“Virtually Ignored... Won't be back”
Review of Hooters

Hooters
Ranked #1,460 of 3,738 Restaurants in Dallas
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups
Neighbourhood: Oak Lawn
Reviewed 22 August 2014

I was having a rare day off in the middle of the week a while back when I decided to indulge in my hobby of photography and went to Downtown Dallas to take some pictures. I then decided on a whim to have a late lunch at Hooter's... And immediately regretted it.

Let's face it... The main reason why people, particularly us guys, go to Hooter's is not for the world class food. It's simply an overblown sports bar where you can look (and maybe drool) at pretty women in tight tops, short-shorts, and hose. The food is average to above average at best. In recent years, Hooter's is being outshined by "clones" like Twin Peaks and The Tilted Kilt. But those places also offer better food and a better variety.

So why did I go there if I'm not high on the place? Simply put: It was the closes place. (Since then I've learned that there is a Dick's Last Resort and a Hard Rock Cafe nearby and would much rather go there from now on).

It was around 2 in the afternoon when I went inside. The lunch crowd was gone. It was pretty thin on customers. A quiet and relaxing time. I was promptly met by the hostess and seated at a table in the main bar area... And that's when things started going downhill from there.

I saw at least four waitresses buzzing about the bar area and attending to the other patrons. But it took over 15mins for a waitress (who was assisting customers 2 tables away from me) to notice I was there to get my drink order. (Again, bear in mind that the place was nearly empty. It wasn't like she was overwhelmed with other guests) I decided to indulge in a beer (just one since I was driving alone) and a water. Even though I was in the BAR AREA, it took a good 10mins or so to get the beer. When she came, I had not yet settled on what I wanted to order so she said she would be back. Another 15mins go by and I'm waiting for her return. Once again, she was attentive to the small group at the table 2 away from me... But never stopped by to check and see if I was ready. When she finally came around, I gave my order. Pretty simple: Their BBQ Bacon Cheeseburger. Time starts dragging on. The table that she lavished 95% of her attention on was gone not long after I ordered and yet... She never came by to see if I needed a drink refill (I was planning on ordering a soda to go with my lunch) and it was taking nearly 30mins for my food to arrive (again... during a SLOW period).

In the end, I was hungry and not in a very good mood. Didn't order that soda. I just asked her to pack it up for a "to go" order. SUDDENLY... She was asking why. WOW! SUDDENLY she's concerned about attending to me??? I didn't want to get into a discussion about it. I just asked her to pack it which she did. I paid and left. If she had been half as attentive, I would have tipped her. Got home and my burger and fries were a pile of crap in the box. Would have been better served going to McDonald's.

I am not one of those guys who expect waitresses at Hooter's (or Twin Peaks or Tilted Kilt) to fawn over me and be at my beck and call. But her lack of attention was indicitive of the way Hooter's as a whole chain is going down hill. In times past, the girls were friendly and very good waitresses and hostesses. Now... They group I've run across here and at other Hooter's could give less than a damn if you even walk in. Suffice it to say... I haven't been back to a Hooter's in several months and won't ever again.

2  Thank Craig N

Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

Great wings, great beer, and the Angry Owl mixed drink is fantastic. Easy walk to American Airlines Center for sports and concerts!

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Took my partner to lunch during the week. We were early, so we got seated right away and had a very nice, attentive waitress get us drinks and was quick with our order (burgers for both). Both burger orders were good and with a nice waitress, we'll go back again.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

While taking a mini vacation to Dallas over the July 4th weekend my wife & I went with some good friends to Hooters for lunch as it was close to some of the museums we were touring that afternoon.

Upon arrival we were promptly seated & had our drink orders taken. Our server was very attentive to us and ensured we didn't run out of drinks.

We ordered an appetizer of fried pickles for the table which were outstanding as always. When ordering food everyone ordered wings except my wife who ordered a quesadilia. Everyone commented on how good the 'medium' flavored hot wings were. But all other flavors were average at best. My wife's quesadilia was not very good.

All in all this was your typical Hooters. Where you go there for good wings, but most of their other food isn't very good.

Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

I really like Hooters. But some are better than others. This is a good one. The wings and shrimp were great. The were served by a less than nice waitress but hey, you can't win them all. At this point I think most people really do come for the wings.

Been to Hooters? Share your experiences!