“First Class Hotel - Great Location”

Dallas Marriott City Center
Ranked #35 of 203 Hotels in Dallas
Conroe, Texas
“First Class Hotel - Great Location”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

This hotel is beautiful and especially so at Christmas. When we walked into the lobby we were in awe. It was stunning. From the minute we arrived until the time we left, service was impeccable. We had two adjoining rooms, a very nice setup. The rooms were beautiful. They had a great little cafe in the lobby. It seemed to be very popular in the mornings for a quick cup of coffee, pastries, cereal, etc. I can't say enough good things about this hotel. We were very pleased. It's in a great location, close to a host of shops and restaurants. It's very close to the The Sixth Floor Museum/Texas School Book Depository which we visited (a must-see in Dallas).

The concierge (very handsome gentleman whose name I cannot remember - my apologies) recommended a fabulous restaurant - Avanti Ristorante (see my review). It was only a few blocks from the hotel ... wonderful place. The food was fabulous, but the ambience was one-of-a-kind.

We love Marriott Hotels ... this is one of the best.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Dallas_Marriott, Guest Relations Manager at Dallas Marriott City Center, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Thank you for staying with us at the Dallas Marriott City Center. One of my favorite times are the holidays, and we definately appoint the hotel in festive decor. I'm very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I have shared your compliments with our concierge staff. Thank you for your review!

Meredith Innes
meredith.innes@marriott.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 26 May 2014

This is a really nice Marriott property in the heart of downtown Dallas. The only disadvantage of this hotel is the lack of restaurants within a short walking distance (5-8 minutes). Staff is courteous and attentive. Rooms are clean and quiet. I stay here whenever I'm in Dallas.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Gozags2012
We appreciate your business and your recent stay at our hotel. There are a small selection of restaurants within walking distance or a short cab ride up to McKinney Avenue. Please feel free to reach out to any of our front desk hosts the next time you stay with us, we would be delighted to provide additional information.

Meredith Innes
meredith.innes@marriott.com
Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Having booked and prepaid for a no-smoking king room and being checked into a smoke-infested, double room is not what anyone would be pleased with. The less said about the lacklustre service and generally unfriendly and "I-dont-care" attitude of the staff the better. I had to check myself out as quickly as I had checked in. Parking is also a nightmare.

Room Tip: Make doubly sure that the room type you booked is guaranteed when checking in.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Tebogo K
Dallas_Marriott, Front Office Manager at Dallas Marriott City Center, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Thank you for the feedback about your recent stay at the Dallas Marriott City Center Hotel. I am sorry to hear that your stay was less than satisfactory and was hoping to get additional details so that we may address the issues you mentioned accordingly. At your earliest convenience, could you please contact me at the hotel direct line of 214.979.9000 or email me at jonathan.adrian@marriott.com? I appreciate the opportunity to use your feedback in an effort to improve our product and service and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Sincere regards,
Jonathan Adrian
Front Office Supervisor
Edmond, Oklahoma
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I recommend this Marriott for several reasons. First off the location is situated in downtown Dallas, but very easy to access. The restaurant on property is good for breakfast or a snack. The rooms are spacious and have most of everything you would need. The gym is also very nice with enough equipment, weights and others to get in a nice workout daily. The best part is outside the hotel within walking distance.... Klyde Warren Park is very close and what a fun park!! Located in the middle of downtown it has places to relax, several food trucks, foosball/ping pong tables, reading areas for kids at no charge (the activites). It is also walking distance to W. Village area which has tons of shopping and food all along McKinney Ave. Many options so close by. The staff here is very friendly.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor for the view of downtown Dallas
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 19 May 2014

This hotel stay left me conflicted. We had a two day conference at this hotel a few months ago. I'm just going to list the good and the bad and let you decide for yourself.

The Good:
Extremely friendly and nice staff thought the stay and conference. Food was generally good but not amazing. It's attached to the City Center building complex complete with shops and restaurants and really cool prismatic light filters that make giant rainbows in the indoor spaces. It was a decent walk from the hotel part to the conference part on the other side of the enclosed mall, but good exercise.

