“Perfect location”

Dallas Marriott City Center
Ranked #25 of 205 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed 1 March 2014

The staff was exceptional. Stayed on the 14 the floor room over looked inside park area. Close to the city transit, we were able to park our car at the hotel and take the transit everywhere. Bar area was great place to hangout and meet some nice people from around the world. The PLACE to stay in Dallas!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dallas_Marriott, Sr. Rooms Operations Manager at Dallas Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

We appreciate your choice in hotels and thank you for the positive review. Our location is very near to the Pearl Street DART station, which allows our guests to take advantage of the city transportation at a minimal cost. When visiting downtown Dallas in the future, please stay with us again at the Dallas Marriott City Center.

There are newer reviews for Dallas Marriott City Center

Reviewed 24 February 2014

Located just blocks away from the Arts District of downtown Dallas, this full service Marriott property is a delightful find. The staff was welcoming and attentive in every detail, another great example of their "Spirit to Serve". Though it is an older building, our room on the 15th floor was very well maintained with up to date decor and comfortable bed offering a great night's rest. There are a number of places to eat around the atrium or venture out just a few blocks north for some grand dining around the museums and theaters of Dallas. As it is in the midst of a number of downtown office towers, not all the shops and eateries in the atrium are open on the weekend. Note that the Marriott conference center is on the opposite side of the atrium from the hotel. There is not a direct route between the two so plan on a bit of a circuitous walk around the atrium. Our only complaint was that the staff of the hotel restaurant seemed completely unprepared for a number of events and one large conference that weekend. As such both the service and breakfast buffet suffered.

Room Tip: Rooms on the northeast side face the atrium. Those on the southwest face the city.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your recent stay at the Dallas Marriott City Center. We appreciate your kind words and the time you took out of your busy day to write a complimentary review. The hotel tower is connected to one side of the Plaza of the Americas building, which has a beautiful internal atrium. Our event space is located directly across the atrium with easy access via the walkway. I will share your comments about your breakfast service with my fellow leaders, I’m sorry we didn’t meet or exceed your expectations. We do hope that you will stay with us in the future. Please feel free to reach out to me on your next trip to Dallas. Meredith Innes, Sr. Rooms Operations Manager

Reviewed 12 February 2014

Stayed here for two nights while traveling on business. Stayed on 14th floor. The room HVAC unit has a very, very noisy fan. So noisy in fact I had trouble sleeping. Sounded like a jet engine. To make matters worse, on the morning I checked out I had a 6 am flight so I requested a 4 am wake up call. I received that call and headed for the shower. To my dismay there was no hot water even after running the shower for 10 mins! I had to just get dressed without washing up and check out. At the front desk I inquired as to why there was no hot water. I was told that "early in the morning it takes a while for hot water." This is nonsense, as I know that hotels such as these have hot water loops that keep hot water circulating without having to wait more than a few seconds.

I paid $279 a night plus tax for a room without hot water. A poor experience indeed not worthy of even a flophouse let alone a Marriott!

Room Tip: Stay on lower floors to maximize your chances of getting at least a luke warm shower.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Dallas_Marriott, Guest Relations Manager at Dallas Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2014

Dear Mr. Mike Tweed, Thank you for providing feedback to TripAdvisor. We appreciate your time and the opportunity to address your concerns. I’m very sorry that your stay wasn’t relaxing and productive. I am not able to locate reservation information but I would like to be able to repair the deficiencies in your room. Please call me at 214-855-1743 or email me at Meredith.innes@marriott.com so we can discuss your experience. Sincerely, Meredith Innes, Sr. Rooms Operations Manager

Reviewed 10 February 2014

The hotel has changed since my last stay. They used to have an ince rink inside the hotel area, now they have a park inside the building. The business stay was great and the staff was exceptional and more than willing to help us with any problems.

