“A Fun Experience”

Ranked #18 of 247 things to do in Dallas
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The Raymond and Patsy Nasher Collection includes more than 300 sculptures by most of the 20th century's greatest talents, including Rodin, Calder, de Kooning, Giacometti, Matisse, Miró, Picasso and Serra.
Reviewed 16 November 2013

This is one of the largest sculpture collections in the world. The short film was rich in the history of the Nashers and their collection. A walk through the outdoor garden is a must. We used the outdoor guide to get information about each of the pieces. The staff was friendly and answered all of our questions. We did go through the special exhibit inside the building which had many sculptures of Matisse, Miro and Picasso.

Reviewed 7 November 2013

Okay, so first off, we went on the free Saturday (First Saturday of the month) so this was well worth it. The sculptures are interesting. There is not a lot of them, but probably a lot for such a specific medium. There is a downstairs for the loaners and an upstairs for the permanent collection. The outside sculptures were by far the best. They have selected some pieces that are definitely conversation starters. Get out the back to see them.

Conversation we focused on: My wife insisted she was not impressed with some of the sculptures because she thought a child could do the. I agreed, but the real question is not could a child do it, but could a child come up with the concept? Sometimes the idea is what is amazing, not always the execution.

The Rodin's are beautiful and sexy.

Reviewed 19 October 2013

The sculptures in the garden are of course wonderful but I really enjoyed the pieces showcased inside the center. While there was no docent tour available when we went, staff was marvelous about providing insights into various pieces. If the weather is accommodating, enjoy a drink on the cafe patio where you can overlook the garden. Be sure to check the Nasher website for evening events.

Reviewed 16 October 2013

I loved the indoor and outdoor aspect to this sculpture museum. They had a visiting exhibit that was spectacular. It was cold when we visited but the outdoor area was still nice. One outdoor sculpture that was supposed to be entered inside of was closed which wa a bit disappointing. This is a fantastic museum in Dallas.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

My wife and I both really enjoy visiting Museums and displays of historic and artistic abilities. When we take the time to go to a museum, art gallery, or other artisitc exposition we expect to see a collection of interesting items that I can't see anywhere else. The last couple of times I went to the Nasher I was highly disappointed because there was more empty space than something of interest to see. In my opinion I think the Nasher should be renamed as the "MINIMAL SPACE CENTER"

Been to Nasher Sculpture Center? Share your experiences!