“2 nights dallas texas” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #33 of 200 Hotels in Dallas
Hechtel-Eksel, Belgium
“2 nights dallas texas”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

the hotel looks great and has everything you need
the people were very friendly and check in was breeze
the room was very cool looking and pretty large
we had a nice view of downtown Dallas witch was pretty neat
the bed was extremely comfy and we had a good nights sleep on it
downside in the room once again was that the shower head was in a fixed spot to low for me to stand under it........ so for you taller people keep this in mind , but this problem is something that most US hotels have
the rooftop MINI pool is pretty cool but it,s more like a big tub , no lap swimming possible and the view is killer , the rooftop bar was a nice touch just to bad that when you sit at the bar you can see behind it and it,s dirty ,i mean every were ,and everything even the glasses we got and there were 2 people on duty behind the bar doing nothing but wait for a new order (we were the only ones in the bar) so there was time enough to clean
very lazy attitude when it comes to cleanliness ,and after we noticed all kind of bugs floating in our drinks (after drinking half of it) we left ASAP
breakfast was good , not allot of choice but the important stuff was there
to bad it is an all non smoking hotel and there are no rooms with balcony so you have to walk outside for a smoke
my wife used the gym witch was across from the hotel and it had everything you could need for a good work out
all in all i would stay here again , i just woulden,t use the bar area

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
Green Bay, Wisconsin, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

I arrived on a Friday night and the lobby was crazy but then it is more of a bar on the weekend. The front desk didn't seem to like having to check someone in that night. The rooms are nice and urban. There was a Keurig machine in the room but no coffee with caffeine. I suppose that forces a person to the lobby to pay for coffee. I had breakfast a couple times which was slow but ok. My only real complaint was the towels which were very thin and rough. The SODA bar upstairs has an excellent view of the skyline but the service is really slow.

Room Tip: Try for a high floor because the lobby is loud. I was on 5 and didn't hear anything from the bar...
Cedar Hill, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

I'd always heard really great things about the Nylo location in Las Colinas, so I was hoping that the Dallas location would be comparable. Unfortunately, it wasn't as expected.Well first of all, the location of the hotel isn't great.I thought I'd made a wrong turn when I got closer to the location because the area didnt look like it would house a "nice" hotel . Upon entrance, I was a little disappointed that it wasn't as nice or spacious as it appeared on the website, but I decided not to let that bother me. Now what did bother me is that there were two ladies at the front "bar" (the check-in counter is literally part of the bar) that didnt say a word to me as I entered. I stood in front of them for a good minute before they said anything at all. So, when they finally attempted to check me in, they informed me that my room wasn't ready (mind you its about 40 minutes after check-in) and there are no other rooms available. I give a bewildered look as I look at my watch and proceede to wait 30 MINUTES until my room was ready. In my book, thats totally unacceptable for any hotel especially for one at the price I paid. Oh, lets not forget that as I was standing at the check-in "bar" the phone rings and one of the receptionist lets out a frustrated "WHAT!?" as though she was irritated about doing her job. Not exactly something I'd think she would do right in front of me. So, I Finally get into my room and again, not what I expected. I get the look that they were going for but it appeared as though they were on a very limited budget. The quality wasn't there at all. I've stayed in hotels a lot cheaper with better quality furnishings and decor. The amentities are limited but they did give one free bottle of water (I'm trying to give credit where I can...lol). The worst part was that the bed was VERY uncomfortable. It was really really hard (so hard that our backs hurt the next morning), there was No mattress cover and the sheet that covered the mattress kept coming untucked. We had to pull the sheet back over the mattress several times through out the night. Also, the walls are obviously paper thin because we heard noise from the restaurant next door and music/talking from events within the hotel from the time we got there until the time we left. Now one thing I did enjoy was the Sodabar. We went up there for a couple of hours and it was pretty nice; especially the view. Unfortunately our waitress never brought our order, and when Iasked her about it after 30 minutes she said she forgot to place it. So all in all, its not a hotel I would stay in again. At least not this location.I may try the one in Las Colinas. I think someone who is younger (I'm only 35 so I'm not that old), will spend most of their time out and about and hasn't experienced staying in a higher quality hotel would love this place.However for the price I paid I expected more. I was really hoping and wanting to love it.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank April P
NYLOManagement, General Manager at NYLO Dallas South Side, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
First of all let me apologize for the reception you were given upon arrival at the hotel, something we obviously don’t accept. I also appreciate the feedback regarding your stay and rest assured, we will take your address comments and make it better. Hope you give us another shot. Please contact me directly if you would like to give us another shot.

