“Two thumbs way up!!”

NYLO Dallas South Side
Ranked #43 of 206 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed 12 April 2014

We can't wait to stay here!! We previewed this boutique hotel to see if the reality of Chic in Dallas truly exist. Very impressed with the service from Shane at the front desk, Tony our valet, Luis the Chef who is at the top of his game and the GM Trent saw to it we had a "top of the roof" experience! Have you ever had a "fried deviled egg?...a must appetizer! We WILL be back with friends for dining, dancing, and an overnight experience. They passed the test with flying colors;-)

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 1 April 2014

I stayed there last week - the 2 folks on the desk who checked me in - went above being helpful and fast to offer assistance and directions to the gym. They gave out a great reference for a restaurant (after telling me about the great choices at the hotel.) It turned out I booked at the wrong Nylo location - and they tried to get me into the one my group was at - but the other location was sold out - so I did not get a chance to see if that one had such great people. I did question the one lady on the desk if she ever got to go home - as she helped me out in the afternoon/evening and the the next AM - but she assured me she did!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Cliffdene_Cottage
Reviewed 26 March 2014

I found this place on Groupon and decided to try it out. I was wowed from the time I entered the hotel. It is located right outside of downtown and is surrounded with lots to do. Customer service is a must with me and they went beyond my expectations. The food at the bistro was wonderful and the waitress was very prompt and friendly. The room was very unique and satisfying, They are environment friendly as well. The rooftop bar and lounge is a plus and overlooks the downtown area which makes for a great background in pictures. I would definitely go back.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MochaDiva84
Reviewed 25 March 2014

NYLO South is a wonderful destination in Downtown Dallas! This fun, fabulous boutique hotel has attentive staff, amazing food, great loft spaces and lovely roof top views! Not your boring chain hotel! Truly a find!

Room Tip: GO for the lofts!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed here during stopover and can only recommend - classy hotel in stunning building with top quality staff. Restaurant food was excellent and waitress service top drawer.

Only negative was getting a room opposite the lift which was pretty noisy throughout but apart from that a big thumbs up

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Decent stay. Were only here two nights though on a stop off from Boston to Vegas. Location isn't brilliant, there isn't much around except sparse land and a record shop that is about 100 years old! The hotel itself is really nice though, relaxing pool area with great views. Pool is certainly not for swimming though, at 4ft deep. Highlights in the area are Off the Bone BBQ, a café type takeaway just a short walk away serving some of the best BBQ going. There's a great Sports Bar just up the road attached to another hotel, with probably the biggest screen I've ever seen. And last but not least, the JFK assassination site, definitely a must see if in the area, 20-30 minute walk from NYLO.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Recently I had to attend a 3-day conference at the Dallas Convention Center, and I waited so long to reserve a hotel room, that the Omni and other more well-known hotels in proximity were booked. My company travel agency had the Nylo Southside listed with a very good rate, so I took a chance and booked it. Now I cannot believe my good fortune that the other hotels were booked!
Growing up in Dallas, Lamar St was no-man's land, and kids from the suburbs wouldn't dream of even driving a car anywhere near it. Those days have passed, and Lamar, now known as "The Cedars", is the new cool neighborhood to live and work. And why not??!! It is walking distance to great public transportation and everything new and cool in downtown Dallas.
After arriving from DFW, I parked my rental car in their free lot and never used it again until I drove back to the airport to depart town. DCC is less than a 10-min walk, but the hotel is happy to shuttle you both ways any time of day or night. To safe I felt safe walking around The Cedars would sound silly to anyone not from Dallas, as there are great bars and restaurants everywhere in the vicinity and people walking everywhere on the streets....even late at night. The beautiful new renovated warehouse condo villages that have popped up all over The Cedars are a further testament that this is the place for hipsters to live and hang out.
When I checked in to Nylo, I was greeted by friendly faces at the unconventional front desk, and they told me I had been upgraded to a corner mini-suite. I'm guessing each room is very different, but mine was paradise. On the 5th floor, just under the northeast corner of the rooftop bar, I had an amazing view of the Dallas skyline and interesting new bridge over the Trinity River. There were floor-to-ceiling windows all around, dining table, desk, and natural rock-lined shower. The coffee maker with gourmet brews and teas, refrigerator, and free bottled waters were an extra nice touch. The bath products were a brand unfamiliar to me but smelled of oranges and lemons and had plenty of good moisturizer in the lotion and soaps.
The painted concrete floors and original brick walls were a reminder this was formerly a warehouse, but the interesting artwork and upscale bed linens showed what a brilliant renovation it had undergone. The full California King bed was long enough for my tall frame, and the plush memory foam mattress and comfy down spreads and pillows ensured me a quality sleep. My only concern was the possible street noise, but whatever Nylo did to insulate their rooms, it works well. Even the noise from Gilly's (yeah, THAT Gilly's) couldn't penetrate my little oasis.
In addition to a great night's sleep and free parking, Nylo offers free WiFi and has an on site restaurant with a very nice breakfast buffet (not included in room rate). But the best feature of all is the amazing rooftop bar. Up the elevator to the 6th floor, you'll enter into a large indoor bar with doors and windows that open on 2 sides and plenty of tables both indoors and out. Go out the eastern sidedoor and up the steps, past the plexiglass infinity pool, chaise lounges, and firepit, and you'll see what all the fuss is about......a view to die for.
The cocktail and wine menu has something for everyone, and the Pandora never stops. Watching people swimming in the pool from the inside bar must be great entertainment in the summer. However, the Feb night I visited, the firepit was roaring with an fragrant and toasty oak and mesquite fire. The bar décor is colorful, hip, and architecturally pleasing, and the bartenders are young and fun.
If I had not had dinner reservations across the street at Cedars Social, I probably would have stayed on the patio all night admiring the Dallas skyline. As it was, I returned after dinner and brought all my dinner companions. They were not sorry they made the sidetrip, and you won't be either.
When you stay at the Nylo Southside, you'll have no reason to wander far or get in your car. But if you aren't lucky enough to get a room here, be sure to check out their amazing rooftop bar, their interesting piano, and every other eclectic aspect of this hotel gem. You'll likely make friends with the hotel manager too. He makes a point to greet every guest and remember their name.......something rarely seen this day and age!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business