“Perot Museum of Nature and Science”

Perot Museum of Nature and Science
Ranked #5 of 248 things to do in Dallas
More attraction details
Owner description: Inspiring minds through nature and science.
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Fabulous interactive experience. Great venue for business networking event. Love the earthquake simulator.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,951)

Reviewed 15 October 2013 via mobile

Great place to spend day at, always something to do different everytime my son and I go. I bought a membership and it has been a blessing. We have been about six times and enjoy it everytime.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

This museum is very hands on and any child from a preschooler on up through high school would love it and learn a lot, as well as all adults. Would like to go and spend more time there. Very informative and roomy and something to see everywhere you look.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

This museum was designed to be interactive and interesting for every age. I think I could spend a whole day on just one level. If your time is limited just immerse yourself in the subjects that interest you most. Also, go in the afternoon after the school buses have departed. You don't want to share the space with that many kids. Because it is so popular and hands-on, expect some exhibits to be closed for maintenance. Itts popularity has wildly exceeded expectations.

Go in the morning to the Reuniom Tower observation deck, called the Geodeck, then you can go up a level to Cloud 9, a lunch cafe run by Wolfgang Puck, or go to Klyde Warren Park and get lunch from a food truck and enjoy watching people and dogs. The Perot is walking distance for the park.

3  Thank osbornat62
Reviewed 14 October 2013

My husband and I are both self-proclaimed nerds who work in education, and we decided to spend one of our first days of summer vacation at the Perot Museum! :-) I enjoyed each level of the museum (it is organized by floor/level), and of course the glass-encased elevator had a great view. It was neat to learn about weather patterns and space/the environment, and look at all the different gems and precious stones, but my favorite is always the "animal stuff" - the dinosaur and Texas wildlife sections were my favorite. The last level was a bit overwhelming for our senses, but we could see how kids would love this part - very loud, but very interactive and gives people/kids the chance to "test hypotheses" and fun things like that.

A few hours well spent!

Been to Perot Museum of Nature and Science? Share your experiences!