The Bad:
This hotel doesn't believe in fresh air. The hotel and conference center were stuffy and stifling all the time, despite it being springtime when we were there. My room was at the end of a hallway and there was no airflow at all in the bathroom. So when someone was smoking in a room near mine, I could smell it all night. The bathroom had no fan, so any smells in there lingered for the two days I was there as well. The mirror stayed fogged for hours after a shower. The AC in my room just mixed and recirculated the smell.

My room had only one window that looked out into the mall and into an office building about 20 feet away. So no view of the outside at all and if I wanted to open the window shade to let in some light I was staring at someone sitting at a desk in their office.

There were balconies on each floor near the elevators that would have been a great place to chat and look out over the mall but the doors were always locked.

Between the odd view and the lack of fresh air, I really didn't have a good experience at this hotel, despite the friendliness of the staff. If it wasn't for the staff, this would have been a 2 star experience for me at best.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Tim M
Dallas_Marriott, Guest Relations Manager at Dallas Marriott City Center, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Dear Tim M,

Thank you for your recent posting, and for taking the time to inform us about your recent stay at our hotel. I appreciate your feedback and the opportunity to improve our products and services.

I was disappointed to learn about your experience at the Dallas Marriott City Center. Our team works very hard to follow up and ensure that our guests are completely satisfied. I am very sorry that you didn’t have a flawless experience in regards to the fresh air flow and room location. I would like to be able to have the staff address venting in your room to prevent any future occurrences. At your convenience, please email me if you would like to discuss further. Thank you again for staying with us. Meredith Innes, Sr. Rooms Operations Manager, meredith.innes@marriott.com
Lincoln, Nebraska, United States
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Let me say, first of all, that I stayed at this hotel after having spent three nights at the Grand Hyatt DFW. The Grand Hyatt ruined me for all other hotels, because it was so classy and elegant...swanky, even. Had I stayed at this Marriott first, I might have a different perspective.

The hotel is fine. The rooms are large and clean, and the beds are comfortable. The service is fine, and the staff members are nice. The hotel is in a great location. My first room overlooked the atrium of Plaza of the Americas and I felt as if I couldn't open the curtains without being on display to the shoppers and office workers. I requested a room change, and was promptly accommodated.

My one complaint about this hotel is that wifi is not included in the room rate. I used my personal hotspot, but kept getting kicked out and redirected to the sign-up for the hotel wifi at $12.95/day. I had to keep rebooting my hotspot to stay connected.

Everything else in the hotel is fine, and you'll be comfortable here.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Deidra R
Dear Deidra, Thank you for your recent stay at the Dallas Marriott City Center. I appreciate your feedback. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the service and the size of our rooms. I understand that our location is unique and many rooms face the interior Plaza of the Americas park or have a view of downtown Dallas. Complimentary WiFi is offered in the lobby and Concierge Lounge. The internet service we provide includes extensive bandwidth and VPN compatability. This type of service incurs a fee, and we must charge our guests for a sevice they value. Please feel free to reach out to me if you are in the downtown Dallas area in the future, we enjoyed having you as our guest. Meredith Innes
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

I only rate a hotel when it goes above and beyond the normal Marriott high standards. In my opinion this Marriott (and their concierge lounge) far exceeds the service level at the Marquis in Times Square.

The concierge lounge staff were amazing. They took time to genuinely ask about my day and made sure everything was just perfect. Also, the food was spectacular, taking heavy hors devours to new heights.

The staff is friendly and anticipates your needs. One of the "small things" that is really a big thing for me, was their thoughtfulness in the room on the club level. Water and Pretzels in the room as a "late night snack" is a small thing that speaks volumes to their service level. I'm very rarely in Dallas, however, I know where I'm staying the next time I'm there.

Close to everything. Great food on site and nearby! Management visible and engaged. Home run Marriott, see you next time I'm in Dallas!!!

• Stayed May 2014
Dear Mr. Chad R,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a TripAdvisor review. We look forward to your return on your next trip to Dallas. If there is anything we can do to improve your stay, please do not hesistate to let me know. Meredith Innes, Sr. Rooms Operations Manager, meredith.innes@marriott.com