“Our first stay at La Quinta”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas Love Field
Ranked #18 of 207 Hotels in Dallas
A TripAdvisor Member
Moore, Oklahoma
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Wonderful, very clean, and spacious. The bed was comfortable and we slept very well. They gave us an upgrade and the staff was courteous. I wish there had been a deep jacuzzi tub and more coffee creamer/sugar in the empty kitchen cabinet, little luxuries are always nice. However, we will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Reviewed 1 July 2014

We stayed one night.
Just off I-30W -
Pros:
a new hotel, great staff, good wi-fi, large room with large screen TV, ironing table, refrigerator, desk, washer and dryer (coins), king-size bed (too soft). Parking convenient across room. Coffee all day. Small pool in back of hotel.
Cons:
No safe in room, no amenities in bathroom except shampoo.
Breakfast:
Juice, buns, bagels, bread, scrambled eggs, pancake, melon, yogurt

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Kukiline
JCSam12, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas Love Field, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

We are glad that you had a pleasant stay with us. We are thankful for your suggestions and observations. We do provide a safe on request and some other amenities on request to avoid any kind of wastage of resources. We look forward to the opportunity to serve you again.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Flew into Dallas in January and based on my fellow traveller reviews, had planned on staying at the Love Field La Qunita. Unfortunately it was late at night and the cab driver dropped me off at the wrong La Quinta. The staff of both hotels worked together to transfer my reservation and I still had a great stay but.... Back again in April I was determined to have my 'Do Over'. This time I drove from Calgary to Dallas, the goal being to do it in 2 days. Not sure if I would make it so I didn't book a reservation. When I got to Dallas and checked the Tripadvisor site - there was no room at the Inn. Noooooooooo. But I called the desk and explained the situation and they found me a room. Nice touch. Now most La Quinta's tend to look somewhat the same - inside and out - so it takes something special to set them apart. This Inn does that - right from the minute you walk in the door. Bright and cheery, it was spotless and had a very fresh, clean smell. The desk staff were extremely friendly and the lobby area had a seating area that was full of people - the place was alive. Down the hallway to the elevator was the weight room, the laundry room and the business center - all compact but clean and a necessity for all long distance travellers. My room was on the third floor and again it was like walking into most La Quinta's but again it set itself apart from all the rest. The look and the smell when I entered the room was just incredible. It wasn't a just cleaned smell, or just refreshed smell - it was the brand new, just driven off the lot smell and the overall cleanliness that left you with the feeling that you were the first traveller to stay here. The little things - like the different pictures on the walls, the window shade, etc - gave the room personality - hard for a hotel room. And the beds ...true La Quinta beds - extremely soft and comfortable and very, very hard to get out of in the morning. Great desk for business, lots of plugs and killer wifi. One of the best flat screen TV's I've seen in awhile with a great package. All the usual little amentities - the little fridge, coffee maker , iron and board and a well stocked bathroom with lots of towels. The a/c unit was quiet and - you guessed it - clean...very, very clean. Housekeeping in this Inn was beyond reproach. The breakfast was the usual fare but once again - just a cut above the rest. I love it when you make your own road waffles - especially in Texas -but the addition of a hot breakfast - eggs and bacon - was a very nice touch. Good selection of fruit too - for later on down the road. This was a great place for the night - great bang for the buck...especially my canuck buck. Though located right next to a busy freeway - it was quiet and comfortable through out, including my room ( I stayed on the fourth floor). Voted #1 in January and still #1 when I stayed here in April I am indebited to my fellow travellers - good call..thank you.

As always I shot video of this Inn @ yolotraveller.com

Room Tip: Always stay high and away from the freeway
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank yolotraveller
Reviewed 28 June 2014

About me: 25 Year Old Female on a business trip

I was staying at another hotel in Irving (Super 8 DFW) and had to leave due to cleanliness, so I decided to book with La Quinta since they were voted #1 and am I glad I did!

