“The perfect place to stay!”

HYATT house Dallas/Lincoln Park
Ranked #44 of 203 Hotels in Dallas
Louisiana
“The perfect place to stay!”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Our group of 7 stayed here while on our shopping vacation to Dallas, This Hotel is perfectly placed a few blocks from the mall which was very convenient for us since we shopped at the mall for 3 days straight. The rooms are very spacious and clean and the showerhead was awesome! We were a little disappointed in the swimming pool because the heat was out and the water was too cold to swim but the pool area was very peaceful and well kept. We did have a problem with the room keys not working but it was quickly resolved. The staff were very friendly and we were thankful for the secure parking garage. We enjoyed our stay and will stay here again.

Room Tip: We did find that some rooms are bigger and have an extra sink and dressing area.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Jeff P, General Manager at HYATT house Dallas/Lincoln Park, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Dear Kinstrsmom,

Thank you for taking time to complete a review on our property. We value your feedback and it helps us to fine tune our day-to-day operations. I apologize that the pool was cool during your stay. The outdoor pool is not heated as typically the Texas heat keeps it plenty warm. I'm sure the recent rain we had the last few weeks had a hand in the cooler water temp. Again, thanks for your visit and feedback and we hope you come try us out again and get to enjoy the pool!!

Jeff Pope

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Incline Village, Nevada, United States
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I stayed here in May when I traveled to Dallas to help my daughter move out of her dorm at SMU. I was in a one-bedroom suite, which was an upgrade - I had booked a Studio King. It had a small desk area, a sitting area, a small kitchen, and a separate bedroom with a king bed.

The bed was very comfortable. I didn't use the kitchen but I did think it was odd that the freezer did not have an ice maker (even though I think there was an indication somewhere) that it would have. As there was an ice machine on the floor, I was able to get the ice I needed but it was a bit of a walk from my room. The shower was nice and had a pretty good strength flow. The towels were fine - not too thin. There was an outdoor pool in a central courtyard - the hotel was in the shape of a circle and the courtyard/pool/BBQ area was in the center.

The complimentary breakfast was pretty standard for hotels of this type. I did see an area where it looked like you could order made-to-order omelets but I never saw anyone there so it wasn't clear - it was a bit apart from the rest of the food that was set out. There was nothing too remarkable about the breakfast. I would have liked to have seen a few more options but I was able to eat a satisfying breakfast.

I think I liked staying at the HyattPlace a few miles away a bit better but they are close enough that I would likely make my choice based on the price at the time. This location was definitely aimed at a longer term business traveler and I think it would be very nice in that situation.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
JPOPEHhLP, General Manager at HYATT house Dallas/Lincoln Park, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear TahoeMother,

Thank you for taking time to fill out a review on our property. We appreciate your time and value your feedback. We would certainly like to make any additions possible to our breakfast that you might feel would "raise the bar" a notch. As you mentioned, we currently offer made to order omelets, several choices of bread and cereal, three juice selections, milk, water, scrabbled eggs, a rotating breakfast option such as French toast/pancakes, and rotating options of meats such as bacon, sausage, and ham. Please feel free to contact me directly with any additional items that we might be able to provide. Again, thank you for your feedback and for staying with us.

General manager
jeff.pope@hyatt.com
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Stayed here for 6 nights and it was very comfortable with the in-room amenities they provide. Rooms are clean although a little worn. The breakfast is good. The made-to-order omelette station is great. You can even get an egg white omelette. Other healthy choices as well. On weekdays there is food served along with drinks for happy hour. You could easily make dinner out of what they serve if you wanted to. The appetizers are quite substantial. So basically you can get breakfast and dinner which is quite a value! The rooms are spacious and the air conditioning works well. We had a couple of minor maintenance issues which the staff addressed immediately and cheerfully. There is a daily charge for parking.

Room Tip: For a quiet room, ask to be on the opposite side of the building from the interstate and not facing...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
JPOPEHhLP, General Manager at HYATT house Dallas/Lincoln Park, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear SharonWS1982,

Thank you for the great review of our hotel! Please note that we are expected to recieve a "refresh" in November. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again very soon.

