“Great Hotel, Great Location, Great Experience” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel ZaZa Dallas

and 1 more site!
Hotel ZaZa Dallas
Ranked #3 of 200 Hotels in Dallas
“Great Hotel, Great Location, Great Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

The hotel stay was really great for our 20 year wedding anniversary get away! The West Indies suite was really nice (big room, big bed, tub/shower and a separate large shower. The decor was well done throughout the room and entire hotel. The valets and front desk personnel were terrific. The Dragonfly dining experience was superb. The pool (even though it is small comparatively speaking), it is a great setting, very entertaining.

Room Tip: Rooms with a balcony are more expensive, but the view and ambiance may be well worth it depending on...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Dallas, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
Rayford!

Thank you for the fantastic feedback. I am pleased to read that you had a great experience celebrating your 20th wedding anniversary at Hotel ZaZa! The West Indies suite is one of the many gems of the Z. Comfort & excellent service are key at the Z.

In regards to the Dragonfly, I am happy your dining experience was delightful!

Please touch base when your travels return you to Dallas, as I will have my team create a signature experience for you. We love ya at ZaZa!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (257)
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

This hotel was recommended by the business colleague and I was skeptical as I knew nothing about the hotel. It is not a chain and i had not heard of it. I am skeptical no longer, in fact, I have become a raving fan and would stay here each and every time I return to Dallas if it all possible. This boutique hotel has the feel of the European castle or mansion. The attention to detail is impeccable. The decorating is wonderful. I love the layout of the room and every aspect of what would make a comfortable room is taken into account. The bed may be the most comfortable bed I have ever had in a hotel and the linens are very luxurious. The glass topped desk and workspace was excellent and everything is included for working with an abundance of plugs but also including paperclips, notepads, a stapler and pencils. There's a sitting area that is extremely comfortable as well as a beautifully laid out and decorated bathroom. Every part of the hotel is impeccably maintained and clean. The staff are genuinely friendly and helpful. The workout room is more than adequate with dumbbells going to 50 pounds, other weight machines, and plenty of aerobic machines. and I have never worked out on what looks like an oriental rug. I love the fresh-baked cookies and other goodies put out in the lobby every afternoon. The pool area is comforting and a private oasis to relax after a long business day. Plenty of excellent five-star restaurants are within a very short walking distance. The hotel even provided us with bicycles to ride around Dallas and go see some of the historical sites. Bottom line, this is a wonderful luxury hotel that should not be a well-kept secret. I will definitely return.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Joseph F
maltafaz!

Thank you for the fantastic feedback! I am pleased to read that you had an awesome experience at Hotel ZaZa recently! Comfort & excellent service are key at the Z.

Please touch base when your travels return you to Dallas, as I will have my team roll out the reddest of red carpets upon your arrival. We love ya!
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

We have made it a point to stay at Hotel ZaZa for the last 10 years, whenever we visit Dallas. We have always been impressed by its eclectic flair. This trip we encouraged friends to book and stay there along with us. This was a very disappointing stay. Our air conditioning did not work and it was 77 degrees in the room all night long. We had to open the windows to cool down. Outside temp was also in the 70s. Our friends room, the toilet handle broke and they couldn't flush the toilet.

We use to love coving back from dinner to find the room lit with candles and a bag of "skittles" or something unusual on our pillow. Gone. No longer there. Our couch had stains on it.

We brought this all to the attention of the front desk. For all of our troubles, they comped the overnight parking.

The only saving grace of the whole stay was the fabulous breakfast at Dragonfly. Wonderful and delicious!

Doubt we will ever come back again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Streeb
Streeb,

Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent stay at Hotel ZaZa. I sincerely apologize for the A/C & maintenance issues you encountered during your visit at the hotel. Such incidents are not the norm at the Z. I will have my team inspect the rooms so that such an occurrence does not take place in the future.

Please touch base with me when you have an opportunity as I would like to gather more details concerning your experience.