Room Tip: Any location is good, the scenic view is on the park side.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Dallas_Marriott, Sr Rooms Operations Manager at Dallas Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Thank you for staying with us; I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. The Plaza of the Americas did complete a renovation in 2013 which included the removal of the ice skating rink. They transformed the space into a spectacular indoor park complete with live plants and trees, water features, and upgraded seating. We truly appreciate your business and hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 8 February 2014

Marriotts are typically nice and this one was as well. Although I have to say that I felt a bit isolated. This may have been due to the fact that I was only in town for a day and a half on business, but there didn't appear to be much to do. The hotel is attached to other business offices and a "shopping" type area. The window of my room looked out onto this shopping area, which I found to be a bit weird. I didn't feel great about opening the window where, at night in particular, people would be able to look into my room. A window also would've been helpful since it snowed while I was in Dallas. It was convenient becacuse the office I had to go to was located in the attached shopping/business building, but this also didn't encourage me to go out and explore anywhere else. The staff was friendly and it was easy to get a cab to the airport. The room was large so no complaints there.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Dallas_Marriott, Front Office Supervisor at Dallas Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

Thank you for your recent stay with us at the Marriott City Center Hotel and for detailing your experience. Guest feedback is instrumental in our constant efforts to improve our service and product. I’m sorry that you felt isolated during your stay, but hope that if you return you get a chance to explore the many museums, art exhibits, and restaurants that are within walking distance of the hotel. We are also conveniently located next to the DART light rail train system that networks the downtown area, making popular areas such as the West End and Main Street Districts only a short and inexpensive ride away. I can certainly understand how the atrium-facing rooms could feel intrusive, so perhaps you would prefer a beautiful view of the city on your next visit. If there are any additional details of your stay you would like to share, please contact me by calling the hotel directly at 214.919.9000. Again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to serve you again soon.

Reviewed 31 January 2014

went to see a hockey game at the American Airlines Center in DT Dallas. Stayed at the Marriott City Center. Wow - first class operation all the way. My mom is handicapped and the DART rail is right there and took us directly to Victory Station. The hotel staff were all very helpful - gave us great recomendation for lunch and had maps for downtown getting aroud. The rooms very clean and linens luxurious. The restaurant in hotel 4 stars - service very slow but worth the wait. Sunday breakfast - awesome. I would highly recommend Marriott for your Dallas/Downtown travel.

Room Tip: we had an outside / downtown view but the hotel centers around the Plaza of Americas so inside rooms...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Dallas_Marriott, Guest Relations Manager at Dallas Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2014

I’m pleased to read your feedback about your stay at the Dallas Marriott City Center. Go Stars! We appreciate your business and look for any opportunity to improve. I will share your comments about receiving slow service with the restaurant. Thank you again.

Reviewed 30 January 2014

First time in Dallas and at this hotel. In for a thur-sun buisness trip. A little far from DFW but not hotels fault. Arrival was great even though they where busy bellman where quick and efficient, the lobby bar seems to be a happening place all three nights i was there it was full and kind of made the lobby really come alive which i like, Check in was smooth desk agent was quick and very polite. Had one of the Jr suites which was nice, looks like the hotel is fairly new everything was very crisp looking. Bathroom in the Jr suite was huge if your traveling with more than one person it is worth the upgrade. Had room service one night and a lunch meeting in the restaurant the next day. food was great portions deinitley texas size. there was a server with red hair who was great she is like a concierge and server all in one, gave me maps and directions to explore the city. Downtown is pretty quite as other mention but no fault of hotel. Actually it was nice to sleep without hearing sirens and cars like most major city downtown hotels. Plus there lobby bar has everything you need and you can catch the elevator home after a few beverages :)
Next time in Dallas this would be the only hotel I consider as there staff and property are great

Room Tip: No Pool in this hotel but good size fitness centre
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Canmorechef

Thank you for posting your feedback on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your attention to detail in each area of our hotel. I will share your comments with Deborah, the Centric restaurant server; she will appreciate your encouraging sentiments. Our chef works hard to incorporate local, fresh ingredients so it’s great to know this was reflected in your experience. Safe travels and please stay with us again when in Dallas.