I made a reservation as I was checking out of the other hotel and I checked in to La Quinta at 3:00PM. The staff was friendly and professional. I received my key and went upstairs to my room and immediately I had a smile on my face! The hallways smelled great. I passed the fitness & laundry room on my way upstairs and they were both nice. I was so happy to be out of the other hotel and walking into this one was like a breath of fresh air! I got on the elevator to go upstairs and once I put the key in the door I knew I made a good decision! The doors look like apartment doors and once you walk in there is hardwood flooring in the entry (see photos). The bathroom was great! I love the furnishings. The room itself was bright, organized, & most importantly CLEAN! I had two beds even though it was just myself so it was definitely spacious. I was overlooking the pool (the backside of the hotel), however my rental was parked on the front end. It was fine and nothing happened to it overnight. The TV is a flat screen, there is a desk w/ a desk chair as well as an extra chair for seating. There is an actual closet instead of just the sunk-in open space with hangers, an iron, and an ironing board and a bag (see photos).
I had placed my food items in the mini fridge once I got in the room, but once I went to get out my bottle of water I noticed the fridge didn't seem to be working. I called down to the desk & the gentleman came up immediately to check it out. He said he'd have to replace it so he left, and a few minutes later they called to let me know they'd be back up with another one. A few minutes after the same young gentleman from the desk was back up with a new mini fridge. He was a cool young guy and very friendly. I was very appreciative that they were so attentive in making sure I had a fridge that worked. The microwave worked fine though. There is also a TV guide which some hotels don't have so this was convenient. They even had the "Our Daily Bread" booklet which I thought was a good touch. (Depending on your personal beliefs you may not care to have it). I also had a personally written card on the counter that was from the lady who had put the room together so I thought that was nice too.
Although I always wear shower shoes when I'm in any hotel, the shower was definitely clean! It was very nice and as I stated earlier the furnishings were great! The negative that I will mention though is that the shower took about 3-5 minutes to heat up and then it took another 5 minutes to get to the very hot temp that I prefer my showers to be.
I never use hotel amenities when I'm traveling, but I actually used the laundry room as well as the business room to print my flight information to save me time at the airport. I didn't have detergent so I asked the staff and they had some to purchase. I thought it would be expensive, but it was only $1.00 per box so that was great! I got another good look at the fitness room while I was downstairs and it's definitely well kept.
The next morning I woke up early to get ready for my flight at Love Field- which is only 8 minutes away. I went downstairs to pack my car first and I saw several people eating breakfast and chatting. I DIDN'T GET A CHANCE TO EAT B/C I HAD TO HEAD TO THE AIRPORT, SO I CAN'T COMMENT ON THE FOOD, but like I said there were several people eating breakfast. I checked out and there were new staff members at the desk and they were still as professional as the staff from the previous day. OVERALL I'D DEFINITELY STAY HERE AGAIN AND I'D RECOMMEND IT TO FAMILY, FRIENDS, AND STRANGERS.

***LOCATION*** I had a GPS and I still passed the left turn after getting off the freeway. I had to make a U-Turn and come back. Once you get to the hotel which is going to be a right turn (it's a one way) DO NOT PASS the hotel b/c the street you'll be driving on is also a one-way. You can do a U-turn but this will put you in the opposite facing direction and this is also a one-way of course, and you'll end up on the first one-way street off the highway. If for whatever reason you pass it, you can go all the way back around. The streets didn't seem at all busy and it's a very short distance b/t the first U-turn area (in case you pass it) and the entrance to turn into the hotel, so read into that as you will.
There is a Burger King, McDonalds, Taco Bell (I believe), another fast food spot, two gas stations, and a Sonic (behind the McDonalds) all w/n distance of the hotel- about 3 minutes in a car. If you turn like you're about to pull up into the hotel but continue to drive down that one-way street you'll run into all of this. The Taco Bell (I believe) and the other fast food spot are next to the Burger King which you'll see once you hit the first light on your right so turn on that side street to get to those. The McDonalds is connected to a gas station PAST the bridge on your immediate right. The Sonic is past that.
I hope your stay is as good as mine and the others who have reviewed! Be sure to check out the pics I posted.

**PS: It's only a certain amount of photos I can post, but I tried to narrow it down & post the ones I figured you all would want to see. Hope they help.

Room Tip: If you want to overlook the pool and the freeway going towards downtown then get a room on the backs...
1  Thank S C
Reviewed 26 June 2014

A most reasonable place to stay, though restaurants are a bit of a distance away. -Not walking distance. Parking fees at the national convention held at the Hilton were a shocker! Might have been cheaper to hail a cab, and leave my car at the LaQuinta.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Travelled to Dallas at the last minute. The reservation Specialist was able to find me a hotel within a couple of miles of my family function. Check in was a breeze and they honored my triple A discount. room was comfortable and breakfast was better than expected.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 June 2014

This hotel is so well run it would be difficult to find anything at all to complain about. Friendly staff, well-kept, nice rooms - La Quinta ought to send all its managers here for training. Perhaps it would be nice to be closer to downtown Dallas but it is located near major roads and a freeway so even that really isn't a problem.