“Fun Place to Stay”

GreenLeadersGold level
Tulsa, United States
“Fun Place to Stay”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

My family will stay here whenever we are traveling to Houston or have family gathering. The worker are always helpful and food and drinks are great. The hotel is close to shoping and other members of my family. so the location works for us too.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Korean first
North Richland Hills, Texas
Reviewed 28 June 2014

I have been staying at Embassy Suites for as long as I can remember because typically they are a little higher in class than comparable hotels in the same price range. However, the service and product I received while at this hotel was easily on par with that of a Motel 6 or Days Inn, and in some cases, worse.

I stayed here with one other person before heading out of town the next day and repeatedly asked the person at the front desk, both before our arrival and upon check in, for a late checkout. The person at the desk when we checked in assured us that it was noted, and we could leave at noon rather than eleven.

The next morning, we ventured down to breakfast around 10, where the line for food was outrageous, only to find scraps of eggs and cold hash browns in the waiting buffet tins. After about 30 minutes we gave up and went back upstairs to finish getting ready for the day.

I was in the shower, and the person traveling with me was getting dressed when, without warning, a housekeeper walked into our room. Thank god my roommate was wearing pants, but nevertheless the housekeeper was shocked and apologized to him. I heard him politely tell her we had requested a late check out, and she left.

After getting ready, we were about to leave when the phone rang. The manager, who's name I can not remember, was calling to say that he had been notified that there were some "rude" communications between a guest in our room and a member of the housekeeping staff, and that they were trying to keep the communications between staff and guests "friendly," so could we please comply.

I have worked in hospitality for going on 5 years now and NEVER, EVER have I heard of a manager saying something like this to a guest, much less when they didn't actually do anything wrong. We left in a huff, understandably.

In addition to the check out debacle and disappointing food, there was construction going on in the lobby that impeded most walkways. We called ahead and asked about the level of construction and they assured us we'd be fine, but we had issues navigating the chords from floor sanders and tubes for water.

Needless to say, I will NEVER be going back to this hotel unless by force.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Holly N
Management H, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas Near the Galleria, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Dear Holly,
Thank you for your patronage of Embassy Suites Dallas Galleria. I appreciate you taking the time to write your experience. Please accept my personal apology for the line at the breakfast, rude communication from manager and without warning, a housekeeper walking into your room.

There is no excuse for the situations you encountered in our hotel during your stay; I can only assure you that this experience is not indicative of our normal service standards. Please know that our policy is to provide the finest personal service and memorable dining experience for our guests. We, at the Embassy Suites Dallas Galleria constantly strive to provide our guests extraordinary service; I apologize that we failed to meet your expectations. Please rest assured that I have followed up with our housekeeping manager and the front office manager in order to prevent reoccurrence.

Ms. Holly, thank you for caring enough about our Embassy Suites to write to us. Please be assured that your comments will be used constructively and in the spirit of continuous improvement, and that we will continue to strive to establish a greater consistency of service excellence.
College Station, Texas
Reviewed 27 June 2014

I had a business trip to Dallas last week and after an internet search I decided to book at this property. Needless to say, we were not impressed. The hotel rooms look really dated and the furniture could use some updating as well. Also, when we booked the room we noticed online that the pool was set to open and when we arrived at the hotel we were told that information was incorrect. I guess next time we should call the property to validate that all of their amenities are up and running. The hotel staff is lacking to say the least in customer service. I would not recommend this property as there are several other nicer hotels in the area.

Room Tip: This property is near the Galleria in Dallas. If I stayed here again I would pick a room on a high...
Dear Juan,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us regarding your recent visit to Embassy Suites Dallas Galleria. I apologize that you did like our rooms and that you received incurrect information about pool opening. Although we had our pool closed but we provided an alternate pool for our guests which I hope you were able to enjoy. We, at the Embassy Suites Dallas Galleria constantly strive to provide our guests extraordinary service and facility; I apologize that we failed to meet your expectations.

Please rest assured that I have followed up with our team in order to prevent reoccurrence, your comments will be used constructively and in the spirit of continuous improvement, and that we will continue to strive to establish a greater consistency of service excellence.
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

I love to stay at the embassy I have stayed at a few different ones in Dallas, this was the first time I stay at this one. The hotel needs a good update the rooms for sure. The pool was out of order and the swans in the eating area thats a no go and the water was very dirty. I booked the hotel late minute because the hotel I book before was out of room. I was thinking you can never go wrong with embassy well I went wrong with this one. The room was cleaned okay but could have been better, my tub drain was backing up. I wanted a shower not a bath. And the room didn't smell fresh. It's a okay hotel but for the price I will stay somewhere different.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Brandy P
Management H, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas Near the Galleria, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear Brandy,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us regarding your recent visit to Embassy Suites Dallas –Galleria. I apologize that our updated rooms were not to your liking and our beautiful swans in the lobby swan-pool is not what you would like to see. I also wanted to apologize that you found our pool close which we did to improve our facility and guest experience. Although we had our pool closed but we provided an alternate pool for our guests which I hope you were able to enjoy.

