“What a great exerience!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel ZaZa Dallas

Hotel ZaZa Dallas
Ranked #3 of 200 Hotels in Dallas
Richmond, Virginia
“What a great exerience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2013

We thank you for a great time in Dallas. Love the property, the décor and especially the service. Rudy was super helpful as were all we met.
Thanks!! We will be sure to stop in again soon and recommend the ZaZa to all we meet!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Dallas, responded to this review, 31 December 2013
John R!

Thank you for the wonderful feedback! I am pleased to read that you had a great time at Hotel ZaZa recently. I will definitely commend Rudy for providing excellent service to you during your stay at the hotel.

Please touch base when your travels return you to Dallas! We love ya at ZaZa!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (258)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2013

Great hotel experience with an excellent staff. The accommodations were both unique and comfortable. The Monarch Restaurant served a great tasting breakfast. All-in-all, a top shelf hotel experience...

• Stayed December 2013
MarkC3156!

Thank you for the wonderful review! I am pleased to read that you had a great experience at Hotel ZaZa & the Monarch recently!

Please touch base when you would like to dive back into the ZaZa world, as I will have my team roll out the reddest of red carpets upon your arrival. We love ya!
Waco, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2013

Greeted by Zack who made us feel at home immediately and upgraded us to a bungalow without asking. He made sure we had everything we needed and was so accommodating. Service was excellent. Bungalow was like a fabulous 2 bedroom 2 bath apartment with private porch seating. Morning snacks and coffee were available in a common area. Private parking so no need to have car brought around. This would be great for a family. Huge TV's in every room and great mattress's . The only thing that I did not like about the bungalow's was we had a short walk to the hotel bar and restaurant. If the weather was rainy or freezing that would have been inconvenient although the hotel car will pick you up and take you back and forth. Also great that they will transport you to the area bars and restaurants in the hotel car. The bar at hotel was perfect for having drinks and snacks. It was busy with great atmosphere. Had breakfast the next morning and it was delicious. Food and drinks were reasonably priced for uptown Dallas but the hotel is expensive. We called and got a great package prior to coming.

Room Tip: Bungalow we were in was very quiet. There are 4 bungalows to each building with secure entries to e...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Dallas, responded to this review, 19 December 2013
Lucinda!

Thank you for the great feedback regarding your recent stay at Hotel ZaZa! I am pleased to read that you had a wonderful visit in one of the ZaZa Bungalows!

The Magic Carpet Ride Shuttle Service is definitely a fantastic transporation option. The Z team will drive guests anywhere within a five-mile radius of the hotel!

Please touch base when your travels return you to Dallas, as I will have my team create a signature ZaZa experience for you! We love ya!
Roetgen, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2013

I travel and overnight about 100 nights a year all over the world, this was one of the friendliest and well run hotels I have stayed at. Everyone looked after me, talked when I wanted, let me read when I wanted - and the bar is the place to be. Fitness room is just right.
Met Charlie and spent the whole evening chatting with him - what a nice guy.
Well done everyone there, I can't wait to come back.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the themed rooms, and then wait to be surprised
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
TonyHarvey!

Thank you for the great feedback! I am pleased to read that you had a thoroughly enjoyable stay at Hotel ZaZa recently.

Please touch base when your travels return you to Dallas, as I will have my staff whip up an eclectic experience for you! We love ya at ZaZa!
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2013

Service was very warm and caring. Rooms were well appointed and very comfortable. We had a king super deluxe room and the only odd thing is that the shower had a window to the bedroom so if the light was on in the bathroom the entire bedroom was quite bright. We were also there during some construction outside and the room was quite loud - not sure how much of this was the freeway noise (right by a major interstate) and how much was construction driven. There was a note in our room that ear plugs/noise machine was available. Staff was very responsive and room service offered solid breakfast options.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Starthur!

Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent visit at Hotel ZaZa. I am pleased to read that you had a nice stay at the Z where excellent service is key!

Please touch base when you are ready to plan another ZaZa getaway, as I will have my team create an eclectic visit for you. We love ya!
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2013 via mobile

Zaza made me feel like I was at home. The rooms stray away from the typical hotel furnishings, instead offering plush comforters, damask print headboards and drapery, unique artwork, and old Hollywood glam-inspired sofas. Although I was here on business I would definitely love to come back for pleasure. The dim lighting throughout the floors, tealight candle on the nighstand, and adjustable lighting in your room really makes for a great romantic space.

Spacious and clean rooms, comfortable bed, pleasant front desk staff, and courteous room service. Will definitely return!

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Dallas, responded to this review, 13 December 2013
Kstansb2003!

Thank you for the wonderful feedback. I am pleased to read that you had a fantastic stay at Hotel ZaZa recently! The Z is definitely a great place for a romantic getaway. Please touch base when your travels return you to Dallas, as I will have my team create an eclectic experience for you! We love ya!
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2013

If you're looking for a trendy hotel with a great location then Hotel Zaza would be a good choice. Unfortunately, sometimes trendy does not go well with quality or service in my experience. However, despite being trendy, Hotel Zaza's service and quality was quite good. I didn't think the quality was on par with say a Four Seasons or Ritz Carlton but you likely won't be disappointed.

We were upgraded to a Bungalow(thank you Zaza) and found the space to be interesting and quite comfortable. The Bungalows are small apartments down the street from the hotel. I certainly recommend staying in one of them if you want more privacy and less noise.

One of the only issues started with the Dragonfly, which is the bar and restaurant for the hotel. The main bar looks decent, but I was unimpressed with the area where the dancing takes place in an outside tent area. A DJ is perched on a small stage with a laptop played forgettable music to a mostly middle age and unhip crowd. To make matters worse, there was a large screen behind the DJ playing runway events with models. A weak attempt to be cool that was a possibly a good idea more than 10 years ago.

My last issue or complaint is with the hotel lobby itself, which was unimpressive. First, the lobby feels small and unfinished. There was some art and a few professional pictures of celebrities, which some may or may not like. I thought it was a bad attempt to be cool and makes the designers and hotel look vapid.

In summary, Hotel Zaza is a nice, trendy hotel. The service and quality is good. Just skip Dragonfly and go to another happening club/bar in Dallas and ignore the lobby until it's finished.

Room Tip: Get a bungalow if you want peace & quiet. I wouldn't recommend this hotel for families.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Dallas, responded to this review, 12 December 2013
deprivation!

Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent stay at Hotel ZaZa. I am pleased to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay in one of ZaZa's new bungalows! The new spaces are just some of the many gems of the Z!

In regards to the decor of ZaZa, the hotel is in the process of being revamped! There is a lot of exciting new additions in the ZaZa world. The Austin location will be open before you know it! We love ya!