“Nylo Hotel - Rooftop Soda Bar Only Revieweed”

NYLO Dallas South Side
Ranked #43 of 206 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed 25 December 2013

My wife and I were going to a concert on the south side of Dallas at Poor David's Pub and wanted something to eat and drink before the event. We saw the Nylo Hotel and asked if they had food. They sent us to the roof to the Soda Bar. What a fabulous place. We had a couple of drinks and some light food. The mixed drinks were very generous. My wife's wine selection was recommended by the bar-tender. He uncorked, sampled the flavor and didn't like the taste. He found a second bottle and poured for my wife. He said the first was just a little off. Where else would they do that?

Service was great, ambiance was tops with a view of downtown and the food and drink were excellent. We will go back there without hesitation.

The hotel did look like it would be fun for a short stay-cation so we might try that as well.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 11 December 2013

My fiancé surprised me with a stay-cation for my birthday at this beautiful hotel. From the moment you pull up outside the doors you know you're going to have impeccable service. The front desk was so warm and welcoming. We had both of our pups with us, and they were sweet to them as well. A lot of hotels act annoyed if you bring your dogs, even though you are paying for them! That was definitely not the case this time. We got up to our room and it was absolutely beautiful. There was a little mishap in the room, that happens in all hotels and cant be avoided. There were just some ants in the room. It was in the dead of summer, and is common in the city. I called down and spoke with the front desk. Lawrence, the manager on duty, raced right up to our room with keys to a new room and apologized profusely. We were just chatting with him and told him we were celebrating my birthday and our very new engagement. We had a couple friends hanging out with us during the day as well. Shortly after checking into our new room, there was a knock on the door. He sent us all up champagne!! I truly felt special all day long. When we saw him around the hotel, he remembered our names and would check on us. I noticed he did this with everyone. I could tell him really cared about everyone's experience. The bar on the rooftop was gorgeous!!!!! The bartenders were very nice and unpretentious(rare in this type of setting). We will continue to go back every chance we get, and recommend NYLO to all out of town guests. This is perfect for people even just wanting a scenic view while having drinks. Its a sight you should not miss!

Room Tip: I love to face the downtown skyline.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 December 2013

Loved it here - super cool and very trendy.

NYLO has a funky lobby, good rooms, a great rooftop bar and swimming pool with friendly, upbeat staff. The decor is great throughout; an eclectic mix of old-skool-cool and hipster-chic. Including hanging air-ducts, pop-art and painted pianos. The rooms are great - large, with high ceilings with exposed brick, but a special shout-out to their super comfy beds.

The only issue we had was the room was freezing upon arrival and unfortunately the bar closed quite early (well before 10pm) so we had to go elsewhere for a drink. Otherwise all great!

Just a short drive from downtown and the Bishop Arts District, NYLO is highly recommended for a modern stay in Dallas.

Reviewed 7 December 2013

We loved, loved this hotel It was unexpectedly interesting and unique. I loved the rooftop terrace bar. The room was spacious, with great view of downtown Dallas. I loved all the industrial detail and the beautiful decorations in the hotel lobby. The service was impeccable.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 December 2013

Fantastic place and staff, unfortunately we were only here for one night, but being the first night of our honeymoon we had our room upgraded and complimentary cake and champagne. Thanks for having us

2  Thank Damos_03
Reviewed 4 December 2013

My husband and i took a Dallas "stay-cation" for what would be a 'couples getaway', but as always, we brought along our super-special urbanBeagle sidekicks for what we would call a family getaway ; )

First, I was overwhelmed with the welcome we received…especially for our dogs! We do a fair amount of traveling with our dogs for weekend getaways and such, but nine times out of ten we are treated like second class citizens regarding the pups…but the staff at NYLO totally embraced them…even offered them special treats every time we walked by the front desk….this really won over our hearts for this unique hotel! The whole area of Dallas Southside is super dog-friendly, as there are lots of dog owners at Southside on Lamar and The Beat Lofts across the street. We were thrilled to see that there was even a dog park on block from the hotel that we could walk to and let the beagles off leash to play, sniff, and run around!

Next…I must speak of the artfulness of this hotel! It's hip…it's funky…it's colorful…it's UNIQUE! I am a woman who appreciates the attention to detail in making a space a work of art…and NYLO has done that….from the colorful, funky, relevant pieces of art on the walls (not only in the lobby, library, restaurants, etc….but also in the rooms!)…a true feast for the eyes! Even the piano in the lobby and the pool table in the library are hip-a-dellic works of art! And the MUSIC! Wow! Whoever is managing the music playlists that play in the lobby/lounge area…FAN-tastic! Again…someone is fine tuning…and putting precise, intentional vibes in the music selections that resonate throughout the space. It's so good…I just want to hang out there! And WE DID! Me, my husband, and the dogs just lounged in the lobby (where they have the most luxurious, comfortable seating that just begs to be lounged on ) having drinks, appetizers, and enjoying the glorious music and each other's company!

I love that the hotel, (again….attention to detail) is environmentally conscious…refurbishing an old building….investing in LEED Platinum certification for environmental/sustainable practices…using the artful beauty of exposed concrete floors, ceilings, bricks, old window panes… the hotel feels old, and yet, NEW! It's a cross between old, industrial….with new, modern. The decor is top notch!

Our room was surprisingly spacious! …and SMART! I loved that most of the furniture was minimal, organic, natural….but provided fantastic multi-purpose usage! Fantastic storage space to keep our room clutter free, organized, and open to take in the artfulness of the space.

…and the BED! oh, the BED! SUPER comfy…I slept SO well, and sound during our weekend stay!

NYLO Dallas Southside is also centrally located to Downtown/Southside night clubs and restaurants for good times day and night! We happened to be there during the weekend of the 50 Year Anniv. of the assassination of JFK….we were able to walk from the hotel, past the conventions center, and on to Dealey Plaza, and on through the West End… a powerful time to be downtown Dallas.

Reviewed 4 December 2013

The hotel was very modern and unique. Rooms were comfortable and clean. The entire staff was very helpful and friendly. We loved having the rooftop bar too. You couldn't notice it throughout the rest of the hotel, but it was a great place to grab a nightcap.

Room Tip: The suites are really spacious with a separate living area
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family