Ian H. Bush
Hotel Manager
Hotel ZaZa
IBush@hotelzaza.com
SYDNEY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

Stayed here for a few days as a stopover to break up the trip before heading to Miami. Hotel has a good vibe. Pool area is small but is a great place to spend time. Restaurant was excellent. All the staff were excellent especially the restaurant staff, eating around the pool area the staff gave my grand daughter a ZaZa soft toy, very thoughtful. Rooms were spacious, we booked a room with two king beds which also had two lounge chairs for relaxing or watching TV. You couldn't get any closer to the Uptown Trolley, which was perfect for jumping on and off to go downtown or restaurants uptown. Would stay again when in Dallas

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
travel2008SYD!

Thank you for the fantastic feedback! I am pleased to read that you had a delightful experience at Hotel ZaZa recently. Comfort & excellent service are key at the Z!

The Dragonfly is one of the many gems of ZaZa; I am glad you enjoyed the restaurant!

Please touch base when you would like to z-scape back to ZaZa, as I will have my team create a signature experience for you. We love ya!
Tulsa, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

From the moment you step out of your car at Zaza the experience is amazing. The staff is wonderful - very helpful! We had 6 girls with us and when we decided to go to a bar, the staff had a hotel car take us to the bar and pick us up. The staff does an excellent job at recommending places to go. The entire vibe at Zaza is just amazing. The pool is a fun place to get some sun during the day and it transforms into it's own nightlife around 10pm. Dragonfly restaurant is exquisite. I recommend the Huevos Rancheros Tacos - You can thank me later ;)

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Dallas, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
JuliaLaneFitness!

Thank you for the fantastic feedback! I am happy to read that you had a delightful visit at Hotel ZaZa with friends recently! The Z is a great place to relax and have a good time.

In regards to the Huevos Rancheros Tacos, I am glad you enjoyed the delish dish! Please touch base when your travels return you to Dallas, as I will have my team create a signature experience for you! We love ya!
Little Rock, Arkansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

Recently, we had a 2-day weekend stay at the Hotel ZaZa Dallas. We have stayed here several times before and it always has been a great experience. This is a trendy hotel with a sophisticated, funky vibe. Think of a more elegant and polished version of a Hard Rock Hotel as a comparison.

We still recommend the Hotel, but it has slipped a bit in terms of service and upkeep. For example, maid service did not show up until almost 6:00 p.m. on our second day, even though we were out of the room most of the day. Since we were in the middle of getting ready to go out, we asked maid service to come back. They did, but did only a superficial job of cleaning. Toiletries were not refreshed nor were all of the towels.

We had similar service disappointments in the Dragonfly, both in terms of restaurant and bar service. While the service was adequate, for a property that it holds itself out as being premium (and charges accordingly), it should have been better.

In the past, I would have rated this hotel a 4.5 to 5.0 (on a 5-point scale); now, I rate it 3.5 to 4.0. Until certain issues are addressed, it is overpriced. But, if you can snag a good special, give it a try. The ZaZa can be a special place.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
GMH 7,

Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent visit at Hotel ZaZa. I apologize for the lackluster service you received during your stay. Such service is definitely not our norm!

Please touch base with me when you have an opportunity, as I would like to gather more details concerning your visit at the hotel.

Avi Niego
Director of Operations
Hotel ZaZa
ANiego@hotelzaza.com
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

Was looking for a place that was romantic and lively--- what we got was all that plus exceptional service which made our stay memorable and special. Rudy at the concierge desk went out of his way to show us the Za Za love! Juan and Julian were great at Dragonfly and the pool. Best omelette I've had in a long time. The pool is lovely and we enjoyed people watching from our balcony! On top of this the gym had an assisted-pull up machine! We will definitely be back again!

Room Tip: If you like people watching get one overlooking the pool
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Dallas, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Marnie Y!

Thank you for the great feedback! I am pleased to read that you had a delightful stay at Hotel ZaZa recently. Rudy, Juan & Julian will all be commended for providing superb service to you during your visit at the hotel. The pool is definitely one of the many gems of ZaZa. I am happy you enjoyed the atmosphere!

Please touch base when your travels return you to Dallas, as I will have my team create a signature experience for you! We love ya at ZaZa!