“Delicious”

Ranked #104 of 3,580 Restaurants in Dallas
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Local cuisine, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Off-Street Parking, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Casual
Mercedes, Texas
“Delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

We were the first ones there to open the place and we are glad we did. We were greeted with a rib each to try. Food was great and the workers were excellent. The portions are good and feeling. We ordered a sampler for 2 and 5 of us ate from it. The ribs are oh so delicious and the meat falls right off.

Texas
“Excellent Ribs!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

My daughter and I were in downtown Dallas and wanted BBQ. I'm glad we found Off the Bone. The brisket was very tasty and moist, and the ribs were incredible. The manager greeted us and showed us great hospitality. We were impressed by both the great food and the kindness. We will return!

Raleigh
“Ribs and sausage are superb!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

Visited after seeing the great reviews and I was mainly interested in the brisket. We got the combo plate with brisket, ribs and sausage. We ordered the brisket lean which was a mistake as it was a bit dry. The sample we tasted had more fat (and flavor). While the brisket wasn't what we expected, neither were the ribs and sausage (in a good way). I've never tasted sausage like this. It was fantastic and the ribs had a very unique flavor. It is a small location but we ate outside of the busy hours and we had no problems with seating. The staff were very friendly. There is only one bathroom and it outside access but you aren't coming for the bathroom are you?

“Interesting little place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

Place is small, very small. You come into the eating area, then turn into the order counter inside. Once you are in, you are right next to the counter. I can imagine what it would be like when its busy.

The service was very friendly, and food came out reasonably fast. My ribs were falling of the bone tender. It's dry, they provide one sauce on the table only if you want it, which i think has vinegar in it. Not a big fan of that. I like my sauce a little more spicy. Buy that is a personal preference.

The bake beans were good, potato salad was very good. The price was very reasonable for the meal.

You come for the food. And they don't disappoint.

DeSoto, Texas
“Horrible Experience on my lunch break!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

I preorder 11 different (bbq) orders at 11:03 am, and asked the young man how long would it take he stated whatever time I would like to pick it up it would be ready. Which I asked for it at 11:40 I arrived at 11:40. the young man repeated my order 4 times to verify. I paid $95.75, and got 3-orders of ribs, 1 meat combo, 2 meat combo, 1 beef sausage sandwich and 1 - 4oz baked beans, that should have been $74.15 + tax, and paid for 2 rib orders separately and charro beans. I got back to work two orders were not there, but they charged me for 2 chopped beefs, coleslaw, charro beans, open food(?) not sure what that was. I called back an elderly guy answered said to bring it back & he would make to order right. I sneak away from my job to get the missing orders and a young lady tried to talk crazy to me. I paid $95.75 for something and the point is I had missing food then looked at the food they didn't even add bbq sauce for the food and the chopped beef was fatty and rubbery. Also never order the order of ribs ($8.22) literally it was 3 bones baby back ribs which was boiled 8and a dried up roll, one piece of onion, 2 pickles..LOUSY. Worst experience. I normally go to Baby Back Shaq on Akard and decided to give them a chance. After the Inconvenience of going back to get the rest of my orders that I paid for, no one ever apology for not giving me my entire order or driving back. Rude, This company will never have to worry about the 11 people that ordered this horrible food...I wish I could take a screen shot..This company ruined our Juneteenth, needless to say, totally disappointed. WHO EVER gave this bbq joint a good rating do not know good bbq. Go to North Dallas, Anderson's bbq on Harry Hines, Sony Bryans on Inwood, Records BBq on Lancaster, TD's bbq on Lancaster, Big Al's Smokehouse. Try any of these and don't waste your time if this is a convenient location pass it doing 60...