“Not what it used to be.”

NYLO Dallas South Side
Ranked #43 of 212 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I stayed at NYLO South Side about a year ago for two weeks(work) and had a great experience. The hotel is super cool looking and has really comfortable beds. I was planning to head to Dallas for a weekend and thought I would stay here again since I loved it the first time around. Totally different. They no longer have free self parking, fifteen bucks a night. Not a huge deal, but a surprise since it was free last time. Upon check in I was given a glass of champagne, nice little touch that was new. We headed up to the rooftop pool after getting settled in. A strange crowd with no seating. Very noisy and abnoxious people. That night at 2am we were woken up by screaming in the hallway. After the bar closes you hear everything inlcuding the drunken fights of all the people that were partying at the Soda bar.
I asked to move rooms the next morning and was accomodated. Our new room was a bit quiter but not by much. We were then woken up by a motorcyle blaring past the hotel in the middle of the night. We went out the next night and decided to go see what all the fuss was about at the pool. It was packed and noisy. We got carded at the door, annoying when you are obviously 21 and staying at the hotel. We decided to head back to our room. The elevator filled up with a bunch of drunk kids. When we excited the elevator to go to our room we heard silly comments about us going back to our room. Seriously! We are grown ups! This is not the crowd I want to be around.
Our room was fine. The bed is always comfortable but there were some issues in the bathroom. The door was really hard to open and close. The fixtures were hanging off the wall in the shower.
Needless to say we will not be staying at NYLO again. Next time go with the tried and true grown up hotel, Palomar, Hotel Lumen. Guranteed a great bar with mature patrons and a great nights sleep.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
NYLOManagement, General Manager at NYLO Dallas South Side, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Thanks for your feedback regarding your stay and I apologize that we failed living up to your expectations. I would love it if you gave us another chance to prove that we are still the great hotel that you experienced a year ago. Please feel free to contact me at tyoder@nylohotels.com and I assure you we can make your experience with us more memorable.

-Trent Yoder

Reviewed 8 June 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed at NYLO while in Dallas celebrating our anniversary. We got in from the Reunion Tower rather late and decided to play some pool in the lobby. Chris, the guy working the front desk at the time, was absolutely fantastic. He was a joy to talk with, made us some excellent drinks and offered us complimentary champagne to celebrate. We will definitely stay there again as soon as we find an excuse to get back down there. :)

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Can’t agree with you more. Chris is awesome. Glad everything went so well and hope to have you back to the NYLO South Side very soon.

Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Signed up on TA specifically to warn you. OUR EXPERIENCE WAS TERRIBLE!!! Upon arrival, we heard vermin in the exposed PVC plumbing.The iron had rust in it and ruined my new shirt for a wedding we were running late for. I contacted front desk and was told the manager would get with me. Never happened. The sounds from the rooftop club will not allow a good night's sleep until well after 2:00 am. There is no room service. Add in the demographics of 'Souf Dallas' and neighbors arguing over chicken 'wangs' and fries and you will not enjoy the stay. What a joke. I've never wanted to leave a hotel this bad EVER!! Hope all NYLO hotels aren't this bad, but I won't be finding out. Should have stayed at the Omni.

Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We Stayed here for 1 night in May, when the Toronto Blue Jays were in town. It is truly breathtaking. I was mesmerized by the decor - its so incredible. Different, funky, Unique - something to see. The Rooftop pool is perfect! The hotel itself is a 2 minute taxi ride from downtown but worth it! The restaurant on the main level has incredible food. We had the chicken & Turkey Club with roasted tomato bisque & creme brule for dessert. I couldn't have been more impressed with the food or service. Will definitely stay here or at the other locations. Great PLACE!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Well what can I say about this review? Thank you so much and I’m glad you enjoyed your experience with us. I can’t agree more with you about the food. Hope you get back soon as we are just about to add some even more wonderful dishes to the menu. Let me know if I can assist in making arrangements for you to get back to Texas and NYLO South Side.

Stay Unique

Reviewed 2 June 2014

I stayed at the NYLO last week. The hotel has a fun, trendy vibe and the staff were all very warm and gracious. The room was great (very clean and it had everything I needed for my business trip) and the bed was truly excellent. The restaurant offers a wide variety of choices and that kept things from getting boring. I thought the NYLO was in a great location and it had easy freeway access for the times when I wanted to go out exploring. Parking is also very good. I will definitely stay here again on my next trip to the Dallas area. :+)

Room Tip: I stayed in room 513 and enjoyed noise free sleep each night.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for this great review and I’m happy that we were everything you expected. Next time you venture back this way, let me know and I will make sure we roll out the red carpet for you!!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

1st, this hotel is perfect for hipsters and travelers weary of your typical, hotel experience where you're shuffled in and out like an airline flight. It's close enough to downtown that a cab ride would be $5-10 and far enough removed that it offers jaw dropping views of the Dallas skyline. Sitting rooftop at the pool-bar is an absolute must. There's very few places in Dallas that offer a view like this. Rooms are super cool, not reaching like some ultra modern hotels that come across as cold rather than inviting. Only draw back was they don't offer room service 24 hours, you can order from the pool bar or restaurant downstairs and carry your food to your room. If they're not busy, they'll deliver it for you. Bed was super comfortable, pillows rocked. I'm definitely going back, but this time making a weekend out of it. This is the kind of hotel that makes traveling fun.

Room Tip: downtown view is desired but any where you face is still cool
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for you wonderful review of the hotel. Room service is something we are certainly looking into as many guests just like to just relax in our comfortable beds and have a meal. Please let us know if we can help in making arrangements for that weekend getaway. Hope to see you soon.

Best Regards,
Trent Yoder

Reviewed 28 May 2014

This is a tad bit late but still worth the review of this awesome hotel. We wnt in December of 2013 for the Lights all Night concert and to visit some friends. This hotel is very different and very cool. Everything like everyone has mentioned is "green". The hotel did a nice job on decorating in a Art Deco Style. The rooms are not the biggest but big enough for what you need. The atmosphere in this hotel is very calm and smooth. We received great service from the valet till check out. You cannot miss the view from the bar uptop, even though it was cold during this time they had a fire going on out there to make it comfortable. My wife and I enjoyed some drinks and the skyline before we went out each night. We walked to the convention Center which was about a 10 min. walk . This place is very unique and I recommend anyone to try this.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Lights All Night was a great weekend! Glad you choose NYLO South Side for your choice in hotels!! Hope you get a chance to visit us now that the pool is in full swing.