“A good place to take the kids” 4 of 5 bubbles

and up
Dallas CityPASS
Ranked #5 of 229 things to do in Dallas
More attraction details
Owner description: Inspiring minds through nature and science.
Baltimore, Maryland
119 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 179 helpful votes
“A good place to take the kids”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013

It's a fun, interactive venue that will fascinate children for a couple of hours. The earthquake exhibit will entertain, while the trip on the simulator that takes you "down into the earth's crust" will educate...albeit a bit anti- government regulation, as evidenced by the singing cartoon outside the exhibit. You can listen to a melody about how the oil companies have to jump thru hoops to please the local government and the people of the towns where they drill for shale.

• Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Dallas, Texas
“Fun for the whole family”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

I went here with my brother and sister (all above 21 year old), and we had a blast. The exhibit at the time was the Bodies exhibit. It was great. The regular exhibit was fun, especially the second floor. It has the most hands on pieces that I've seen in any museum. If you live in the area, I would recommend buying a membership so that you can get into the regular exhibits for free and join in on member only events like nights at the museum

Visited September 2013
Dallas, TX
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Don't miss it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

We have a two year old and a 4 year old. We became members and visit the museum about once a month. We spend about two hours at a time and can only focus on one or two floors. You could spend an entire day here, not including any of the movies or special events. It is impeccably clean, very thorough, with a variety of complexity for every age, including adults. I've learned a lot since I started bringing the kids.

Colorado
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 133 helpful votes
“Excellent Museum and Beautiful Building”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

I have to admit that I am not an avid museum visitor. I start out good, study all the displays, read everything, and after a couple of hours I’m looking for the exit or my watch. As museums go this are very nice, lots of variety, well maintained, and not too crowded, even on a weekend when we went. Having visited once, I probably wouldn’t go back unless there was some really special spectacular exhibit to be seen.

I can't really gauge entrance fees compared to other museums, but felt the cost was a little on the high side.

Dallas, TX
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“A scientist who loves this place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

I was lucky to preview the Perot before it opened its doors to the public and ever since then I have been hooked. It is not only one of the most amazing science museums I have visited (and I have been to many, believe me!), but they are also great at making it a place that you want to visit multiple times. This place is amazing and it is not only for kids. In fact, I do not have kids but my girlfriend and I bought a membership and I have to say we have never made a better investment. Not only we get to go as many times as we want, but we can go during 'member only' hours when nobody else is there, and you get many other perks. Absolutely worth it.
Did I already say it is a great place for adults too? If you don't believe me, check their 'social science' nights, a monthly opportunity for adults to explore the museum with a drink or two in their hands. Love it!!!

Visited September 2013
1 Thank LaDiMa

Been to Perot Museum of Nature and Science? Share your experiences!