“Great!”

Ranked #67 of 203 Hotels in Dallas
Munich, Germany
“Great!”
Reviewed 7 January 2013

Amazing place for a small budget! Super nice staff and complimentary car service. Breakfast is ok and free. Obviously not a 5 star hotel, but great value especially since Dallas is super expensive. The location is also fine, one can even walk to the museums and McKinney street. parking is free opposite.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank fromMUCtoDFWtoWorld
gmhyattuptown, General Manager at Hyatt House Dallas/Uptown, responded to this review, 28 March 2013
Thank you for the kind words and we are very glad you had a Great stay!! We look forward to having you stay with us next time you are in Dallas!

Jeff Jones

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 5 January 2013

I had a school conference in Dallas and picked this hotel to stay in, as the other hotel was too big and crowded. This hotel is in a good location and close to downtown. From the time of check in until the shuttle driver drove us to the station, we were treated like welcome guests. Our room was ready early, was spotless, and had everything we needed. Special mention goes to Anthony, one of the shuttle drivers who went above and beyond to get me wherever i needed to go and in a timely manner. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank shagginabit
gmhyattuptown, General Manager at Hyatt House Dallas/Uptown, responded to this review, 18 February 2013
Thank you for the great response, it is always our goal to meet and exeed our guest expectations. I amd glad we were able to do that during your stay!

Thanks
Reviewed 25 December 2012

We thought the staff was really friendly big rooms. Happy hour was really nice, good breakfast changed everyday

But was left was a bad taste when our credit card was skimmed at the location ruined our holiday as this was our first stop...

• Stayed December 2012
I am sorry to hear about your CC, please let me know if we did not get this taken care of for you.

Hawaii
Reviewed 22 November 2012

This is a very good extended stay choice. The rooms have a bedroom, living room and full kitchen to include a stove, sink, full size reffer/freezer and utensils and dishes. The location isn't the greatest but it's in walking distance of the American Airlines Arena (Dallas Mavericks, Dallas Stars). There are a few restaurants located within walking distance. Parking is in a secured facility and they have complimentary breakfast (yogurt, eggs, sausage, pancakes, coffee, cereals) and evening snacks. The front desk service was poor, couldn't check in early (1:30 PM) and was told to return in a few hours. Having just traveled five hours to get to Dallas, it wasn't looking forward to killing time. I came back at 3:00 pm (check in time) and my room STILL wasn't ready. The front desk clerk seemed to care less and spent more time chatting up a group of guys in front of me than checking me in.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank 808traveler
gmhyattuptown, General Manager at Hyatt House Dallas/Uptown, responded to this review, 14 December 2012
I am very sorry to hear you felt our staff during check in was less than accomodating. We do try our best to check our guests in early as long as we were not sold out the night before is typically the only time we have an issue with it. Please accept my appoligies about the check in process nothing worse than traveling a long way to only have your room not ready. I hope you will try us again on your next visit to Dallas.
Dallas
Reviewed 31 October 2012

The staff were great, the room was awesome, the hot tub was great! I had a great stay and loved using the shuttle too!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Carla A
gmhyattuptown, General Manager at Hyatt House Dallas/Uptown, responded to this review, 19 November 2012
So glad to hear you had a great stay!! Thank you for taking time to write a review about your stay!

Thanks again
Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed 26 October 2012

My recent stay at the Hyatt House in Dallas/Uptown was wonderful! The customer service experience was among the best I have ever received. The Manager, Jeff Jones, went out of his way to help me and then I noticed how he even helped another customer get their bags up to their room. The shuttle service was complimentary and very convenient. The rooms are comfortable, clean and well kept. The bathroom was a little smaller than I am used to, but the kitchenette was an added bonus. The daily breakfast buffet is a treat as is the evening social with drinks & appetizers. Be sure to check your bill if you did not use the parking garage as there is a $12 daily fee for parking which was accidently charged to my bill - but Grace, one of the desk clerks, "graciously" corrected the oversight. Jason, another desk clerk was very friendly & helpful, as well. I can't recommend this location enough. If you are ever in Dallas, consider staying here.

Room Tip: If available, get a room on the 4th (top) floor. If you have a car, you can park on the same your fl...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Frank S
Thank you for staying with us! I am sorry the parking fee was charged to your folio, we need to get better about asking that question during check in. As you noted if we ever do make those mistakes we will be more than happy to take care of it. We look forward to having you stay with us again on your return to Dallas.
Reviewed 17 October 2012 via mobile

Exceptional customer service and attention to detail made this weary business traveler a very happy camper. Everyone, from the GM Jeff Jones, to the front desk and housekeeping staff at this Hyatt House made my stay feel like a homecoming. Their efforts to accomodate wants and anticipate needs is 5 star caliber. I cannot express my gratitude for their efforts and hospitality enough...
I can't wait to return. (Sorry Aloft and Melrose-- they have earned my respect, loyalty and future business.)

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Evat1
I am so glad that we were able to meet and exceed your needs while stayiong with us. We look forward to your return as well!!

Thanks