“Terrible Experience” 1 of 5 bubbles

Hotel ZaZa Dallas
Ranked #2 of 196 Hotels in Dallas
“Terrible Experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

Terrible experience from beginning to end. My wife booked a double king bed room over the phone at a rate just under $400 for the night. When we arrived to the hotel to check in, the rate had magically increased to over $500 - we decided to stay there and gave them our credit card.
They had issues processing the card and kept telling me it wasn't going through; however, I was able to confirm the charges were hitting our bank account through mobile banking. They did this to us on three different cards (two Visa and one Master Card) until I used American Express.
When we arrived to the room everything looked great, the rooms are nice and the beds super comfortable; the only issue was that the beds were not king size. Checking out the next day, I tried to have them change the charges from the American Express to my Visa but they still had system issues and I kept seeing the charges on my mobile banking but not on their system. I overheard one of the receptionists on the phone with their billing company to let them know the billing system was not processing cards. The receptionist told me it was no problem and would just make a copy of my Visa and I signed on that, she also mentioned I was not going to get a receipt because of the billing system but that she would email it to me as soon as it was fixed.
I never received the receipt and kept seeing the charges on my Visa card for about three days until the charges disappeared from the Visa card and were applied to the American Express. I called the hotel for assistance with the billing issue but nobody was able to help me. The first person I spoke to said she needed to get assistance from a manager and that the manager would call me back - manager never called me back. I called again and the second person I spoke to told me they couldn't help me there and gave me a number to the billing department in Houston but wouldn't be able to speak to them until the next business day (it was after five when I called.)
When I called the supposed billing department it just turned out to be the front desk of the hotel in Houston so they ended up transferring me to the front desk in Dallas. The last person I spoke to had to place me multiple times on hold and ended up saying that I have to send a notarized copy of my Visa card and ID because they didn't have a copy. I remember when I checked out they made a copy on my card and I signed it but they had apparently lost it because they only had the American Express and one of the other cards they tried to charge.
Nobody at any point took any ownership of the issue and I will not recommend nor go back to this hotel or the chain again. The valet parking guys were the nicest by far.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank eccomusic
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Dallas, responded to this review, 24 January 2014
eccomusic,

Thank you for the feedback regarding your visit at the hotel. I sincerely apologize for the transaction issues you encountered while staying at the hotel. I attempted to contact you; however I was unable to reach you. The credit card system has been fixed since your visit. Please touch base with me when you have an opportunity, as I would like to gather more details concerning your experience and WOW you with a signature ZaZa visit! We love ya!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (253)
New Orleans
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

Hotel ZaZ is Such a fabulous hip boutique hotel. My room was huge and very well decorated. Staff was friendly. BreakfAst at Dragon Fly was delicious. My hotel room had a beautiful view of Uptown Dallas!

• Stayed November 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Dallas, responded to this review, 14 November 2013
travelerlady2009!

Thank you for the great feedback! I am happy to read that you had an awesome time at Hotel ZaZa recently! The hotel is definitely eclectic. I am glad you enjoyed your breakfast at the Dragonfly!

Please touch base when you would like to plan another z-mazing ZaZa getaway, as I will have my team roll out the reddest of red carpets upon your arrival. We love ya!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

We were truly blown away by Zaza over the past weekend. We went to celebrate my fiance's birthday, and received an upgrade to one of the new bungalows. It made our night! The room was super luxurious and an attendant was waiting to welcome us to the room! Loved that extra touch and that you get picked up to and from the bungalow any time you want to get back to the hotel or the restaurant... made things very easy for us and our friends, since we had reservations at the Dragonfly. The staff throughout our stay was excellent, especially Zack. Thank you so much for making our first stay with Zaza so special! I can't wait to come back!

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Anima-Nawaz
Anima-Nawaz!

Thank you for the wonderful feedback! I am pleased to read that you and your fiance had a thoroughly enjoyable experience at Hotel ZaZa recently. The Bungalows are AWESOME!

In regards to service, I will definitely commend Zach for providing excellent service to you during your stay! Please touch base when you would like to z-scape back to ZaZa, as I will have my team roll out the reddest of red carpets upon your arrival. We love ya!
Rockville, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

My stay at ZaZa was nothing short of amazing!! The valet, reception staff, waiters/waitresses, bartenders, etc were all super friendly and very helpful. My room was huge, immaculate, and the decor was beautiful!! I never comment on beds however, the bed was extremely comfortable. This is the type of hotel that you will never forget and you will return. You really don't have to leave if you didn't want to. The hotel bar and restaurant were superb and my food was delicious and plated perfectly. The attention to detail and customer service at Hotel ZaZa is above and beyond any hotel I've stayed at. I received a special that entitled me to free valet, 2 free cocktails, and breakfast. This was a great deal and it saved me a lot of $$. We will return ZaZa.

Room Tip: "Top floor corner room was large, and quiet"
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Dallas, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
NessiaH!

Thank you for the wonderful review! I am pleased to read that you had a delightful time at Hotel ZaZa recently! The hotel offers quite a few specials throughout the year; I am happy you received a great deal!

Come on back soon for another signature ZaZa visit! We love ya!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2013

We stayed at the Dallas hotel for their Halloween party. It was Fantabulous!! I love Halloween and we had excellent service. Everyone was very nice and helpful. Anything they help you with, they will. I always go here when I need a break from the daily grind. Love the balcony rooms. :)

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Dallas, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
Deanie010!

Thank you for the fantastic review! I am very pleased that you had an awesome time at ZaZa's Halloween celebration! The Z is definitely a great place to unwind!

Please touch base when you would like to z-scape to ZaZa, as I will have my team roll out the reddest of red carpets upon your arrival! We love ya!
Georgetown, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013

A beautiful, slightly different hotel with friendly, and helpful staff.
We had a standard room which was tastefully furnished. In an age when turn-down service is rare, it was an unexpected bonus!

Our special rate included parking, cocktails and breakfast all of which exceeded our expectations (Cocktail ticket was good for $30.00, and cocktails were $12.00 each. Breakfast ticket was valued at $40.00 with options up to $17.00)

Our visit was in October, and all the staff wore pink sneakers in honor of Breast Cancer awareness month, the main lobby chandelier glowed pink: it was a nice touch.

Room Tip: Leonard Street is busy, so ask for a room away from the street.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Dallas, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
Anne V!

Thank you for the wonderful review! I am pleased to read that you had a lovely stay at Hotel ZaZa last month. We're all about the unexpected bonuses!

Please touch base when you would like to dive back into the ZaZa world, as I will have my team create a signature experience for you! We love ya!
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

We were really impressed by the staff, particularly valet and servers in the bar area. They were very accommodating. My fiance and I were wanting a quiet night with a few drinks but the bar was packed. There were a few servers that showed us to a quiet, back dining area with a great view of the bar minus the noise and crowd. They took excellent care of us despite having a packed house out front, I believe their names were Maddie and Tiffany. They even did the same for us the following night! Their extra effort made the difference between a good and a great experience.

Jonathan C!

Thank you for the wonderful review! I am glad you and your fiance had a lovely time at Hotel ZaZa and the Dragonfly! I will definitely commend the servers for providing excellent service to you during your visit!

Please touch base when you would like to explore more of the ZaZa atmosphere, as I will have my team roll out the reddest of red carpets upon your arrival! We love ya!