was courteous and attentive. The room was clean but a bit dated. Overall for the price and location its a bargain.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Cedar Park, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

We were disappointed when we checked in because we had reserved the jacuzzi suite and it was not available. I am glad that this property is being updated but it would have been easy to let me know the room I reserved was being remodeled. The pool and hot tub were also being remodeled. The staff was friendly and helpful but if we would have known we probably would have stayed in the La Quinta up the street.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Mike O, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites I-35 / Walnut Hill, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Hello austinbiker,

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. Please accept my sincere apologies on failing to meet your expectations. We value you and your business and would like to offer you a discount for the next time you come. Please email me your information and I will look for it in our system so I can make a note for the next time you stay with us. I do hope that you give us another chance to prove our commitment to great guest satisfaction. Look forward to hearing from you.

Warm Regards,
General Manager.
Georgetown, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

The photos from the website presented differently from what we got. This is clearly an older hotel, the rooms were in need of update. The tile in the elevator were in need of repair and replacement. The bathroom floor tiles were unclean. The swimming pool and hot tub was closed due to repair. I was aware of it however it would be best to put that clearly on their website. The beds were comfortable, clean and their were plenty of towels. The bathroom (toilet, tub) were in good repair. The bathroom faucet was leaking in room 305.

The breakfast consisted of scrambled eggs, bacon, fruit, variety of breads and pastry with the usual cereals. This was satisfactory.

When we arrived, the front desk clerk wasn't very helpful in providing us with recommendations for dinner nearby. When asked for change (break a 10 dollar bill) for their vending machine, the female front desk clerk gave my teenaged child a tough time about it.

I'm sure this would be okay as an overnighter however I did feel that their website was deceptive to some degree.

Room Tip: The third floor was relatively quiet.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Kiwiatheart62
Louisburg, Kansas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

We thought this hotel was fairly nice, although you can tell it has seen better days. It appears they are in the process of re-furbishing it, but it still has that 1970's or 1980's feel to it. We stayed here as it was in close proximity to some relatives that live in Dallas, but we would probably not have chosen it otherwise. It is right off of I-35, so was convenient, but otherwise, the location seemed a little seedy and questionable. As you came off the exit ramp, there were men pan-handling at all stoplights (which these days doesn't seem to be out of the norm), but as you drove down the street to the hotel, you also see several massage parlors and gentlemen's clubs. Not the best of locations. BUT, the place was clean, we got a good night stay, and the hot breakfast the next morning was a nice start to the day.... and the price was VERY REASONABLE! We did have two rooms, and had a small issue when we walked in and the shower curtain and rod was laying in the bathtub in one of the rooms, but they promptly gave us another room while they fixed the problem, instead of making us stick around for maintenance to come. Great price, nice hotel, just wish it was in a better location.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dutt P, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites I-35 / Walnut Hill, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Hello mlkueser,

Thank you for taking the time to respond to our survey. You're feedback is greatly appreciated and thank you for your patience as we undergo our renovation. Unfortunately, we cannot do anything about our location as we can about our service and I am glad to hear your stay was great. Give us another chance in the near future and I can assure you that you will enjoy your stay even more with all the new accomodations we will provide.

Kind Regards,
Texarkana, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

This is an older hotel that is being remodeled in some areas. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Its located next to a couple of gentlemen's clubs but there was no problems from that. i probably wouldn't want to take my family there because of the clubs. The bed was pretty hard and the room was dark due to some light bulbs burned out. It however suited my purpose on this particular stay. Room was clean and quiet which is all I really wanted for this trip.

Room Tip: the room was fair for the price
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Mike O, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites I-35 / Walnut Hill, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Hello Lee S,

Thank you for taking the time to participate in our on-line survey.

I am glad to hear your stay went great! I will share this with the rest of my staff in order to reinforce our commitment to guest satisfaction. Like I have said in the past, we cannot help our location and what this area looks like but again, we are commited to provide our guests with the best service and we will do what we have to in order to surpass your expectations.

Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

The staff was very friendly and helpful. This is an older Hotel and has been refurbished but not bad at all for the price. There are numerous men's clubs in the area, and didn't see or hear any activity that may have filtered from having the "clubs" near by. There is an very clean indoor swimming pool, and there are several restaurants in the vicinity.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dutt P, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites I-35 / Walnut Hill, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Hello orutra60,

Thank you for taking the time to participate in our on-line survey.

We are in the process of renovating and some rooms look refurbished while we wait for the new furniture to arrive. Thank you for your patience during this time and I am glad to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us, we hope to have you back when we have everything new!

Kind Regards,

Russellville, Arkansas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014

It's clear this is an old hotel trying to be refurbished. The staff works hard to compensate, but the aged hotel, the location (a night club/gentlemen's club nearby), etc. makes this questionable for families. It is also located in the middle of tons of road construction. But it is a good value for the price.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family