“Excellent Biblical Art Museum”

Museum of Biblical Art
Ranked #37 of 253 things to do in Dallas
Reviewed 29 December 2013

My son took my husband and I here and it was a very interesting museum. They give you a audio guide which you punch the number in for the item you want information on. It took us a few hours but no one rushed us at all. Very informative and interesting. The staff are quite helpful.

All reviews
"worship"
"figures"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 5 December 2013

Definitely not worth a visit. There was a special exhibit called "The temptation", which ended up being paintings of donuts and cupcakes etc. I wasn't expected to see something that ridiculous in a biblical arts museum. The only item of interest we a large selection of old bibles, some from the 1500. There were some small statue replicas of works by Michelangelo. Not much else. It was quite a let down, especially with a $12 entrance fee. A large number of paintings had nothing to do with the Bible.

2  Thank JohnBradey2778
Reviewed 21 November 2013

The museum was so beautiful. There is a self guided tour which explains everything in the museum. They have a great gift shop also. I wish that I would have had more time to spend there. Make sure that you give yourself enough time to see everything.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

On our recent trip to Dallas we used tripadvisor to pick our attractions as well as recommendations from a friend who lives there. Since both suggested the museum we decided to add it to our trip. It was very interesting and worthwhile. The bonus was that I found a Groupon for the admission so it made it even sweeter! The Thomas Kincade exhibit was wonderful and a little unusual for the artist's know style of painting. The staff was extremely knowledgeable and helpful. We all enjoyed this museum.

See more reviews
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Visited Several Times before the Fire in 2004. This was our first trip back and it was worth the trip. Enjoyed the Bible exhibit and the Thomas Kincade Collection on loan to the Museum. I got us a GROUPON Pass and it was well worth the half price admission. The staff was very friendly and helpful and we enjoyed out day.

Been to Museum of Biblical Art? Share your experiences!