“Not happy :(”

Ranked #94 of 201 Hotels in Dallas
Houston, Texas
“Not happy :(”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

I have been staying at the residence inn off and on for almost 10 years. My daughter has a craniofacial syndrome and hwr hospital and team of Dr.s is just down the street. This hotel became a comfortable home away from home for us.
Friday night after just getting out of the hospital, my daughter had Major surgery on her skull 5 days earlier. We had a credit card confirmed reservation for well over a month. I knew the night before they weren't full because i called to check availability in case we needed to check in a day earlier. When my hubby got there.. we were waiting at the hospital, they told him they only had one room available. .A green room. Having not slept in days.. i wanted the type of room I was use to. He told me they found him a room. After picking us up and getting to the hotel. . I find out.. it's a handicapped room. The furniture was stained.. The toilet seat was way too short for the bowl and the shower spilt the pressure with the tub. The sofa bed i had planned on having myself and my daughter sleep on didnt have the mattress pad. Iwas exhausted and lost it.. If my husband didn't force me to stay there I would have grabbed my daughter and our stuff and left immediately :(
I was so disappointed. . I wanted to just have a normal one bedroom comfortable room... The kind i was used to ; (

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Apert
DALRP, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Dallas Park Central, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Thank you so much for your comments. We are so sorry for your disappointing stay with us and we would like to offer you a complimentary stay on your next visit to Dallas. Since you have stayed with us for 10 years, I hope you will forgive us this time. We will make sure your next stay is as comfortable as you remember. Please give me a call and I will make the reservation for you personally. Thanks for letting us know, Carolyn R.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
College Station, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

Well I stayed here on a business trip thankfully it was only three days and without the family. Late in the evening after the air freshener wore off from the cleaning lady is when I was able to smell urine. I'm a pet owner and do like the travel with my pets but it seems someone's pet use this room frequently. Only because I was alone I dreadfully tolerated the condition and truly despise this kind of confrontation with hotel management. The staff was pleasant, sheets and linens were clean, and the room was quiet. This particular room needed attention to the shower curtain as it was nearly falling off, chewed up curtain, and a wobbly toilet seat. This rooms white glove as a dusty gray hue for sure. I'll still frequent Marriotts but I might think twice about returning to this particular one next time.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank travelerpadoc
DALRP, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Dallas Park Central, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Thank you so much for taking time to let us know about the conditions in this particular suite. We appreciate our guests letting us know so that we may correct the situation. We have had our maintenance engineer schedule this room for a deep clean and preventive maintenance program. Please let me know if you will be returning to Dallas and we will make sure you have a very enjoyable stay with us. Thank you for your comments, Carolyn R.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

I have stayed at several Marriott properties and Residence Inns over the years and have always been impressed...until I stayed at this property. I was frankly, disappointed.

Likes: Price, extended-stay 2 bedroom 2 bathroom units with kitchens, friendly staff, sports court, pool, bbq area and an excellent breakfast.

Dislikes: cleanliness - the carpets in the hallways and common areas did not look like they were vacuumed once during the 6 days we were there, doors to the building were scuffed & dirty, cement around trash cans stained and dirty, there was a bucket in hallway catching water from a ceiling pipe leak when we arrived - it was still there when we left. Our room had doorhandles broken, chips in the tubs that had not been repaired, noticeable carpet stains, torn upholstery.

If I hadn't known this place was a Marriott, I would have never guessed it was associated with that organization - it just didn't look it or feel it. I realize its an older property, but I've stayed at some older Marriott Properties before and they have always been well maintained...and spotless. This place was neither. Not what you expect from a Marriott.

Head scratcher: We called the front desk to get a folding suitcase stand (like every hotel I've ever been to provides) and the desk clerk politely explained that while she gets that request often, their location doesn't have them. Period. She didn't know why.
Again, not what you expect from a Marriott.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Thank you so much for letting us know about the your stay at the Residence Inn. We truly appreciate our guests taking time to explain what happened during their stay. Please except our apologies for the poor conditions which you experienced. I have notified our maintenance department regarding some of the issues which you mentioned, and they will address them promptly. Please let me know if you will be returning to Dallas, and we will make sure you have a very pleasant stay. Thanks so much, Carolyn R.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

My stay here was fantastic. Once I arrived the clerk was very courteous and helpful. The room was welcoming and spacious .They also brought me a bottle of champagne , I had a couples package. But for the most part it was a great STAY...

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Rodney C
Thank you so much for all your lovely comments. We truly appreciate your letting us know that you enjoyed your stay and we helped you to have a great couples weekend. Please let us know if you will be returning to Dallas and I hope to be able to welcome you personally to the Residence Inn. Have a Wonderful Week, Carolyn R.
Mesquite, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

Me and my boyfriend got the studio room with the kitchen as part of the groupon deal. It was a great stay, very nice rooms, very clean. We had a great time and the room was very spacious for us too. Also our room had a large LG flat screen which was a plus. Basically a steal for the price.

• Stayed April 2014
Thank you so much for your great comments. We truly appreciate it when our guests enjoy their stay and let us know. We would love to welcome you back to the Residence Inn sometime in the future. I hope you both have a Wonderful Week. Thanks again, Carolyn R.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

I wanted to take my fiancé on an over night getaway away from home and decided to grab a local deal off Living Social for a one night stay.

We received a bottle of white wine at the front desk along with free parking. Other reviews complained of bad road construction but there was not any during our short and sweet stay.

We arrived to the room and we were very pleased. Studio room with a kitchenette, living room area, and a queen bed. Was perfect for the two of us. We have enjoyed this mini break and look forward to coming back again.

Ellis and Damian took care of us at the front desk and their customer service was great!

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for your great comments regarding your stay at the Residence Inn Dallas Park Central. We are so glad to hear from our guests and truly appreciate that you had a wonderful, happy stay. We would love to welcome you back again for a relaxing mini break. Thanks again, Carolyn R.
Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014

We took advantage of the Groupon special for a spring break get a way. We arrived a little later than we expected (LBJ destruction). When we arrived ,Gracie greeted promptly and pleasantly surprised us with an upgrade, from a one bedroom suite to a two bedroom suite(our daughter was elated). The beds were very comfortable. very clean and spacious. We had three large LCD tv's, so there was no fighing over channels. The hot breakfast was very good, lots of choices that all looked great and were very filling. The rooms were very quiet and even being very close to the LBJ Freeway, the road noise was minimal. The hotel is very close to many resturants and about 3 to 4 miles form the Galleria. We had a great stay and wished we could of stayed for a couple more days.

Room Tip: groupon, if its still available