Again, thank you for caring enough about our Embassy Suites reputation to let us know.
Texarkana, Texas
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We booked this hotel months in advance for a family vacation. We had 3 different rooms and kids looking forward to using the pool. We check in and get unpacked only to find out the pool is being resurfaced. We would have went to a new hotel but we were tired and already unpacked. They offered a shuttle to another hotel to use the pool there. We get in the shuttle to find out they don't have any car seats and we would have to use our own. Well we didn't bring our vehicle keys down and didn't want to hold up anyone so we just decided not to go to the pool. It's a huge hassle to take out our car seat, put it in their van for a trip total of 5 minutes, then have to take it out of their and put it back in our vehicle. No thanks. That's a lot of work for hardly an hours trip. And we definitely wouldn't want to do it twice. So my child was upset we would not be going to the pool. This upset me so I talked to a supervisor (the manager was not there). She offered to lower the cost of our room (and our room only..there were 3 rooms in our party) by $20 for our stay. Whatever I'll take it. Well we get our bill and it's only $10. At this point I would have been very rude and decided not to even bother them. I also want to add that we booked this hotel months in advance and was never notified the pool would be closed. I also checked the website at least a week before and there was no mention of the pool being closed. We would have went to another hotel had we known.

Another issue we had was the elevators were constantly being worked on. There was one working at all times but that makes for a 10 min elevator wait time when you're on the 6th floor. The first time they were working on it. I don't know what was wrong. The second they decided to buff the floors in one around 5pm. Why they couldn't do it at a less busy time I don't know. And it took the guy about 3 hours. And he had his cleaning supplies so far out you bumped into them trying to get to the other elevator. Then he just left with the elevator door open and the elevator out of service. Very unprofessional all around there.

Our toilet handle did not work right. You had to manually pull it back up every time.

The air conditioner in the room is a joke. We set it to 68 and it was still hot. I also talked to another guest who said he was burning up in his room and couldn't wait to get out of the hotel.

I will say that the manager's special thing every night was cool, but we really weren't in during the times: 5:30-7:30. The bartender one night was super cool and I really don't have anything bad to say about the staff. They were always really nice. The breakfast was also very good. My sister in law has stayed at numerous Embassy Suites and said this is the smallest she has ever been to.

I'm not sure how I feel about the swans. The water was dirty and they have like 2 little pools worth to swim in. Didn't really do anything for me.

It was kind of noisy as well. Even though our room is far from the door you can still hear people talking in the hall.

The gym was alright. The elliptical was physically falling apart in my hands and the headphones they give out are junk. I guess they are free so I can't really complain.

I really don't want to ever stay there again. It's nothing spectacular.

Room Tip: If you are tall avoid the double bed rooms. The ceiling is super low.
1 Thank slb1107
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide your comments and candid critique regarding Embassy Suites Dallas Galleria service and facility. Please accept my personal apology for the pool being closed and elevator wait time. As I recall discussing with you on the day of your arrival about our pool being closed I understood your disappointment so we provided other options including reduce rate in our sister hotel facility which you decline. Nevertheless I agree with you that it should not take 3 hrs to clean elevator and or the floor and no work should be perform at 3-5 pm on Sunday. Please rest assured that I have followed up with our maintenance manager in order to prevent reoccurrence and in the spirit of continuous improvement.

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed 20 June 2014

If you are looking for a business hotel, you should look elsewhere. The internet speed at this hotel is at a snails pace. When I asked for a faster option, I was tasked to call and handle the problem myself. After 45 minutes on the phone with the provider, I was advised that the hotel could increase my connection speed but that management had to approve it. Management refused to approve the increased speed. I explained that because I needed to be able to remotely access my office in order to work and because the speed of the internet offered was insufficient, I needed to find a hotel that could accommodate my needs and wanted to cancel my dates for the following night (I was already stuck paying for the night I was staying). In response, hotel management advised that if I cancelled I would be charged a $75.00 cancellation fee. To top it off, I found bugs in my bed! Do yourself a favor and find a different hotel with competent management and services that accommodate travelers.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
5 Thank JohnZ877
Dear John,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide your comments and candid critique regarding Embassy Suites Dallas Galleria Internet speed. Please accept my personal apology for internet speed that clearly did not meet your need.

I’m sorry that third party internet provider advised you that the hotel could increase connection speed. Hotel provides the highest connection speed possible to connect and operate normally should additional required to connect to your organizations system which we are unable to provide without additional cost. Nevertheless your insights are extremely valuable and I truly appreciate your feedback as it assists us in improving our level of service and process to ensure that our high standards are maintained. We certainly appreciate your choosing our hotel, and hope you will give us another opportunity to be of service to you.
Toluca woods Ca., United States
Reviewed 20 June 2014

In the future when I travel again, My first option to stay would be Embassy Suites Hotels. Because I really like and enjoyed me stay, every was excellent. Since I checked in the person in the front desk was so nice she smiled at all times and made so confortable. and really apreciate it.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business