“Great hotel in Uptown”

Ranked #2 of 204 Hotels in Dallas
Lubbock
“Great hotel in Uptown”
Reviewed 21 August 2014

In our first every stay at Hotel ZaZa, we were the recipients of one of their "random acts of kindness" - an upgrade to a bungalow! The bungalow was very nice and private, the rest of the experience was great also. This hotel is an oasis in a very busy part of town - particularly the pool area.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jimwtp
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Dallas, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Jimwtp!

Thank you for the wonderful feedback! I am pleased to read that you had a delightful stay at Hotel ZaZa recently. The Bungalows are definitely awesome! I am glad you enjoyed the accommodations!

Please touch base when your travels return you to Dallas, as I will have my team roll out the reddest of red carpets upon your arrival. We love ya at ZaZa!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (277)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 20 August 2014

I traveled a lot to dallas before moving their for business. I always stayed here in the heart of uptown dallas. You are able to walk to 50 great places to eat and great bars. Also they have a car that takes you 3 miles around the hotel. Which will get you any office in downtown dallas and the american airlines arena. I have stayed in pretty much every room they have from the bungalows to the secret 7 and the basic room. They are all great, bed and room service is the best I caught myself staying in and ordering the steak on the in room dining menu it was one of the best steaks you can get in Dallas. The secret 7 rooms are huge great setting for a meeting and the bungalows would be great for a family stay. Also, if you get a zaza rewards card they will upgrade you if they have available rooms. I booked 3 day in basic room I had so many points they upgraded me to the bungalow for free. The service is great I can't say enough good things about this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Dallas, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
jeff m!

Thank you for the fantastic feedback! I am pleased to read that you had a delightful experience at Hotel ZaZa last year. Comfort is key at the Z. I am happy you were upgraded to one of our fabulous Bungalows!

Please touch base when you would like to z-scape back to ZaZa, as I will have my team roll out the reddest of red carpets upon your arrival. We love ya!
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Bungalow 1 was amazing! It was modern, spacious and very nicely decorated. You get the feel of a private apartment, but with all the amenities of a high end hotel. If staying at ZaZa, definitely consider these (independent) suites as a serious alternative. You won't regret it!

PROS:

- Beautiful, modern, spacious, comfortable suite. You get the feeling of staying at a high end apartment rather than at a hotel.
- The best water pressure in the shower I have ever experienced!
- Close (self) parking for you and your guests.
- The ZaZa car service beats taking a cab any day of the week!
- Great service at Dragon Fly all three times we ate there.
- Fantastic hotel location close to anything and everything to do in Dallas

CONS:
-The ZaZa is definitely a party hotel. The noise level can get a bit out of hand late at night on the weekends.

- Outside of ZaZa's control, but there is major construction going on around the hotel. Trucks start coming in and out of the area starting at 7:00am all the way till 5:00pm. This may be an issue for some people for the next few months.

- We had a couple service mishaps with the people working the front desk. Nothing major, but little things that should not happen in a hotel of this caliber. Hope they get their act together

Room Tip: Go for the bungalows for that high end condo feel with all the amenities of a hotel
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Dallas, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
WrldTrvlr37!

Thank you for the great feedback. I am happy to read that you enjoyed the atmosphere and comforts of Bungalow #1!

In regards to the Magic Carpet Ride shuttle, I am glad you took advantage of the complimentary transportation! The hotel shuttle will take guests anywhere within a five-mile radius of the hotel.

As for the noise & service mishaps that you experienced during your visit at the Z, I apologize for the issues. I will have a word with my teams regarding your experience so that such an occurence does not arise again in the future.

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Hotel ZaZa in Dallas is in a great location. Our room was decorated in a fun way, but was facing construction across the road which started at 7am! Good thing I am a heavy sleeper & could go back to sleep. The pool area is small but very nice. It gets very busy on Friday afternoon, and on friday night it was like a night club so if you're not into that I recommend that you get a room far away from the pool. The hotel has a free drop-off/pick-up service - they gave me a ride to the Perot museum & picked me up after I was done.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
trailersfun!

Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent visit at Hotel ZaZa! I am pleased to read that you enjoyed the decor and location of the Z.

In regards to the Magic Carpet Ride shuttle service, I am glad you enjoyed the complimentary transportation!

Please touch base when you are ready to dive back into the ZaZa world, as I will have my team roll out the reddest of red carpets upon your arrival. We love ya at ZaZa!
melbourne
Reviewed 17 August 2014

If you want something trendy & unique,this is the place for you. The themed rooms were great ( I chose the Austin Powers suite). Spacious, one of a kind & fun. Nice pool area,artwork, & awesome food at dragonfly.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
wylie1922!

Thank you for the fantastic feedback. I am happy to read that you had a great stay at Hotel ZaZa recently! The themed suites are definitely a delight. I am glad you enjoyed the Shag-a-delic Suite!

In regards to the Dragonfly, I am pleased that you found the food AWESOME!

Please touch base when your travels return you to Dallas or Houston, as I will have my team create a signature experience for you. We love ya at ZaZa!
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 15 August 2014

I grew up in L.A. and Hollywood which meant my first hotel exposure was the Grafton, Chateau Marmont, and Mondrian on Sunset. My weekend getaways were THE Hotel at Mandalay Bay, the Wynn, and the Cosmopolitan in Vegas. So my taste has been shaped by a very specific set of experiences. I adore an aesthetic of luxury with a sense of boldness, artistry, and sexiness! The Zaza is all the above, but also offers exceptional guest care. I'm not sure if its a matter of training or meticulous talent acquisition, but they have managed to put together a team of people from the valets- both Josh's- to the guest service specialists- Victor and Zach- that seem to be genuinely invested in delivering a wonderful experience. Victor was within earshot of a really difficult situation I encountered and he did everything within his power to make life easier for me while at the ZaZa. I was blown away by a lovely gesture he conceived to lift my spirits. On a separate visit, when Zach found out I was delayed by bad weather, he partnered with me on a solution to alleviate my reservation concerns and I was treated to a tremendous surprise. I could write another paragraph about this place. I'll spare you. In summation- I love it there. My job covers my travel expenses and I have a choice to stay anywhere in Dallas. I won't stay anywhere else.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Donielle Carter C!

Thank you for the fantastic feedback! I am happy to read that you had a wonderful experience at Hotel ZaZa recently! We are all about comfort & superb service at the Z. Zach & Victor are definitely rock stars at the hotel; I will commend them for providing excellent service to you during your stay!

Waco, Texas
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

Hotel Zaza offers a rocker feel with upscale taste. From the elevators wrapped in tapestry to the quirky photos and art work everything about Zaza is unique! Located in trendy uptown staying at Zaza offers you the ability to walk to local restaurants and bars like Standard Pour, Trulucks, the Nodding Donkey, and the Ginger Man. Each floor level offers an art experience in photos with a flair, wooden sculptures and intriguing sculptures. On every floor a "butler pantry" is available offering coffee, tea, accessories and ice. The room provided luxurious linens with Mediterranean touches. The bathroom toiletries are Bigelow apothecaries in a lavender and peppermint fragrance. Zaza also offers laundry services ranging from $7.50 for a shirt to $22 for tuxedos! Turn down bed service was also provided with Lindt candies. The spacious living area and working desk provided ample space to relax and handle business requirements. An in room air filter is provided for fresh air. There was also sound proof patio doors that opened up to a quaint patio seating area that overlooked the Zaza pool and Dragonfly. You can receive poolside bootle service via Dragonfly for approximately $350. I ordered room service twice which was delivered in 15 minutes. Hotel Zaza also now offers charming and private 1-2 bedroom suites with full kitchens called The Bungalows.

• Stayed August 2014