“Inadequate management”

Residence Inn Dallas Park Central
Ranked #103 of 207 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed 1 March 2014

I stayed in this hotel for business reason and close location to Medical City. We arrived late Friday and my class was going to be all day Saturday and Sunday. On Friday night we had a huge party going on somewhere over our heads with laud screaming drunken people slamming the door at so on. Called Mng on duty, she asked us if we know where the party is because she can't leave her desk ( only 1 person for whole night!) no security. The part was going on till we called again about 2 pm. No apologies and if we wouldn't ask about it nobody was going to say anything. Also I booked a nights with special deal for gas card. I had to ask every day several times to remind them about and there always was an excuse ( manager is not here ........) so finally on our check out we were given cash ( probably from the register). This is our second time to stay in Residence Inn hotels and the last one. They allowed people party without respect that somebody may be there to get a I get sleep for business next day. Would not recommend this hotel.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
DALRP, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Dallas Park Central, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Thank you so much for letting us know about your stay with us. I am truly sorry that you experienced a problem with people who were not concerned about disturbing others. We normally have a night auditor and a security officer on duty. I will check and see what happened that we did not have 2 people on that particular day. We usually have at least 2 people on duty on our desk. Please let me know if you will be returning to Dallas, and we will make sure you have a very pleasant and quiet stay with us. Thanks for your comments, Carolyn R.

Reviewed 24 January 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 2 night on our way across the country. I held out high hopes when I walked into the lobby and saw a sticker on the door saying they had a Trip Advisor Excellence Award. We got into our room and there was nothing but issues from the get go. The room and property is OLD. The rooms are dingy and there was no cookware and just a couple of utensils. The TVs froze continuously. The door from the lobby to the rooms, which is a different building, never locked. So security is a joke. I was surprised that this was still considered a Marriott property as it certainly didn't meet the standards of a Residence Inn. Quite frankly, if it wasn't for the fact I was only there 2 nights and knew I would be out for the full day that I was there, I would have switched hotels. Also, there is a lot of road construction near this hotel making it difficult to find.
In the hotel's defense...I wrote corporate complaining about this property. I received 2 very apologetic emails from the manager in which he thanked me for my letter and stating he took full responsibility for disappointing a guest. He assured me that he was going to address all the issued I mentioned and also refunded my charge card for the full stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Lynda L
DALRP, General Manager at Residence Inn Dallas Park Central, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2014

Thank you for your feedback about your stay and giving me a chance to discuss your stay with you through previous emails, as noted. We want all of our guest experiences to be great, however that was not the case this time for you and apologize for that. Again, thank you for your feedback and the opportunity try to rectify your stay with us. We hope to see you in the future for another opportunity.

Thank you!

Reviewed 20 January 2014

This is not a new property and could use some updating. It was clean & quiet and I got a good night's rest. Staff was very nice and accomodating. Kitchenette was a plus! Breakfast was mediocre, but it was complimentary. I would stay here again for a short business trip.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
DALRP, General Manager at Residence Inn Dallas Park Central, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

We appreciate your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to share your pleasant stay with us on how clean, quiet, and accomodating our hotel was during your stay. I will share your feedback with our team. We look forward to seeing you on your next short business trip.

Reviewed 7 January 2014 via mobile

The room seemed dingy and run down-- stains on the carpet, scratched/cracked/worn out chairs, deadbolt inoperable. Also, the outside door to the building was unlocked when I arrived at 1am, even though there was a sign indicating key card access was required. Overall, the hotel felt run down and I had safety concerns.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank AttorneyOnTheGo

Dear AttorneyOnTheGo,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. We strive to provide an exceptional experience to all of our guests. Unfortunately, this was not the case with you and for that I personally apologize. We value every guest and their safety. The staff and I will review your comments and make necessary changes in our daily processes to prevent any further issues in these noted areas. Again, we appreciate your feedback and sincerely apologize for your experience with us. We hope that if in our area in the future, you will consider giving us another opportunity to provide you an exceptional stay.

Charles - General Manager

Reviewed 5 January 2014

There was a mixup with my reservation and the evening desk clerk at first said there were no 2 bedroom suites available, when my reservation was for 3 of them. I explained that I really needed them as I was there with a group of 12 which included 9 special needs ladies. The clerk worked hard to find us rooms and apologized profusely that they couldn't all be in the same building. It's not a big place, so that wasn't a problem. The next thing that happened is the elevator in the 2nd building didn't work, which was a major issue for some of the ladies assigned to the third floor. Again the clerk worked hard to find another room, but there weren't any, so she gave us two one-bedroom suites for the same price as we would have paid for the other. There were issues with some keys as well, and the poor girl was running all over trying to accommodate us. I don't know her name, but she deserves a raise!
The place is showing some signs of wear, but the price is extremly reasonable for the size of suites, and the breakfast is fantastic.
Everyone we met from managers to cleaning staff to food service people friendly and courteous and treated our ladies like honored guests.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for your feedback and kind words. I am so sorry there was a mixup with your reservation, but happy the front desk staff was able to accomodate you and your group. We are glad you enjoyed our hotel and your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Dallas.

Reviewed 5 October 2013

The hotel was so nice...I wanted to stay another night. The room was great! It was like being home away from home with a refrig. and microwave and very nice kitchen area. The room was nice and large w/plenty of room to lounge and watch TV on the couch or chair. The bedroom was nice to w/ a queen sized bed that was really comfortable.
The brunch, which was free, the next morning was really good. The food was hot and plentiful w/plenty of choices. It was relaxing enjoying breakfast and a nice cup of coffee.

Room Tip: You can't get better for the price !!!!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
DALRP, Manager at Residence Inn Dallas Park Central, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2013

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments and we love to hear our guests have had a comfortable and relaxing stay with us. We truly appreciate your kind comments, and we hope to see you on your next visit.

Reviewed 1 October 2013

It had been three years since I last stayed here, and I can say that nothing much has changed, except for the welcome removal of cigarette odors. I was in a non-smoking room last time but it sure smelled like a smoking room. It made me apprehensive of rebooking here but circumstances made this the most convenient choice. Happily, the hotel's evidently taken the steps necessary to deodorize the nonsmoking rooms, so that made my stay a lot more pleasant. The front desk staff are very friendly and helpful and I had a restful couple of nights' stay. The construction in front messes up the traffic a bit but they've opened up the back gate entrance, which lets you come and go while avoiding the construction.

So, it's a basic Residence Inn, maybe a bit dated, but accommodating and it worked well for me.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo

Thank you so much for letting us know that your stay with us this year was pleasant, and that our staff was friendly and helpful during your stay. We truly appreciate your review, and hope to see you on your next visit to Dallas.