Best Regards,
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014

Before I start, I would like to mention that the front desk staff and GM are great and I have no problems with them.

Upon entering the hotel, it looks like a hipster paradise and a place that is trying to look ultra swanky and modern in a crap part of town (transitional)...but that's ok! You find out that the hotel is eco friendly and that's ok too. But, then it starts. The room has stained concrete floors, there is a king bed on a rug made of carpet tiles, ruffled fabric lamp shades, a hard purple chair covered in micro suede, a cheap desk, cheap white chair, a curtain to hide the closet, a tiny side table with a Kuerig coffee maker (4 capsules), 1 bottle of water, a bathroom with a sliding door, raised white sink, and the smallest shower in Dallas. (not Czech republic small, but pretty close with the dingy, yellow tinted, plastic bottom) The stay constantly reminds one that you are in a "green" hotel, but you pay for the privilege by giving up basic luxuries that one wants when staying away from home in a hotel. IE. Comfortable pillows, mini bar, bathroom exhaust fan, bath tub. The bed was ok on comfort. I DID fall asleep, but woke up very sore. In the morning I was thinking about what the problem was. Was I drunk? Was I expecting too much? I don't think so. Out of the 6 pillows on the bed, only one was decently soft to sleep on. The rest were so stuffed that it was like sleeping on a sack of potatoes. Thank god there was a top sheet, because in the morning, I found out that the duvet didn't have a cover. To add, there is no mattress protector on the bed...just another flat sheet. Now, at home, I wouldn't care about this, and most people wouldn't either. But in a hotel, where tons of people sleep on the same bed, and god knows what happens on them, you'd like something more than just a thin sheet between your body and a mattress that has soaked up sweat, body fluids, and blood.

At $160/night, I expected a bit more and better accommodations. I wasn't expecting the 4 Seasons, but I also wanted something better than the econolodge off Interstate 35. We choose Nylo South Side for something different, and from their photos. I guess we are just too fussy and need more comforts and luxuries than what the NYLO can offer. Perhaps, if we were in our 20's, Hipsters, from Austin or Portland, had never stayed at a nice hotel before, knew someone that lived at SouthSide, loved Lee Harvey's, needed something close to the convention center, or just didn't know any better, we would have been content. I paid for 2 nights, and I didn't even stay the second. Also, just to compare, the Magnolia, Stoneleigh, Melrose, and Adolphus are the same price or less. Just think about it.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
At NYLO South Side, we appreciate reviews of both good and bad. I thank you for your feedback and know that I will certainly address with my team your concerns and critique.

Best,
Pharr, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014

Love Love LOVED this NYLO Dallas South Side. The Staff was friendly. Our room was spacious and the bed comfortable amazing view. Great Pool 2 thumbs way up! I stayed on April 22-25 it was a lovely stay deff booking again on my next trip to Dallas !

PS: Totally not noisy!! :)

Reading, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

We arrived midweek and were very impressed by the hotel. The rooms are stylish and very modern. Our room was clean and the beds comfortable. The hotel has really good facilities and the pool on the roof if fab although a little cold.
Unfortunately at the weekend the focus switches from hotel to a party venue with the bar on the roof. This leads to very noisy evening with loud music and lots of people talking. We had to pay for valet parking at the weekend and our car was parked outside the hotel car park as it was full.
We had to switch rooms for our last night. The hotel reception said they would organise our luggage being put into our new room. This room had a sofa bed, we asked them to ensure that the bed was made up as we were arriving back late on the Saturday night. Unfortunately when we arrived back with two very tired children the bed was not made and we had to wait for 30 minutes to get some bedding and someone to get their bed so they could go to sleep.
We had really enjoyed our stay up until this point which was a shame.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for the kind words regarding the start of your stay and I apologize for our shortcomings the last day. I will certainly get with my housekeeping team regarding follow up in regards to getting rooms prepared as they should be. Hope to see you again soon to enjoy this wonderful weather at our pool.

Kindest Regards,
Arlington, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

We can't wait to stay here!! We previewed this boutique hotel to see if the reality of Chic in Dallas truly exist. Very impressed with the service from Shane at the front desk, Tony our valet, Luis the Chef who is at the top of his game and the GM Trent saw to it we had a "top of the roof" experience! Have you ever had a "fried deviled egg?...a must appetizer! We WILL be back with friends for dining, dancing, and an overnight experience. They passed the test with flying colors;-)

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends