“LOVE This Tour” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dallas by Chocolate Tours
Ranked #4 of 20 Food & Drink in Dallas
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Discover Dallas' premier local chocolatiers, restaurants, wineries, barbeque venues and other artisanal specialty shops. On our food/sightseeing tours, you'll learn about unique Dallas cultural and historical landmarks, play food-related games to win prizes, and much more! Tours are 3-3.25 hours long and by private air conditioned bus. Prices start at $39. Most tours are Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays but private weekday tours can be arranged including team-building and corporate tours. Price includes private bus transportation, beverages served on the bus (you can also bring your own), food at venues and many samples. We also do the Taste of the Bishop Arts Walking Food and Historical Tour, Taste of Trinity Groves Tour, Taste of Deep Ellum Tour, Taste of Downtown Dallas/Art District Tour, taste tours of Grapevine and McKinney, TX, wine/cheese/pizza/azz tours, BBQ, Bacon, Burgers and Beer and other tours. We also offer team-building and private tours for businesses, parties and other functions.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Activities for older children, Activities for young children
Dallas, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“LOVE This Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2013

Me and my fiancé did the chocolate and light tour last Friday and had a really nice evening. The tour guide Steve made our evening with fun stories about different restaurants in the area and even made a hard to get reservation for us. Each of the stops were a blast, and they even stopped at Fuel City for a taco run because we were satiated on chocolate.

We loved the lights portion of this tour. Most of the group sang along with the Christmas music and they took our photo in front of the house with a thousand santas. That will be our Christmas card next year.

1 Thank Mark T

Seattle, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Worse experience ever”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2013

I agree with the post about disorganized. We met at Krispy Kreme parking lot and hung outside in the cold weather for 10 minutes until Steve, our host, came outside and said the bus was late and so were a few customers. We sat inside Krispy Kreme for 20 more minutes before we finally loaded up and left. The customers we were waiting on had six children, who were so loud and unruly that it spoiled the tour. Their parents were drunk and disorderly. Our host seemed to enjoy their behavior and even indulged in the libations that they were mixing. It was a drunken party bus with children on board that were about six years old. We asked to be dropped off at 9:45 pm and hadn't even seen lights yet. I sent an email to the owner asking her to call me and have not received any correspondence from her. I was expecting a sophiscated tour and instead was trapped inside a small tour bus with drunk adults and their obnoxious children. I was unable to hear the small talk from Steve or get to know the owners. Steve never gave us a clue as to what was going on, we got off the bus and were left flandering around.

7 Thank Jean R
Dallas, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Dallas by Chocolate Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2013

I wanted to go on record that this tour was awesome. We visited great local merchants that have wonderful products and services. Steve Doyle was our tour guide and he knows how to entertain and engage the participants. Plus, he had wonderful surprises not listed on the tour! I would recommend this and any other tour coordinated by this group for out of town guests to locals. Fabulous!!!

1 Thank SharonDenyce
Tulsa, Oklahoma
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Disorganized”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

This tour was nothing like we expected. We took the chocolate and Christmas light tour.
Disorganized is the best word to describe the entire experience

First off, the communication was horrible. I got an email the night before stating that there were only 10 people signed up and they need a minimum of 12-14 to rent the bus, so if we don't hear from them by 11am on Sat then it was to be cancelled. I have never seen a tour company do this, maybe it was more of a marketing ploy to see if we could get more people to sign up, but if you are going to cancel a tour because you are short 2 people, I find that ridiculous. Most people that sign up for these tours, plan their evening around this

The tour itself stopped at three places, a cookie shop, bolsa/Mercado market and a French bakery. The first stop, we basically grabbed cookies, the employee inside gave a 2 minute talk on the place, and that was it. Second stop at the Mercado market we met a chocolatier, he was much more informative about his product, but when we arrived we were just left to "explore" the store. No descriptions of the place from our tour guide. Last place the baker went into a lot of detail about her place which was nice, but again our tour guide really didn't provide much more info

Following the three stops, we then drove around haphazardly through neighborhoods trying to find Christmas lights. Very disappointed. Maybe it was too early for the lights to be put up, but for a tour that has "Christmas lights" in the name, you would think they would have scouted out a route for the driver to take. It was more like driving through a rich neighborhood, hoping we would see some good lights.

Overall worst, tour I've ever taken. We usually do a small tour at each big city we go too, and this was not worth it.

I think this gets good reviews, because you can drink wine and beer on the bus, and by the end of the tour, most of the adults were wasted.

7 Thank jdang8394
EULESS
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“For Chocolate & Other Lovers!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

I have been on this tour twice..Once with my best friend & once by myself..If you live in DFW or are just visiting..you must take this tour..It is so relaxing & fun..I enjoyed having Coca Cola as well as a glass of wine or perhaps a beer! The staff is very knowledgeable about everything on the tour & they point out great historic sights as well..the drinks & food samples are all very delicious! I would highly recommend any of the Chocolate, Cheese, Wine tours..& buy some great gifts to take with you from these great places you visit..You will never have so much fun riding on a luxury coach..drinking wine..being with you family!

Visited October 2013