“Comfortable stay - a short distance from downtown Dallas”

Hilton Garden Inn Dallas / Market Center
Ranked #27 of 203 Hotels in Dallas
New Delhi, India
“Comfortable stay - a short distance from downtown Dallas”
Reviewed 16 March 2014

I was travelling to attand a conference at Dallas and booked this place through the Conference mangers. To be honest I was a little apprehensive about the rooms and the location - and was pleasantly surprised.

The room was spacious and comfortable. The location did not prove to a problem as the hotel had shuttle service for a specified radius, which covered all nearby malls, subway stations, etc. The driver even helped us get stuff at the local Radioshack :)

The buffet breakfast was good, the staff friendly and had a homely atmosphere.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank SumitaSingh
Jeff J, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dallas / Market Center, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Thank you for the review, the Market Center area is a great little spot in Dallas. And yes the shuttle is a great benefit to have, so glad to hear my staff went above and beyond your expectations while you were here.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
San Angelo, Texas
Reviewed 14 March 2014

This hotel is in a great location, only minutes away from AA Center, downtown Dallas, and other attractions. The room was clean, and the hotel was well kept. We reported to the staff that we were unable to get the heat going in our room. The desk clerk apologized and said there were no other rooms available, so ... he comped our room! The room was noisy, though, as noted in other reviews. We hope an upcoming remodel will fix that issue because we hope to stay here again in October.

Room Tip: Maybe the back rooms wouldn't be so noisy.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Karen C
Thank you for taking time to write a review, we are glad you had a great stay! We hope you will stay with us again on your next visit to Dallas.
houston, United States
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Unconcerned hotel staff, they seemed not to care if there were any problems. They only had heated or cooled rooms, but did not notify me of the choice. Very noisy, which they said may be the outside A/C units.

1 Thank Michelle H
Jeff J, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dallas / Market Center, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
I am very sorry to hear about your experiance while staying with us. I can assure you i take these comments very seriously. We strive to make sure each guest has a great stay, you should be able to adjust the tempature in every room here on property. I will make sure our front desk is trainned properly and that the next guest will not have the same experiance that you had.
janesville, United States
Reviewed 12 March 2014

The staff was very friendly and helpful at check in, with an extremely fast and well run check in process. The entire hotel is very nice and well kept, very clean. The rooms are in very good condition, very welcoming, and spacious.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you so much for taking time to write a review, I am excited to see our staff took care of you from Check in to Check out. We look forward to staying with again next time you are in Dallas.
Helotes, Texas
Reviewed 10 March 2014

I stayed here while attending a game at the AA Center and was really impressed with everything about this hotel. It is beautiful, and the staff is first rate. The rooms are very spacious, the beds very comfortable and the shower amazing. I really can't think of anything negative to say about the place, I definitely enjoy my stay.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Jeff J, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dallas / Market Center, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to write a response. Great to hear you had as awesome stay at our hotel.
Groves, Texas
Reviewed 9 March 2014

The Hilton Garden Inn Dallas/Market Center will always remain in the shadow of its Hilton Mega-Star neighbor, the Hilton Anatole. In the same neighborhood(adjacent properties), access to all the same attractions and highways with much lower rates and noticeably fewer amenities. Major advantages include the free parking, lower room rates, a family friendly staff, and a good fitness center ( I almost cancelled the reservation based on the website photo revealing a small under-equipped facility. A quick call confirmed three treadmills, three ellipticals, and enough equipment to keep a dozen guests busy) Rush hour traffic on the frontage road and nearby Interstate 35 are only drowned out by the departing jets from nearby Dallas Love Field, perhaps less noticeable in rooms not facing the traffic. It also seems that complimentary coffee and a full menu restaurant has replaced the traditional continental breakfast. Overall good.

Room Tip: Rooms on South side (back) would be quieter
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Jeff J, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dallas / Market Center, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Thank you for taking time out to post on Trip Advisor, yes the traffic on 35 is a bit noisy and we hope that does not change your mind the next time you are in Dallas. We strive to do the little things better the other hotels. We are excited about being being next door to the Anatole and work very well them, so if there is something you would like from the spa or some of their other amenities we would be happy to call and get the rates for you.
Reviewed 8 March 2014

When I made the reservation, I expressed that I needed a handicap room for my elderly parents and one for me very close by. I called two times to confirm this and was told each time, no problem. But when I called the day of check in, handicap room was full. In the end they were able to get me a handicap room on the first floor, but there are no guest rooms on the first floor. So I had to stay on the second floor by the stairwell to go up and down. The hotel itself was fine, nothing special. But I feel like the reservation agent gave me promises which were not upheld. Watch out if you need a handicap room!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

I am sorry to hear that we over promised and under delivered. We do strive to make sure we honor all guest requests, however we do miss sometimes. Please contact me at the hotel if you would like to discuss further. I do hope that you would give us another chance on your next visit to Dallas.