“Loved it” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Meso Maya

Meso Maya
Reserve with OpenTable
Meso Maya is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 3,563 Restaurants in Dallas
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern, Latin
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Kids, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Brunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Downtown Dallas
New York City, New York
“Loved it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

Corn tamale appetizer was amazing. Fish tacos were fresh. Service was great as well. They have an outdoor seating area and a take out area in the back.

Visited June 2014

Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
“Food selection wasn't for me”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

My family had mixed reviews on this restaurant. A couple of us enjoyed the cuisine, but I was not thrilled with the selections. Everything was a little too spicy for me and I did not care for the Margarita I ordered as well. The service was a little slow and I thought the prices were too high for the quality and quantity received. I would never return.

• Visited May 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“The best I've had”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

We randomly decided in Meso Maya for lunch on our last trip to Dallas and I am SO glad we did. Typically, we skip Mexican food restaurants because they tend to be an Americanized version. This, however, was interesting, fresh, and downright tasty! When you enter the restaurant, it is perfectly decorated. Warm, inviting, not cheesy at all. We opted to sit outside on the patio. It was great in the afternoon- tons of misters to help with the Dallas heat. But I can imagine the patio is even better at night when the string lights are all lit. My only complaint would be that we sat right under a speaker and the music was a tad too loud. So loud actually, that we wanted to start off with chips, guacamole, and the ceviche, but I server must have heard "cheese" and so we didn't end up with ceviche. Although we normally wouldn't have ordered the cheese, I have to admit it was pretty darn good! For lunch I had the shrimp tacos and they were delicious. My husband the marinated skirt steak tacos and he said it was some of the best steak tacos he has ever had. Both kids ate from the kids menu and left very little on their plate. Try the avocado margarita. Don't be scared- it is mostly pineapple and very refreshing on a hot afternoon! While we didn't have the chance to be too adventuresome, I am looking forward to our next trip. I can't wait to try dinner!

Ghent, Belgium
“Great Mexican food in downtown dallas!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed this place from start to finish, the service was wonderful. There is valet parking, complimentary !
We started with margarita's and guacamole and ceviche. I hadn't tasted Mexican food like this since I was in Mexico ! It was fresh and delicious. As entree we had enchilada's and a special of the day, sea bass. The mole was also great. To bad there was no room for dessert...and reasonable prices !
We sat outside on the patio and had a beautiful night. I will come back when I am in dallas!

Visited June 2014
Boerne, Texas
“"Almost" hidden gem near Perot Museum”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

We had walked through the Perot Museum for a few hours and our feet needed a break. Across the street, on the back side of El Fenix, we found the perfect place for resting our feet and enjoying great Margaritas, Guacamole, Chips and Salsa while sitting at the bar with Abigail and Ricardo providing great service. We'll definitely return the next time we are in town.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Been to Meso Maya? Share your experiences!