“Great food and great people watching”
Review of R+D Kitchen

R+D Kitchen
Ranked #196 of 3,639 Restaurants in Dallas
Price range: US$15 - US$40
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Come visit R+ D Kitchen a University Park neighborhood favorite since 2007. Be sure to try our versions of classic American dishes like the Reubenesque Sandwich, the Chicken and Spinach Salad, and our Three-Layer Carrot Cake with toasted walnuts and mascarpone icing. We look forward to welcoming you soon!
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We love sitting at the bar watching both the flurry of servers and patrons alike. The menu is small and relatively simple, but don't be fooled--the food is excellent! The sushi appetizers are always fresh and very tasty. They have several good entrees from which to choose and we have tried most of them. It is a place at which you will nearly always have at least a short wait which I see as a testament to how good it is.

There are newer reviews for R+D Kitchen

Reviewed 28 May 2014

This is an OK choice for dining in Dallas especially since there are so many options to choose from here. I've been to R+D for dinner, lunch and brunch several times. Deviled eggs are a home run, but most of their other menu options are ok but not stellar, especially considering their price point. I also can't figure out why this restaurant has such a difficult time with their tea service. How hard can it be to provide customers with hot water when serving tea? I wonder if they can't afford individual kettles, which would surprise me with the prices they charge for their food, or maybe they just don't understand that serving hot tea properly shouldn't be treated as a request that is so outrageous that requires 10-15 minutes to receive hot water from a staff member. I rarely write to the management of a restaurant, but my email to the manager about recent service was never responded to. Another reason R+D is no longer on my list of places to try.

Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

We had a business meeting at R+D. The atmosphere was very eclectic. Food was average to above average. Had better and had worse.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

OMG..I love devil eggs and they were good, but the coconut shrimp was incredible. I am not a sushi lover so when it came out I was about to turn my nose up to it, but it was NOTHING like sushi. It was some of the best I have had and it was different. The Pork sandwich was also GREAT!

Reviewed 15 February 2014

This place never disappoints. The food and variety of food is wonderful (something for the healthy eaters and for those who want a burger and fries). The tuna salad is to die for, the omelet delicious. Service is always attentive. Great decor. A solid go-to restaurant. Cannot accommodate large groups since the tables are build in . Six max.