“Very Nice, but Look for Discounts”

Residence Inn Dallas Park Central
Ranked #99 of 206 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed 10 June 2013

This is a nice place. It is very clean and we felt safe and comfortable. The breakfast is good if you get there early. As with any buffet, it gets worse with time. A nice touch is that you can get a light dinner on Mon-Wed. This is handy considering the hassle of Dallas traffic. Look for discounted rates because their rack rate is pretty high.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the expressway for a little more quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tony H

Reviewed 29 May 2013

Nice facility. We were in town for a wedding and found the staff accommodating and the room lovely. Silly as it sounds, the Texas shaped waffle iron was a big hit with everyone.The biggest downside was construction all along the freeway, which I know is outside their control. Just be aware.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank jeniniga
Reviewed 20 March 2013

I stayed here three separate times last year for a total of around 75 days. (Over 300 nights in Residence Inns in the last 2 years). Great hotel and helpful friendly staff, especially the Brandi at the front desk.

Pros: The rooms are nice and clean, great location right off of the freeway. The dinners are included and are usually decent meals.
Cons: Fitness center is tiny and lacking equipment. This Residence Inn only serves dinner 3 times a week, not 4 like every other RI. Not always the best sleep due to noisy neighbors, people using the pool after hours, and early morning maintenance.

Over all a good hotel and I'm sure I'll be staying there again.

Room Tip: Get a room on the top floor away from elevators and stairs if you want the best nights rest.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank tparnell8
Reviewed 18 March 2013

The first night i was at the hotel i was thinking this is better than the last couple places ive stayed. The pool looked nice and it was next to the hospital my son was in. First thing, the room we were in supposiably had been booked for the night we were supposed to leave. The lady in the front said stay in the room until 3 so they could move us. I couldnt sit and wait for them to call for the new room and had to leave. This was around 130. I noticed that my sons Nabi tablet was missing while i was gone so i called to have them check the room. The man told me people were already in the room and that house keeping would have it in lock and key in their room and he has no access to the area it is kept and says to call in the morning. So, i call in the morning and the lady up front says that she can give.us a key to go in the room ourselves. I send my husband and he is told someone is in the room and he cant go in. So i call again and she says shes leaving a note w house keeping and they would check again. I go to check out of the hotel and talk to the desk lady and she said housekeeping went in twice and they never found it. So that is that.I will be contacting the police and doing a report. Then while my husband was sitting in the hot tub 3 children hop in w him. They begin telling him how they urinated in the hot tub three times. How disgusting is that. I reported it to the front. He acted like he could care less. Then i check my credit card bill and see 2 changes for 250. They said thats the hold they put on all rooms for if you smoke cigarettes in the room. Um, i dont smoke and i dont think tying up 500$ on my credit card is right. I am not about to pay 500$ for a three night stay somewhere thank you. All i know is that the charges better be off my card, my tablet going missing will result in charges being filed against the cleaning lady, and how disgusting is it that anyone would think its appropriate to allow children to use the hot tub as their toilet and publicly announce it.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 14 March 2013

This is the second time we have stayed here. We were here four nights on this visit; 21 days on our previous trip. My wife is in a wheel chair and we have found this hotel to be a great place. We book a one bedroom unit which allows us to have guests visit us and still have a private area. We find it close to grocery stores, bookstores, drug stores, hospitals. Because of the current road construction you do want to know in advance how to arrive. But speaking of road construction, it amazes me that after I arrived I never heard construction noise.

The rooms are well equipped for an extended stay. The only difference between our two stays was that this room had a tub with a transfer seat; the previous room had roll in shower.

The bed was wonderful. The two rooms gave us two TVs allowing my wife and I to watch different programs. We like the breakfast; my wife especially enjoys the yogurt parfaits that randomly appear. I enjoy the Texas shaped waffles which I load with large blueberries and whipped cream; you could opt for strawberries or chocolate chips The staff was exceptionally friendly; we got to know many of them from our previous 21 day stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Eddie14theroad
Reviewed 24 February 2013

Very pleasant large rooms, sports court, easy parking - perfect place to use as a base for exploring downtown Dallas or staying for work in the area. The kitchen was well supplied. The freeway may be torn up in front, but you have no sense of that once you pull in to the property. Front desk staff were vey helpful.
There is no in hotel room service. The room service menu provided by Order Inn was very limited, ran out of sirloin steak and sent a chicken house salad with chicken that was dry and awful. Buy your own food to cook for yourself!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank raggazza1
Reviewed 23 February 2013

I stayed 5 nights. The rooms were nice and clean with a comfortable bed. TVs in both rooms. The staff was very good, friendly and helpful. The breakfasts were OK, I didn't care for the scrambled "eggs" probably made from powder. I raise my own chickens so maybe I'm being harsh, but I don't think so. The social hour featured only 1 kind of beer, Miller Light, and two kinds of wine, sweet red and sweet white, so if you're expecting choices, forget it. The road construction was inconvenient to say the least, but you don't hear any of it from the rooms, which is a plus. The TVs had a lot of channels that were pixellated during shows but not so with commercials, so it was probably not the hotels fault. I would defionitely recommend this hotel overall.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business