“Dallas Marriott City Center”

Dallas Marriott City Center
Ranked #27 of 205 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed 10 February 2014

The hotel has changed since my last stay. They used to have an ince rink inside the hotel area, now they have a park inside the building. The business stay was great and the staff was exceptional and more than willing to help us with any problems.

Room Tip: Any location is good, the scenic view is on the park side.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Dallas_Marriott, Sr Rooms Operations Manager at Dallas Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Thank you for staying with us; I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. The Plaza of the Americas did complete a renovation in 2013 which included the removal of the ice skating rink. They transformed the space into a spectacular indoor park complete with live plants and trees, water features, and upgraded seating. We truly appreciate your business and hope to see you again in the future.

There are newer reviews for Dallas Marriott City Center

Reviewed 8 February 2014

Marriotts are typically nice and this one was as well. Although I have to say that I felt a bit isolated. This may have been due to the fact that I was only in town for a day and a half on business, but there didn't appear to be much to do. The hotel is attached to other business offices and a "shopping" type area. The window of my room looked out onto this shopping area, which I found to be a bit weird. I didn't feel great about opening the window where, at night in particular, people would be able to look into my room. A window also would've been helpful since it snowed while I was in Dallas. It was convenient becacuse the office I had to go to was located in the attached shopping/business building, but this also didn't encourage me to go out and explore anywhere else. The staff was friendly and it was easy to get a cab to the airport. The room was large so no complaints there.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Dallas_Marriott, Front Office Supervisor at Dallas Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

Thank you for your recent stay with us at the Marriott City Center Hotel and for detailing your experience. Guest feedback is instrumental in our constant efforts to improve our service and product. I’m sorry that you felt isolated during your stay, but hope that if you return you get a chance to explore the many museums, art exhibits, and restaurants that are within walking distance of the hotel. We are also conveniently located next to the DART light rail train system that networks the downtown area, making popular areas such as the West End and Main Street Districts only a short and inexpensive ride away. I can certainly understand how the atrium-facing rooms could feel intrusive, so perhaps you would prefer a beautiful view of the city on your next visit. If there are any additional details of your stay you would like to share, please contact me by calling the hotel directly at 214.919.9000. Again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to serve you again soon.

Reviewed 31 January 2014

went to see a hockey game at the American Airlines Center in DT Dallas. Stayed at the Marriott City Center. Wow - first class operation all the way. My mom is handicapped and the DART rail is right there and took us directly to Victory Station. The hotel staff were all very helpful - gave us great recomendation for lunch and had maps for downtown getting aroud. The rooms very clean and linens luxurious. The restaurant in hotel 4 stars - service very slow but worth the wait. Sunday breakfast - awesome. I would highly recommend Marriott for your Dallas/Downtown travel.

Room Tip: we had an outside / downtown view but the hotel centers around the Plaza of Americas so inside rooms...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Dallas_Marriott, Guest Relations Manager at Dallas Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2014

I’m pleased to read your feedback about your stay at the Dallas Marriott City Center. Go Stars! We appreciate your business and look for any opportunity to improve. I will share your comments about receiving slow service with the restaurant. Thank you again.

Reviewed 30 January 2014

First time in Dallas and at this hotel. In for a thur-sun buisness trip. A little far from DFW but not hotels fault. Arrival was great even though they where busy bellman where quick and efficient, the lobby bar seems to be a happening place all three nights i was there it was full and kind of made the lobby really come alive which i like, Check in was smooth desk agent was quick and very polite. Had one of the Jr suites which was nice, looks like the hotel is fairly new everything was very crisp looking. Bathroom in the Jr suite was huge if your traveling with more than one person it is worth the upgrade. Had room service one night and a lunch meeting in the restaurant the next day. food was great portions deinitley texas size. there was a server with red hair who was great she is like a concierge and server all in one, gave me maps and directions to explore the city. Downtown is pretty quite as other mention but no fault of hotel. Actually it was nice to sleep without hearing sirens and cars like most major city downtown hotels. Plus there lobby bar has everything you need and you can catch the elevator home after a few beverages :)
Next time in Dallas this would be the only hotel I consider as there staff and property are great

Room Tip: No Pool in this hotel but good size fitness centre
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Canmorechef

Thank you for posting your feedback on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your attention to detail in each area of our hotel. I will share your comments with Deborah, the Centric restaurant server; she will appreciate your encouraging sentiments. Our chef works hard to incorporate local, fresh ingredients so it’s great to know this was reflected in your experience. Safe travels and please stay with us again when in Dallas.

Reviewed 30 January 2014

I've been doing full service Marriotts for quite some time. I love using the Concierge. But the one at this location is the greatest! I was told it was the largest one in North America and I believe ti.

Food is awesome, and the service is great. Ask and if they can provide, they will. I'm looking forward to coming back. Over and over again.

Oh yea, the hotel was in a very central location. Which was great for me. Everyone there was very friendly and helpful. I needed a watch battery, and they pointed me to a great shop which was just downstairs in the mall

Room Tip: A must for Marriott Elite Member
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Dear Mr. Rick W, Thank you for your staying with us; we appreciate your business. The Lounge attendants genuinely strive to serve our guests and enjoy hearing your positive feedback. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 23 January 2014

The concierge has to be commended, going over , above, and out of his way to ensure an enjoyable stay. Thanks to all the staff on a beautifully manicured, well run establishment, among the top hotels I have had the privilege to stay in.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Gpat7
Dallas_Marriott, Guest Relations Manager at Dallas Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2014

It was our privilege to be your host during your stay in Dallas. Thank you for choosing our hotel and for taking the time to share your experience. We take pride in each guest interaction, and the team will be happy to hear you enjoyed the recommendations and accommodations we provided.

Reviewed 20 January 2014

My wife and I attended a party on 1/17/14 and wanted to treat ourselves to a nice hotel stay. I travel extensively for my job and have experienced a variety of hotels over the years. This stay happened to be with the use of my Marriott points. As always I went in with an open mind expecting the best. Upon arrival my wife and I were greeted at the valet nicely and offered help with our few pieces of luggage which we declined as they were small due to our one night stay.

We then experienced a young man that checked us in and was absolutely polite. He not only acknowledged my platinum status but also treated us to a free breakfast which we did use however if we didn't have time for breakfast he was willing to provide 700 points in exchange for the breakfast offer. This was going above and beyond for me.

The room was nice, clean and we had a view of the city. Upon leaving to attend our party we were politely asked if we needed transportation. Not harassed at all. Upon returning on a Friday Night at about 1:30am The lobby area was active but not at all noisy. We were on the 14th floor and had no issues with any noise or disturbances. We both slept like babies..... Well after we went to sleep :)

The next morning after eating our comped breakfast, we walked around the mall area which I didn't even know existed until this stay. I would absolutely visit this hotel again. This is a first class hotel and it is well appreciated in a city where many superficial hotels exist.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank csware1

Thank you for your kind words. We are delighted you enjoyed the hotel and our staff. As a Platinum Elite Member, we understand your knowledge of details and expectations of our Marriott Standards. I will share your experience with our Front Desk staff so we can praise their hard work.