“Nice hotel, good value”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas Near the Galleria
Ranked #44 of 206 Hotels in Dallas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 10 July 2014

We stayed in Dallas, and after fighting through traffic, this place was a very nice stay. the 5:00 buffet and drinks is so great for travelers, and the free breakfast makes this a very good value. Our suite was very nice and comfortable.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 4 July 2014

We have gotten spoiled over time. Once you are used to extra room at a hotel, you never want to go back to a smaller room.

Of course, Embassy Suites offers more than just room. You get breakfast and snacks included in your stay. We have stayed at this location many times over the years and continue to enjoy the location, the swans, and the service.

It's nice to go to a familar place that does go downhill over time but keeps up their standards.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Family wedding - we came from around the country - the location and amenities worked very well for us - we were able to congregate in the lobby and had a great time - the staff were very helpful and friendly.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Reviewed 2 July 2014

My family will stay here whenever we are traveling to Houston or have family gathering. The worker are always helpful and food and drinks are great. The hotel is close to shoping and other members of my family. so the location works for us too.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Reviewed 28 June 2014

I have been staying at Embassy Suites for as long as I can remember because typically they are a little higher in class than comparable hotels in the same price range. However, the service and product I received while at this hotel was easily on par with that of a Motel 6 or Days Inn, and in some cases, worse.

I stayed here with one other person before heading out of town the next day and repeatedly asked the person at the front desk, both before our arrival and upon check in, for a late checkout. The person at the desk when we checked in assured us that it was noted, and we could leave at noon rather than eleven.

The next morning, we ventured down to breakfast around 10, where the line for food was outrageous, only to find scraps of eggs and cold hash browns in the waiting buffet tins. After about 30 minutes we gave up and went back upstairs to finish getting ready for the day.

I was in the shower, and the person traveling with me was getting dressed when, without warning, a housekeeper walked into our room. Thank god my roommate was wearing pants, but nevertheless the housekeeper was shocked and apologized to him. I heard him politely tell her we had requested a late check out, and she left.

After getting ready, we were about to leave when the phone rang. The manager, who's name I can not remember, was calling to say that he had been notified that there were some "rude" communications between a guest in our room and a member of the housekeeping staff, and that they were trying to keep the communications between staff and guests "friendly," so could we please comply.

I have worked in hospitality for going on 5 years now and NEVER, EVER have I heard of a manager saying something like this to a guest, much less when they didn't actually do anything wrong. We left in a huff, understandably.

In addition to the check out debacle and disappointing food, there was construction going on in the lobby that impeded most walkways. We called ahead and asked about the level of construction and they assured us we'd be fine, but we had issues navigating the chords from floor sanders and tubes for water.

Needless to say, I will NEVER be going back to this hotel unless by force.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Holly N
Management H, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas Near the Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Dear Holly,
Thank you for your patronage of Embassy Suites Dallas Galleria. I appreciate you taking the time to write your experience. Please accept my personal apology for the line at the breakfast, rude communication from manager and without warning, a housekeeper walking into your room.

There is no excuse for the situations you encountered in our hotel during your stay; I can only assure you that this experience is not indicative of our normal service standards. Please know that our policy is to provide the finest personal service and memorable dining experience for our guests. We, at the Embassy Suites Dallas Galleria constantly strive to provide our guests extraordinary service; I apologize that we failed to meet your expectations. Please rest assured that I have followed up with our housekeeping manager and the front office manager in order to prevent reoccurrence.

Ms. Holly, thank you for caring enough about our Embassy Suites to write to us. Please be assured that your comments will be used constructively and in the spirit of continuous improvement, and that we will continue to strive to establish a greater consistency of service excellence.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

I had a business trip to Dallas last week and after an internet search I decided to book at this property. Needless to say, we were not impressed. The hotel rooms look really dated and the furniture could use some updating as well. Also, when we booked the room we noticed online that the pool was set to open and when we arrived at the hotel we were told that information was incorrect. I guess next time we should call the property to validate that all of their amenities are up and running. The hotel staff is lacking to say the least in customer service. I would not recommend this property as there are several other nicer hotels in the area.

Room Tip: This property is near the Galleria in Dallas. If I stayed here again I would pick a room on a high...

Dear Juan,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us regarding your recent visit to Embassy Suites Dallas Galleria. I apologize that you did like our rooms and that you received incurrect information about pool opening. Although we had our pool closed but we provided an alternate pool for our guests which I hope you were able to enjoy. We, at the Embassy Suites Dallas Galleria constantly strive to provide our guests extraordinary service and facility; I apologize that we failed to meet your expectations.

Please rest assured that I have followed up with our team in order to prevent reoccurrence, your comments will be used constructively and in the spirit of continuous improvement, and that we will continue to strive to establish a greater consistency of service excellence.

Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

I love to stay at the embassy I have stayed at a few different ones in Dallas, this was the first time I stay at this one. The hotel needs a good update the rooms for sure. The pool was out of order and the swans in the eating area thats a no go and the water was very dirty. I booked the hotel late minute because the hotel I book before was out of room. I was thinking you can never go wrong with embassy well I went wrong with this one. The room was cleaned okay but could have been better, my tub drain was backing up. I wanted a shower not a bath. And the room didn't smell fresh. It's a okay hotel but for the price I will stay somewhere different.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Brandy P
Management H, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas Near the Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear Brandy,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us regarding your recent visit to Embassy Suites Dallas –Galleria. I apologize that our updated rooms were not to your liking and our beautiful swans in the lobby swan-pool is not what you would like to see. I also wanted to apologize that you found our pool close which we did to improve our facility and guest experience. Although we had our pool closed but we provided an alternate pool for our guests which I hope you were able to enjoy.

Again, thank you for caring enough about our Embassy Suites reputation to let us know.
We certainly appreciate your choosing our hotel, and hope you will give us another opportunity to be of service to you.