“nice hotel but under renovations”

Hilton Garden Inn Dallas / Market Center
Ranked #27 of 203 Hotels in Dallas
Duluth, United States
“nice hotel but under renovations”
Reviewed 21 December 2013

the hotel was nice enough but it was noisy and smelly because of the current renovations. the room was large but outdated furniture. great location and nice staff. the HVAC was not in proper order. it was too hot even when i turned on the a/c

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

ThysJones, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dallas / Market Center, responded to this review, 23 December 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to fill out the Trip Advisor Survey. We greatly appreciate your response and I will share your comments with my staff. Our lobby renovations will be completed by January 10th. We hope to see you when your travels bring you back to Dallas. Have a great Holiday Season!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Allen, Texas, Usa
Reviewed 13 December 2013

There was construction going on during this time. I worked nights at the hospital I couldn't sleep because of the banging. Plus they didn't do my wake up call. I asked to be waken at 1730 I was late to work. This was during the ice storm. Unhappy

Dear Valued Guest,
We are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again.
tx
Reviewed 12 December 2013

This hotel is a decent place to stay in the area. Everything in the Market Hall part of Dallas seems very over priced to me. Room was large, clean, had good water pressure in the shower, lots of channels on the tv, and quiet. BUT, the hotel was very cold. The thermostat in the room showed HEAT, but it was blowing cold air. The lobby was cold too. The hallway on the 8th floor was warm and comfortable, but that was the only place in the building that wasn't cold.

We have stayed in 2 other hotels in the area and were not impressed. Will probably try another chain next time.

Lewisville, Texas
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Good location. It was real close to Methodist Hospital Dallas on Colorado Blvd. In fact without asking the young man checking us in ask if we were their for a special occasion I told him that my wife was having surgery the next early morning at Methodist Hospital on the 6th. So he gave us a discount. Which was GREAT! Thanks, Kent Ewing

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to fill out the Trip Advisor Survey. We greatly appreciate your response and I will share your comments with my staff. We hope to see you when your travels bring you back to Dallas. Have a great Holiday Season!
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 11 December 2013

Walking in from the 28 degrees outside, the lobby felt warm for a few moments. After that you begin to realize that the temperature inside is very cold. I mean blow on your hands, rub your hands together and keep your coat on, cold.

After getting my key from the service desk person that was not rude but too cool to care about being friendly, I went up to the 6th floor. The room was very nice, decorated in the fashion of most Hilton Garden Inns.

There had been an ice storm in the city so I wanted to limit my driving. I went down to the dining area to have dinner. After some mediocre dining service and a soup that became cold within minutes due to the very cold room temperature, I decide to take the rest to my room. To be fair, the food tasted great.

As I turned off the TV, I realized that traffic noise was loud. Not sirens, just heavy trucks and cars on the highway near by. After the first night, my trip was extended. To avoid the hassle of finding another hotel, I stayed one more night.

The noise was just as bad the next night. The lobby was still very cold, the waiters were still poor and the service at the front desk was still seeminlgly apathetic.

There was some construction going on, but it wasn't too bad. The price seemed lower compared to other Garden Inns so the price was attractive.

My trip in the Dallas was extended several more days but this time I decided to check out and try my luck at another hotel rather than stay any longer.

I will skip this one in the future, unless there are no other hotels available near.

Room Tip: Try to get a room in the back wing away from the highway.
Reviewed 9 December 2013

When I arrived I noticed the Hotel was under Renovations, the front desk was nice and helpful. That rooms Ac did not work but on hot, there was only a fitted sheet, no top sheet. The manager did comp my breakfast but that was all. I will not stay or recommend this hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

ThysJones, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dallas / Market Center, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Minot, ND, United States
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Construction renovations made enjoying our stay impossible. Forget working from the room or getting a toddler a nap with the terrible noise. Our first room smelled so bad I had to get a new one. Staff was evidently used to it and did not act like we should be inconvienced at all by the constant jackhammer running in the lobby.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family