Townville
Reviewed 18 May 2014

This hotel offers spacious rooms with nice sitting areas and kitchenettes with all the appliances you would expect. The staff was very friendly and efficient. All of the public areas were very clean. The complimentary breakfast offered a nice assortment of hot and cold choices and several types of juices, milk, hot tea and coffee. There are different levels of cleaning from which to choose for the rooms: you may choose no housekeeping, refresh the towels, etc. or the full room clean. I accompanied our daughter on a business trip and we extended the trip to include the weekend. We were close to the SMU campus, restaurants, banks, Whole Foods, drugstores, etc. The evening "social hour" (Monday - Thursday evenings) provided red and white wines, two kinds of beer on draft, hot and cold hors d'oeuvres, and soft drinks. The menu changes each evening. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms on the side away from Hwy 75 are quieter but the traffic noise on the highway side is minimal.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank zapadapa
JPOPEHhLP, General Manager at HYATT house Dallas/Lincoln Park, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Dear zapadapa,

Thank you for taking time to write your recent review on our property. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon! If we can be of any special assistance on your next stay, please don't hesitate to reach out to us directly.

Georgetown, Texas
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Room is a tad stark but definitely roomy. Loved the separate bedroom and kitchen with full fridge. Front desk very helpful. Loved the gated parking garage and being able to enter the hotel from the garage. Restaurants and shops and grocery all nearby.

Room Tip: I was up high facing the freeway. Noise was not an issue
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
JPOPEHhLP, General Manager at HYATT house Dallas/Lincoln Park, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Dear KathieT35,

Thank you for your feedback. Please note that we are scheduled to receive some updated furnishings to the hotel so the rooms should have more color the next time around. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 23 March 2014

I travel frequently for business and have stayed at many hotels all over the country. I typically stay at a full-service hotel, as I like to have access to a restaurant and room service. But this time I was traveling with my wife and two teenagers and I was looking for something with a suite-like setup. I wasn't expecting much, but was pleasantly surprised by this place. It's a very nice property; high quality finishes, not cheap looking and feeling like many can be. Huge rooms with plenty of space. We had a two-bedroom suite and I was shocked at how big it was. We came and went several times, and while it is off of Central Expressway, the entrance was in the back, making for an easy in and out. Very quiet; maybe because no big groups were staying there while we were there, but we didn't hear anyone. The breakfast was great; added bonus: a chef making made-to-order omelettes. That's another feature you don't typically get with this type of property. The happy hour food was very good too; not just chips and dip but really good chicken wings (two kinds). Great location; short drive to downtown, Love Field, SMU, and NorthPark mall right next door. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Dan T
JPOPEHhLP, General Manager at HYATT house Dallas/Lincoln Park, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Dear Dan T,

Thank you for taking time to review our property. We are thrilled that your room was exactly what you guys were looking for and even more thrilled that we were able to exceed your expectations. We look forward to you visiting us again and hope to see you soon!

Kingston, Canada
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I coach competitive cheerleading and I brought 56 people to stay at Hyatt House Lincoln Park. The competition was at the Dallas Convention Center which is quite far away but staying downtown in Dallas isn't great as there is very little to do down there for teens. HHLP is a very short walking distance to the North Park Mall and the Cheesecake Factory. I could just live here! Its a very clean, nicely decorated, well staffed hotel. The suites are perfect for longer stays. Although we didn't make use of the grocery delivery that would have been a sweet option should we have needed it. The beds are very comfy, the layout of the suites well-planned, breakfast is ample, and as long as the bi-polar Dallas weather cooperates the pool is great! The only thing I wish this hotel had was a second set of elevators. If walking is an issue please ask to stay close to the corner of the complex nearest to the elevators. Next time we're in town for this competition we are definitely coming back!

Room Tip: Near the elevators if you're elderly or have young children.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Sandy H
Dear Sandy H,

Thank you for taking time to review our property. The group that you were with was outstanding and we certainly appreciate courtisy and the fun that you ladies brought to the hotel. We look forward to seeing you again next year!