“Great hotel!”

Ranked #14 of 204 Hotels in Dallas
New Haven, Missouri
“Great hotel!”
Reviewed 5 January 2014

We loved our stay here! Everyone was SO friendly, especially Raul the valet guy who was able to put up with me every time I wanted a cab! Room was BIG! (Corner studio suite) no complaints about our stay!!!!

Room Tip: Corner suite is bigger!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Megan H
Mindy D, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Dallas Downtown, responded to this review, 7 January 2014
Megan Q,

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive comments about our hotel. Raul was the first to show me your review even before I received the email alert telling me it was posted. Compliments fuel our team and give them the drive to keep it going no matter how cold it is in Dallas or how busy we are with conventions. From the bottom of my heart I appreciate your kind words! We can't wait to welcome you back again soon. Have a wonderful week!

Mindy Dennis

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Houston, United States
Reviewed 1 January 2014

The room requested was unavailable and the staff members seem unwilling to remediate the issue. Some of the staff seemed uptight and didn't care that the situation was going on. As a diamond member, I expect a whole lot more from a hotel especially one located in a Downtown location where many business employees travel too. Although this was a personal trip with family, the stay in the hotel was horrible.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

2 Thank Tommy L
Mindy D, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Dallas Downtown, responded to this review, 2 January 2014
Mr. Tommy L,

Thank you for leaving a review of you recent stay with us at our property. These comments help us improve our level of service and as a new property feedback is vital to our growth. We are so sorry to hear that you had a less than stellar experience. We always try to do everything that we can to increase guest satisfaction, and we are sorry that we fell short of our normally high standards as well as your expectations. We take your comments very seriously and have passed them along to our team in an effort to ensure that your issues are rectified for future guests. We thank you again for your feedback and hope that the next time you're in town you'll give us another chance and stay with us again. Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you due to the availablility shortage. We hope you otherwise had a very Happy New Years and hope to see you in 2014.

Los Angeles, United States
Reviewed 29 December 2013

We had 2 rooms and they were surprisingly large and very attractive. Everything looked new. The kitchen with full size fridge is so great to have, especially with kids. The complimentary food and drinks in the lobby lounge M-Th. is a nice plus with a pool table, a cozy couch and large screen tv. Nice gym and small pool round it all out and a very friendly staff as well. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Mindy D, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Dallas Downtown, responded to this review, 30 December 2013
Richard G,

All 5 stars! Big high 5's will be given to our team tomorrow in our Team Huddle. We are glad to hear that you were able to enjoy the large fridge and spaciousness of the suite. I'm the oldest of 10 and have an appreciation for these details as well.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us about the hotel and look forward to seeing you in 2014!

Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed 28 December 2013

I originally booked my room because it provided the best price for a central location. But it was more than that. Here goes:

My stay was for two nights, 12/26 to 12/28. I got there before the 3pm check-in, but rather than hold my bags while I kill some time (my initial plan), I was given a room. Check-in took about a minute.

The hotel seems to be newly remodeled, with very few signs of wear in the common areas or room. My room fit my needs perfectly...not bowling me over with opulence, but a source of comfort in an unfamiliar environment. [One note, my room was near the elevators, and there was some elevator noise. I don't mind this, but if you are sensitive to these things, I would suggest that you get a room numbered x10 or above]

The breakfast (every morning) and dinner (only M-Th) were fine. There's a waffle station, as well as the normally expected breakfast foods in the morning. Several juices and coffees...it didn't feel chintzy at all. The trays were refreshed constantly, and there were always two attendants servicing the area. There were two local breweries on tap for cocktail hour, as well as wine. And all of this was free.

Pool table, small pool in the basement, exercise room (about ten machines and free weights) , a business center, a movie room, and a game room. If I was the type of person who wanted to relax in the hotel, there was plenty to do.

The hotel is one block away from a central bus center, the light rail, and the free bus (722). Using only public transportation, I could access just about every place of interest for a tourist (except for Cowboy Stadium) quickly and inexpensively.

As a single traveler, I chose this hotel for price and location. If I was a family with small children, it becomes a no-brainer. The staff was very attentive and projected a sense of abundance, with coloring books for children and a generous attitude for everyone.

Room Tip: Rooms numbered x10 or above will not have elevator noise.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank EatTheBus
EatTheBus,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about our hotel. You are right! The lack of wear is due to the fact that we have only been open since October 9th. The details you shared will help future travelers decide on our hotel vs others. Thank you again for helping us end the year with such a strong and positive review. We look forward to seeing you, and hopefully the family, soon!

Lake Forest, IL, United States
Reviewed 19 December 2013

This was a great place for us to stay, centrally located in the downtown area. The room was super clean, the furnishings and bedding updated and attractive. Love the lobby with the fireplace and a great complimentary breakfast. They also have a meal in the evening but we did not take advantage of that offering. The staff were very hospitable and welcoming. I would definitely stay here again. I am really fussy about hotels and this was certainly fulfilled all my needs

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

Ken H,

We love hearing such positive reviews from our self proclaimed "Fussy" travelers. Thank you for staying with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Dallas, United States
Reviewed 13 December 2013

I've stayed here for seven straight weeks and it's as good as it gets. The staff is very friendly. This is the only hotel I've ever stayed at that I don't get homesick at. The rooms with floor to ceiling windows are the best.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Mindy D, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Dallas Downtown, responded to this review, 14 December 2013
Taylor S,

First of all thank you for taking the time to share your review and kind words. This was a nice surprise in our inbox when we woke up this morning! As you know we focus on Extended Stay travelers in Dallas and appreciate your feedback as a 7 week stay guest. We feel this will help future guests make their decision on where to stay after reading your feedback. We hope to see you again soon. Happy Holidays!

Dallas, United States
Reviewed 12 December 2013

I am in the hospitality industry and was "wowed" by my stay and experience in the hotel. Everything from valet, front desk, security to my room was excellent. I will definitely stay again as well as recommend to my clients as well as friends and family.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Mindy D, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Dallas Downtown, responded to this review, 13 December 2013
Vicky W,

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review. We look forward to having your clients stay with us and promise to take good care of them. The biggest compliment is a referral! Thank you again!